- Over 10+ years of experience in Designing, Administration, Analysis and Management in BusinessIntelligence, Data warehousing.
- 3+ years of extensive Tableau Experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Serverin various versions of Tableau 10x/9x/8x/7x.
- Experience gathering customer requirements, writing test cases and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Experienced with Performance Tuning and Optimization of the Rendering Time on the Visualizations and Dashboards
- In depth understanding of the as - Is and To-Be business processes and experience in converting these requirements into Technical Specifications for preparing Test Plans.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop/Server Installation and Configuration, creating users, groups, projects, providing access levels.
- Employed various Tableau functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Data Blending and Maps etc.,
- Hands-on experience in creating solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstab's, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Experience in creating Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Expertise in analysis, design and implementation of data warehousing/ BI solutions using Tableau, Teradata, Oracle, Informatica, MicroStrategy, Unix technologies.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and Processing, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Proficient Star Schema dimensional modeling, which include understanding business processes, modeling dimensions, hierarchies and facts.
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis and Created Charts and PivotTables in Excel.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement measures including aggregate tables, Indexes and explain plan.
- Strong knowledge of database management in writing complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills with ability to work independently and in team environments, simultaneously on multiple projects with competing priorities.
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop 10x, 9x, 8x, 7x, Tableau Server
ETL tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),Informatics, Power Center 7/8
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012, DB/400MS Access, Oracle 11g/10g, Excel Flat files, Sybase, DB2.
SDLC tools: Perforce, Team foundation Server (TFS), HP Quality center
Applications: Microsoft Office, MSVisio, Visible Analyst
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows 98/2000/XP/VISTA/7 UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac
Web Scripting Languages: HTML, DHTML, VB Script
Web Tools: MS-Front Page
Confidential, Durham NC
- Created worksheets reports and converted into interactive dashboards by using Tableau Desktop and provided to Business Users, Project Managers and End Users.
- Experienced in designing and developing multiple analytical reports from multiple data sources by data blending on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Involved in Interacting with business users and performed Gap Analysis according to Client requirements.
- Reviewed business requirements and analyzed data from various sources like Excel/ SQL Server for design, development, testing and analyze the projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Created various interactive reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Expertise in Creating Heat Maps showing registers service subscribers by using parameters, colors that were broken into regions allowing business users to make better decisions and improve data performance.
- Used advance features of Tableau like to link data from various sources merged on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created different Calculation fields according to requirement, various conditions and applied multiple Filters for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- To estimate profit generation by creating calculated fields and calculation across the table on the data from Micro SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries to extract data from databases and connecting live/dynamic and static datasets to tableau desktop.
- Experienced on creating, executing test Cases and documenting the Test Results.
- Involved in scheduling data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly basis on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the updated data accurately.
Environment: Tableau 10x/9x (Desktop/ Server), Oracle11g, Informatics, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2012, Teradata, MS Visio.
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA
- Involved in the user requirement gathering and Design meetings. Translate business needs into reporting and analytic requirements.
- Hands-on experience in analysing the data and writing Custom SQL queries for better performance, joining the tables and selecting the required data to run the reports.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau Server.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using data blending.
- Produced Crosstabs to display underlying data based on various graphs and charts created for further data analysis.
- Responsible for creating dashboards using bars, stacked bars, pie charts, scattered plots, line charts, Gantt charts, and maps.
- Preparing dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Developed actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyse data in different perspectives.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Alteryx to combine the data from different sources like SAP Lynx, Vision etc. into a single report.
- Used advanced Excel functions to generate spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Created and maintained issue log where business users enter their feedback by working on dashboard in test environment.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9x, Tableau Server, SQL Assistant, SAP Lynx, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Terada, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Alteryx Designer, MS Access
- Worked in BI team to fulfill the needs of regulatory/management/finance/loss mitigation/fraud reporting and 10Q.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Build a common utility frame work to handle all the exceptions in a Business process.
- Using Excel and VBA in the development of robust and flexible reporting systems.
- Retrieved data from data warehouse and generated a series of meaningful business reports using SSRS.
- Validated and tested reports, then published the reports to the report server.
- Performed and conducted complex custom analytics as needed by clients.
- Designed and developed specific databases for collection, tracking and reporting of data.
- Designed, coded, tested and debugged custom queries using Microsoft T-SQL and SQL Reporting Services.
- Designed and implemented proof of concept solutions and created advanced BI visualizations using Tableau platform.
- Built data input and designed data collection screens - Managed database design and maintenance, administration and security for the company.
- Discussed intelligence and information requirements with internal and external personnel.
- Data output - Made data chart presentations, coded variables from original data, conducted statistical analysis as and when required and provided summaries of analysis.
Environment: TableauDesktop/Server 7.0, Oracle 10g, SQL, TOAD, Windows 2003, SSRS.
- Plan, design, and implement application database code objects, such as stored procedures and views.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Created ad-hoc reports for the upper level management using Stored Procedures and MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) following the business requirements.
- Created reports by dragging data from cube and wrote mdx scripts.
- Created reports by extracting data from cube.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Provide database coding to support business applications using Sybase T-SQL.
- Perform quality assurance and testing of SQL server environment.
- Expertise in ASP.NET and developed the features Views, Partial Views, Strongly Typed Views, Sections, Areas and implemented Controllers and Controller Actions, Filters, Routing.
- Develop new processes to facilitate import and normalization, including data file for counterparties.
- Work with business stakeholders, application developers, and production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Ensure best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security, documentation, and change management.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, Enterprise manager, VBS, ASP.NET.