Operating Systems and Key Applications: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000/XP, UNIX, AIX. Oracle, SQL, AS/400, DB2, CITRIX, WebSphere, MVS, Adabase, COBOL, MS Office, MS Project, ABT Project Workbench, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Kronos, Aprimo Marketing Planning Software, Optio, webMethods, PkMS warehousing, Hyperion Essbase, GEAC, Natural, CA Masterpiece, Prism, ADP, NetSuite, Datasul, and numerous legacy applications
Value Stream Lead - Certified Engagement ManagerResponsibilities:
- Provided the functional expertise for sales of ERP implementation services as well as long-term Managed Services for both on-premise and cloud solutions. The sales experiences were for companies in industrial manufacturing, Automotive, insurance, direct marketing sales and home entertainment industries.
- Managed Customer Care/Help Desk implementation using NetSuite for a national company selling consumer and industrial appliances through stores and e-commerce. Created the processes, applications and forms that would allow them to create, manage and track and report on approximately 79,000 customer contacts annually.
- Designed and managed the setup of the Information Technology Help Desk for a national retailer usine ServiceNow. We created all of the processes, escalation points, tracking mechanisms and reporting metrics for a retail/e-commerce environment as part of a spin-off. Previously all IT operations fell on the previous owner and we were able to implement well in advance of the required date mandated by the Transition Services Agreement.
- Managed the Point-of-Sale design for integration from e-commerce orders to warehousing and inventory applications. The designed integrations allowed the client to track inventory and on-line sales real time, which was a huge benefit over their legacy systems that had up to a 24 hour processing delay.
- Managed Order-to-Cash workstream and Data Conversion activities for a merger and acquisition of multi-national bakery integrating across four countries. I managed all of the configuration, customizations, EDI, and client testing for the Order to Cash workstream and coordinated all development activities with offshore developers. Additionally I was given the data conversion activities to manage after the CRP data load failed. As an example, when I started we were unable to load more than 50% of the bills of materials over a two week trial. After process and data quality improvements, we loaded 99.5% of the BOM’s on the first pass in less than 1 day.
- Manages the functional consultants that are working on a global implementation of JD Edwards 9.1 for a heave equipment manufacturer across four business segments. The activities include process design through Level 5 work instructions, integration to legacy systems, project planning and resource/work effort loading. The project activities include creating an a functional Global Common Template integrating and optimizing the clients existing legacy systems and designing an operating model that will be deployed to business units globally as well as assisting the client in initiating Data Conversion activities.
- Responsible for managing the day-today tactical operations for the following Value Streams: Plan-to-Produce, Source-to-Pay, Concept-to-Product, Call-to-Resolution, Lead-to-Cash and Record-to-Report as well as Configurable Network Computing (CNC) activities.
- Working with the client to design and initiate a usable project methodology, including templates, to use as their corporate project baseline to include project planning work breakdown structure, requirements gathering, gap resolution, issue and risk management and program metrics.
Solution Architect/Certified Delivery Lead
- Responsible for all aspects of pre-sales planning including defining project scope, estimating resources, creating staffing plans, assisting the financial team in completing the pricing estimate and providing business and technical input for sales presentations.
- Post-sales activities include; implementing the project management framework, project planning, and Solution Blueprinting.
- Solutions provided for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.10, 8.11, 8.12, 9.0, JD Edwards World, JD Edwards OneWorld Xe, PeopleSoft HCM 9.1, and NetSuite cloud solutions
- Serve as Instructor for Confidential formal classroom training at St. Charles, IL Training Center.
- Have conducted specific project training in; project estimating, project work planning, project metrics, and core competency classes for newly hired Analysts and fourth to fifth year Consultants.
- Responsible for the sales process and completed the project Estimate, Proposal, Staffing Plan, Pricing and Project Plan.
- Engaged as Project Leader for the Supply Chain tower, which included managing resources across five countries for Sales Order Management (different processes and customizations were required by metal type and location), Inventory Management (most inventory was described in Portuguese or Spanish), Procurement, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- This implementation was complicated by multiple systems, multiple languages, and a highly customized prior version of JD Edwards that was unusable due to excessive customizations.
- Estimated, planned and provided functional expertise for the Sales Order Processes for a spin-off company that was selling consulting services to nuclear power plants.
- As this was a NetSuite implementation, one of the challenges was simplifying the Chart-of-Accounts from the parent system PeopleSoft Accounts to the simplified NetSuite model.
