- Hyperion Essbase Developer with around 7years of experience in Implementing Hyperion Essbase and Planning applications.
- Work with clients to integrate various Hyperion software products into an overall business solution that provides effective and efficient business reporting and financial analysis.
- Meet with clients to understand business processes and to gather system requirements with subsequent application design and implementation using best practice implementation techniques
- Strong knowledge on Hyperion 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 versions.
- Experience in multiplatform Unix and Linux environments, with hands - on expertise in networking, scripting, and systems integration.
- Proficient in a range of Hyperion products include PBCS & EPBCS Hyperion Essbase Database, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Smartview, EPMA, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE).
- Demonstrable track record of managing delivery of at least over two Hyperion Planning and Budgeting full project lifecycles (i.e. Define, Design, Develop, Deploy).
- Solid knowledge and delivery experience for Hyperion Public Sector Planning and budgeting and experience with Oracle cloud.
- Mentor team members and orchestrate the efforts of the project team to map outplanned tasks and ensure that work efforts are optimized
- Developed Batch Scripts and Rules files for dynamically uploading dimensions and data to Essbase Cubes.
- Develop Rule Files, Outlines, Calc Scripts, and Automation Scripts
- Validate and troubleshoot Hyperion integrations in ODI and FDMEE
- Extensive Hands-On experience in design, Development and tuning Essbase database. Also well versed in Essbase Architecture, building cubes, designing and developing Essbase Applications, Essbase Studio, Optimizations, Report Scripts writing, Partitions Calculation Scripts, Aggregate Storage Option (ASO), Block Storage Options (BSO), MDX Member calculations, ESSCMD, MAXL for Batch scripting and also familiar with Hyperion FDMEE 126.96.36.199 and knowledge of Jython Scripts Essbase APIs.
- Involved inanalyzing, designing, updating, testing and migrating Essbase Cubes in different environments including performance tuning and optimization of Essbase applications and also migration of Hyperion applications.
- Involved in planning application creation, metadata loading through ODI, Outlineload.cmd utility, web forms development, business rules association with forms and security.
- Familiar with Relational Databases, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Involved in DRM Installation, configuration, DRM process monitoring and work closely with Oracle support team to resolve DRM bugs.
- Hands on development in DRM (Data Relationship Management) for maintaining Master Data \ Reference data
- Experience in Upgrades/Migration of Hyperion applications for HFM, Planning, Essbase, DRM
- Hands on BA/QA experience and DW/ETL test experience.
- Ensure all business requirements are being met and/or exceeding expectations
- Translating business problems and opportunities into plans of action including scope and delivery strategy
- Functional knowledge of financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, planning and FR reporting processes that facilitate creation of powerful Hyperion solutions.
- Security using Shared Services to createUsers & giving Provisions and restricting permissions.
- Proficient in Designing and developing Essbase applications with excellent balance ofdense and sparse dimensions, developing various OLAP Models & Meta-Outlines across Block Storage (BSO) and Aggregate Storage (ASO).
- Part of the Training campaign for the end-users to provide knowledge on how to work with Web forms, smart views, business rules to analyze the data or entering the actual values
- Extensive experience in Essbase load rules, report scripts, integration tools and overall system architecture.
- Expertise knowledge in building partitions and resolving the calculation issues between the partitions.
- Troubleshoot issues with both client and server systems, i.e. Smart View clients, connectivity, HFR connections and performance, workspace issues, Web logic/web services issues, FDMEE performance, HFM applications services, and other general users support related to navigating the client tool.
- Dedicated, Confident individual with strong sense of responsibility, work flexibly and quickly adapt to changing environments professionally and personally.
- Highly experienced in resolving analytical issues, enormous under pressure work capabilities and a superb trouble shooter, good inter-person skills and a very friendly in nature.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies
OLAP and BI Tools: Hyperion Planning 11.x/9.x Hyperion Essbase 11.x/9.x/7.x, Essbase Administration Services (EAS), Analytic Integration Services (AIS /EIS), Workspace, Smart View, MS Excel Add-In Essbase query designer, Integration Services, Performance ManagementReporting Tools: Web Analysis, Smart View, Hyperion Financial Reporting (FR), Cognos
MS Office Tools: MS Office Suite 2013/2010/2003
Languages: MaxL, MDX, ESSCMD, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Shell Script.
Data Integration: Hyperion Financial Data Quality Manager, Data Relationship Manager, Oracle Data Integrator
Databases: Oracle 12/11i/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, MS Access.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000 /XP/2007/Server 2008/2012, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Maryland Heights, MO
Environment: Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52, Essbase and Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Financial Reports, Windows 2008
- Developed Load Rules, for data load in to Essbase OLAP server using Essbase Application Manager.
- Involved in creation of Calc scripts, Rules for Hyperion Essbase Database and Application.
- Involved in development of rules files - for performing operations on records, fields, data, dimension building.
- Developed accurate budgets and performed and analysis faster with hyperion public sector planning and budgeting.
- Worked with the latest version of Oracle Hyperion ( 184.108.40.206).
- Managing the definition, implementation and integration of quality
- Applied HFM to create Balance Sheets, Cash-Flow statement, financial and market forecasting through data retrieved from Essbase.
- Maintained of Hyperion System like Essbase, Planning or HFM from service perspective.
- Created Database backup for Hyperion OLAP Server.
- Performed tuning and debuggingas well as enhancements.
- Applied Hyperion Financial Reporting to design specific financial reports to serve management requirements.
- Worked on data extraction, cleansing and loading data into Smart Views.
- Develop building Dimensions, Attributes, Shared Member using Rule Files in an outline by means of several build methods such as Generation, Level and Parent-Child references
- Validated all the databases for data using standard Excel retrievals and Essbase reports.
