- Versatile IT professional possessing more than 18 years of experience in systems requirements design and analysis, business process assessment, application security, and client support.
- Analytical thinker skilled in providing in depth solutions to meet unique client requirements.
- A respected team leader able to motivate a team of culturally diverse professionals to achieve peak performance in driving project success.
- Fully versed in the software development life cycle employing either a Waterfall or Agile methodology.
- Effective communicator able to deliver compelling presentations to engage stakeholders and garner support.
- Able to forge long term and collaborative relationships with colleagues, clients, and business partners.
- Subject matter expert possessing knowledge across IT infrastructure, software, operations, and security.
Operating Systems: Windows XP Professional/2000/NT/98 Windows 2000 and 2003 Active Directory servers, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 and 2000, Novell 3.20 VMWare Workstation 5.5.1, Linux Redhat Enterprise 4
Application Servers & Web Servers: Oracle 9ias Oracle 10g database, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)Oracle Apache Web Server, Web Logic, Citrix, Oracle Collaboration Suite
Directory Servers: Microsoft Active Directory Server 2003/2000. Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2000Novell 4.0/3.2
Technologies: Servlets, Applets, J2EE, JMS, Networking, ODBC, JND, RMI, Micro - focus, Lincoln PDF
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java Script and XML
Query Tools: Toad/SQL Plus/SQL Developer
Monitoring Tool: Oracle Enterprise Manager
Databases: Oracle 11g/ 10.2/126.96.36.199/8.1.7/7.0 , Microsoft SQL Server 2003/2000 and MS Access 2000
Programming Tool: Pervasive software/ Data Junction ETL
SCM Tools: Net Suite, PVCS Tracker, Version Manager- Version 5.5 through 6.7, JIRA, Balsamiq
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, SSL, SOAP, and HTTP
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Technical Business Analyst
- Headed a new pilot program for a mobile application platform, designed to increase user productivity and automate time consuming tasks along with ease of use.
- Hosted multiple user interviews to gather/analyze requirements resulting in more clear and comprehensive user stories.
- Inspired teamwork by participating in meetings where business users were encouraged to collaborat, and share ideas that allowed for further enhancement of the product.
- Collaborated with management and offshore team in order to set realistic expectation on deliverables.
- Uncovered data integrity issues, worked with the development team in order to resolve and identify root cause.
- Provided extensive support for all end users and stakeholder through training and documentation.
- Active participant in all sprint related calls.
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
Senior Technical Business Analyst
- Wrote requirements for a highly visible Customer Portal Project where the goal is to create an interface that is centrally accessible.
- Documented an Confidential client workflow to incorporate the AVAMAR backup
- Documented and tested Confidential Client SLA agreements with the goal of automating the SLA process and improving optimization and efficiency.
- Wrote use cases and PRDs for various client projects.
- Wrote test plans and cases for one client project.
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
Systems Business Analyst/ PM
- Administered the mission critical 24/7 Commercial Underwriting System generating more than $700 million in annual revenue.
- Led project team comprising both onshore and offshore professionals in the configuration and design from single tier to multitier environments for Oracle applications, the web, and database servers.
- Performed as liaison across multiple IT organizations engaging diverse stakeholders including corporate VPs, network architects, and firewall security administrators.
- Facilitated training for the support team on application security and support.
- Oversaw the release management process ensuring adherence to all business requirements.
- Managed the approval process for change control and change management.
- Employed NetSuite to track service and business requests, and known bugs.
- Point of contact for SOX audit complaints providing application reports and documentation as required.
- Evaluated corporate wide changes from impacting such areas as storage area network (SAN), domain migrations, and various security patches providing authorization to proceed or rejecting the initiative.
- Created documentation and provided input for annual business continuity planning.
- On behalf of the Lexington Commercial Underwriting Application setup and configured the producer tables, installment plans, and security policies.
- Responsible for all of Lexington’s coverall environment upgrades.
Senior Systems Analyst/Application Support
- Key participant in classifying data elements through collaboration with data architects while ensuring private information was secured.
- To create new URLs and port openings designed topology diagrams for ECC submittals to the Firewall Team.
- Contributed feedback on disaster recovery testing provided invaluable insight for data center consideration.
- Performed the configuration for multiple UAT and TEST database servers.
- Employed subject matter expertise to create scope of work and business requirements documentation.
- Oversaw the resolution of all technical problems and database issues including database security, data validity and migration of production data across DMZ.
- Functioned effectively as Database Administrator performing monitoring, implementing solutions, and executing required maintenance.
- Utilized SQL Developer and Crystal Reports to generate reporting for business planning and SOX Audits.
- Point of contact for IBM aiding in the resolution of SAN issues across various networks and platforms.
- Interacted with multiple software release team to coordinate tasks and ensure environment upgrade completed in allotted time.
Confidential, Fairlawn, NJ
Applications System Support Analyst
- Technical Lead supporting all US based clients for this insurance software provider of underwriting policy rating platforms.
- Managed all production issues for clients including overseeing their production environments.
- Traveled to client sites for implementation of the new version of My Insurance Center (MIC).
- Updated the R&I classic product for web integration with the MIC portal.
- Integrated proprietary software for development, quality assurance, and production environments.
- Employed Data Junction and ETL tool to build client interfaces.
- Participated in developing the security setup and configuration of the NetSuite interface with PVCS Tracker.
- Supervised all in house software upgrades tailored for global clients.
- Executed the transformation and transmission of XML documents in the form of JMS messages from the insurance policy database to the rating and issuance system.