- Responsible for business process designs for Sales Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and Accounts Receivables.
- Provided a project plan and created a customized solution to an international shipping company that was integrating multiple legacy systems into JD Edwards 8.12 for Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, and Inventory Processes.
- The client had 30+ shipping ports worldwide using 11 different versions of invoices that used similar data elements, but the definitions of the data elements were vastly different.
- Created a series of custom tag files used to standardize the data.
- Provided initial estimate and created the PMO for a cable company converting from JD Edwards World to NetSuite.
- Responsible for converting corporate Financials, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable from Legacy JDE to NetSuite as well as identifying Inventory and Item locations for conversion in over 45 locations.
- Identified and created Sales and Financial processes and defined the data cleansing requirements for the client.
IT Project Leader
- Engaged to conduct divesture of systems for a piece of acquired business to meet Confidential restrictions.
- The FTC mandated the divesture to occur within 10 days of the main merger.
- The company being acquired estimated that the divesture activities would take them a minimum of 33 weeks.
- The company making the purchase brought our team in to manage the divesture on their behalf.
- At project inception there was 13 weeks available until the scheduled merger close.
- My project team was able to successfully integrate the companies systems and complete the divesture activities within the required timeframes.
- Was requested back to this Transportation client because they had acquired added another company to their portfolio.
- Personally delegated as the sole resource from Confidential to bring the project back on track.
- Responsible for gathering the Business Requirements, Developing a Project Plan with Traceable Metrics, providing a Test Plan, and establishing the overall project structure.
- Responsible for Assessment and Planning for a food manufacturing conglomerate that was acquiring four manufacturing plants from a competitor.
- Led the assessment of their current business environment, and making process recommendations.
- Visited the to-be acquired plants, mapped the businesses processes and key data between the companies and completed the project plan that allowed the client to meet their aggressive schedule.
- Engaged as Lead to plan and execute joining two ERP systems as part of a merger and acquisition between two transportation companies - one international and one U.S. based.
- Led the project team that merged the two systems, including Chart-of-Accounts mapping, Summary, detailed Financial transactions, and Master Data for customers, suppliers, employees including open Sales and Purchase Orders.
- Additionally, asked to upgrade the software version and re-platform the database.
- Created and implemented intensive testing against the business processes which enabled a go-live on time and no help desk calls the first week of operation.
- Engaged to assist a large multi-national oil and gas mining company with a troubled JD Edwards OneWorld Xe implementation. This company had implemented over a period of years using independent consultants and the final product was highly customized and inconsistent.
- Confidential was contracted to provide support for technical functions in a Co-Source arrangement for OneWorld Xe and SQL development.
- Provided the functional and technical support for Asset Management and Human Resources modules. Created and launched a training plan for new employees, and trained the JDE Working Committee management team on the proper operations associated with JD Edwards OneWorld Xe.
- Assessed the environment for a potential upgrade to JD Edwards 8.1X, and held a series of workshops to review and enhance the service delivery processes used by the Co-Source.
- Initiated a process that will allow the company to re-define their governance model and start the process to determine their long-term IT strategy.
- Performed a detailed technical assessment to address severe performance issues.
- Provided detailed assessment and executed changes to the root causes including; improper database tuning, improper application development, and poor hardware architecture.
- As a metric, at the start of the engagement the average EnterpriseOne scheduled batch job ran for an average time of 7 minutes and 28 seconds.
- Following system tuning, improved the throughput to less than 45 seconds.
- Served as the acting Corporate IT Manager while the client conducted a search.
- Interviewed candidates and made hiring recommendation.
- Responsible for managing their IT operations and managing the integration of their legacy mainframe applications into EnterpriseOne Distribution modules.
- Managed 25 client employees and contractors .
- Assisted the corporate team develop a comprehensive corporate IT strategy that allowed them to plan activities and identify potential gaps and conflicts in their technology initiatives.
- Planned the data conversion requirements for an acquisition which would move data from 2 acquired companies existing SAP ERP system to JD Edwards OneWorld XE.
- Led client workshops to gather the functional and IT requirements and create the conceptual design.
- Mapped the data fields in both JD Edwards OneWorld XE and SAP R/3, and executed the data conversion. Re-architect the technical environment for the new transactional load.
- Designed a new application environment to minimize risks to the new production environment and recommended hardware/software upgrades to mitigate future risks.
- Implementation lead for cut-over to EnterpriseOne 8.12 and the next wave of enhancements for G/L, Fixed Assets, A/R, A/P, and Item Master modules.