- Acted as the technical lead for Hyperion Essbase related issues including providing technical support for users and supervisors.
- Optimization of BSO cubes: Custom setting type of compression,data cache, calculator cache settings, and allocation of dense/spare configuration relating tohourglass modelto have optimum database block size.
- Optimized several databases based on business needs and user interaction, to improve calc script run times and retrieval times. This includes optimizing outlines, dimension orders, member storage type, etc.
- Involved and interacted regularly with the finance, IT, business users and other application administrators.
Confidential, Virginia, VA
Environment: Hyperion Essbase and Planning 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168, Hyperion Financial Management 22.214.171.124, Hyperion Financial Reports, Windows 2008
Hyperion Developer/ Support
- Building and troubleshooting Financial and Smart View Reports
- Working with the Hyperion Suite of products including HFM, DRM, Planning, FDM/FDMEE
- Building DRM components on a DRM project
- Worked in conjunction with business professionals in Finance to provide administrative support of DRM
- Managing data and metadata load processes and assist the business with maintaining mappings within FDMEE
- Periodically updating FDMEE individual user roles
- Providing support for the Hyperion Financial Systems and users
- Conducting system requirement analysis, including documenting current and future state business processes, and analyzing their interaction and inter-dependencies to support process design.
- Setup PBCS environment for new instances, creating planning application and setup reporting cubes.
- Creating reports using Hyperion financial reporting, Financial reporting web (PBCS & EPBCS) and smart view.
- Integrated ODI mappings and translations with Oracle Data Relationship Management (DRM) web services to support meta-data management approach to maintaining account and entity hierarchies.
- Assisting in the design and creation of financial reports based on the Planning application(s).
- Responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with customers and users of assigned systems
- Worked on generating Cognos reports for reconciliation process, and tracking and managing cost and effort and report on variances.
- Working as a liaison between the business/finance and IT/developers sides of the business.
- Designing and developing Hyperion Planning application including the Planning model, data forms, business rules, process management, application security, MaxL scripts (if necessary).
- Ensure all business requirements are being met and/or exceeding expectations Initiate and drive post product Go-Live support and sustainment planning activities
- Onshore-Offshore co-ordination
- Proposing enhancements and new solutions. Performing optimization techniques in planning applications.
- Aiding VMware employees and customers to resolve application issues, code bugs and user errors in Hyperion Track
- Providing product post go-live war room support
- Defining and reinforcing standard methods and processes that eliminate errors and avoid re-work.
- Task allocation and reporting
- Ensure progress, issues and agreements are properly documented and acted upon
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate and improve existing systems.
Environment: Hyperion Planning 126.96.36.199, Hyperion Essbase 188.8.131.52, EPMAEssbase Administration Services(EAS),Shared Services, Oracle Database 10g, Windows Server2008,Windows XP, MS Excel 2010, 2007
Hyperion Essbase & Planning Consultant
- Involved in user requirements, Identifying Dimensions and identifying data sources.
- Worked with Aggregate Storage Outline (ASO) and Block Storage Outline (BSO) to store different types of multidimensional data.
- Optimizing Aggregate Storage Option and Block Storage Option outline
- Giving source specification required for flat file format.
- Writing Rule file for Dimension building & Data Loading.
- Created reports using Hyperion Financial Reports & Hyperion Web Analysis Studio.
- Creating reports using Hyperion Smart view.
- Designed and developed web forms as per the business requirements using Hyperion Planning.
- Develop complex financial reports
- Designing and developing Hyperion Planning application including the Planning model, data forms, business rules, task lists, process management, custom menus, application security, MaxL scripts (if necessary), etc.
- Extracted data manually from different sources to combine different sources into one business report.
- Performed performance tuning and database optimization by using appropriate dense/sparse configuration, outline structure strategies such as dynamic calculations, attribute dimensions, partitioning etc. and optimization of calc scripts and tuning of calc cache.
- Handled performance tuning, weekly back-ups and monthly consolidations of data and automated monthly/quarterly/annual report generation.
- Developed weekly, monthly forecast, budget and quarterly year to date (YTD) reports..
- Developed web forms using Hyperion Planning for the users to input data..
- Designed Task lists for the Planning applications.
- Created Hyperion Security by creating Users, Groups and Filters for Analytic Services and Hyperion Reports.
Environment: Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management v9.3.1 (FDM/FDQM), Oracle 10g, Oracle GL, VBScript, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) v9.
- Worked closely with the consulting team during installation, configuration, server settings, and client installations of Hyperion products such as Essbase, Planning and Hyperion Financial Reports
- Reviewed database business and functional requirements, reviewed mapping transformations
- Worked with Program Managers, Requirement Analysts, Mappers, Developers, and other testers to resolve issues with requirements/mapping transformations
- Created Test Plans and test scripts, executed test scripts, and wrote Test Report
- Involved in development, maintenance and support of Essbase and Planning cubes
- Designed and assigned security using Shared Services for Hyperion components
- Managed object and data security in Planning
- Involved in migrating the application from development to production environment
- Developed Rules File for loading the data into ESSBASE Cube
- Used HAL (Hyperion Application Link) to load metadata into planning application
- Developed/enhanced Calc Scripts and Business Rules for aggregating the data based on the business requirements
- Involved in optimization and tuning of Essbase and planning application to bring down the calculation time
- Developed and Maintained Hyperion Planning/Essbase applications
- Deployed various change requests to various SDLC levels
- Developed business rules to support business process
- Developed extract scripts to move the data between planning and Essbase
- Developed Hyperion Financial Reports
- End user support for US, UK and EMEA regions.
- Process improvements in Actual Allocation currency GAAP analysis
- Provided end user support in completing budget process on a timely manner