- Conducted all requirements gathering, project planning, testing, and management of functional and development staff.
- Development Platform Supported: Windows XP/2000/Advanced Terminal Server, Oracle 9X database, Oracle JD Edwards development and deployment tools.
- Provided application and systems expertise for a Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll and Human Resource Management system and interfaces for an external Time and Attendance system for a company that provided temporary employment services to medical personnel.
- Responsible for providing expertise for Configurable Network Computing (CNC) issues as well as Data Mapping and custom reports.
- Delivered process improvement and documentation for their live systems as well as being the daily support for the Payroll and Human Resource systems.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Manager of Application Development
- Managed all development efforts across multiple platforms for a large multi-national Confidential .
- Software packages include PeopleSoft Enterprise One Enterprise Reporting System (ERP) (formerly JD Edwards) for Finance, Distribution and Manufacturing Modules, Crystal Enterprise reporting for all enterprise applications, Aprimo Marketing Planning software, webMethods (used for real-time events), PkMS warehousing, Hyperion Essbase Datamart supporting sales and manufacturing and all application-to-application and Business-to-Business integrations.
- Responsible for hiring and managing both the full time and contract staff. Instituted a review system for full-time employees.
- Was part of the management team that defined the company IT strategy, including initiating the process to define how to purchase and integrate IT applications consistently.
- Responsible for developing and managing to the department budget, including hardware and software purchases and licensing/maintenance fees.
- Responsible for department development methodology and project management methodology. Responsible for Sarbaines-Oxley compliance as it related to application development.
Confidential, Batesville, IN
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to keeping the production and development environments functioning on a continual basis.
- Responsible for infrastructure (network, servers, etc…), hardware, application software, and Oracle database management and performance tuning. Responsible for system performance monitoring and system and application specific software upgrades. Instituted a formal methodology to monitor and control production code changes and did not experience a production failure due to programming issues in over three years.
- Managed relationship with IBM (service provider) and Corporate Shared Services to provide required technical support for infrastructure issues.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of the first company Web Portal, which connected customers to business information as well as serve as a Customer Self-Service Portal and provide Employee Self-Service.
- Application Management - At different times was responsible for the development and maintenance of PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne (formerly JD Edwards OneWorld Xe) General Ledger, Distribution, Payroll (Both JD Edwards and ADP), Kronos Time and Attendance reporting for 6 manufacturing and 83 distribution locations, Sales (order-to-Cash), Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Fixed Assets module.
- Managed application and interface development for our manufacturing implementation including project planning, interfaces to 3rd party applications for shop floor integration, item and shipment scanning technology as well as managing portions of the actual implementations in numerous locations.
- Responsible for development and implementation of custom programs integrating our storage system and shipping processes into a seamless OneWorld Inventory and Distribution transaction.
- My group also was tasked with the technical infrastructure upgrades required for our manufacturing operations.
- Also managed the teams that supported interfaces to Kronos time and attendance, FormScape, StreamWeaver, and Vertex support applications.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Daily Operations Manager
- Managed the software testing facility for in-house developed plant manufacturing software. Set up a physical and logical environment to emulate manufacturing operations and was able to lower the failure rate of production code from over 85% failures of deployed code to less than 10% failures in approximately 9 months.
- Managed all of the mainframe development and maintenance for Finance (general ledger, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable), Logistics (transportation scheduling and freight invoice payment), Human Resources, Manufacturing and Payroll systems.
- Member of the team that researched, gathered requirements and ultimately selected an ERP solution for the company that integrated with the company’s strategic IT direction.
- Team lead for the implementation of JD Edwards OneWord B7332 Distribution module. Managed integration of legacy systems into JD Edwards OneWorld. Additionally, provided an archiving solution to meet the needs of the business to accommodate document retrieval needs not supported by the application.
- Managed the Help Desk that supported 10,000 + employees. Formalized the problem reporting process and collected metrics on what issues were occurring numerous times and provided data to development staff to make corrections to legacy applications. Because of the metric collection process, able to identify a large number of the repetitive issues embedded in the in-house developed application that were fixed numerous times but never corrected.
- Managed the testing for the company Year 2000 Project. Managed more than 25 developers and contractors to ensure the computer code was error free for Y2K. As part of the project, moved the entire project off site. Also responsible for managing the project needed to procure, design, build-out, furnish, and properly equip the off-site facility.