- Over 7 years of experience in Business intelligence reporting, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation implementation of Cognos applications and maintenance of data warehouses, data bases, data marts and providing solutions Cognos BI solutions across multiple industries.
- Experience working with Cognos 10.x/8.x Business Intelligence Reporting Suite (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Transformer, Dynamic Cubes, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Tableau, Excel, TM1).
- Installed, configured and worked on Cognos BI suite, including Business Insight & Advanced, Report Studio, Workspace Advanced, Framework manager, Transformer and Cube Designer.
- Involved in COGNOS administration and security implementation among COGNOS Applications. Performed administrative roles in COGNOS Connection and set security permissions, configured and maintained users, groups and roles using COGNOS Administration.
- Technical expertise in Data Warehousing (Relational, Dimensional Relational (DMR), &OLAP Cubes) modeling and development, schemas (Star & Snowflake), logical data marts & table structures (fact & dimension) using Modeling tools such as Cognos Transformer, Cube Designer and Framework Manager.
- Experience in Creation of Models, Project and Publishing Packages using Framework Manager and created IQD’s in Framework Manager to use in Cognos Transformer using externalized method.
- Complex Report building experience in Report studio by using filters customized prompts, conditional formatting, drill - through, Cross tab, bursting, Master/details queries, and HTML Scripting.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP system study, analysis, E-R modeling and developing database schemas like Star schema and snowflake schema. Experience in Designing Transformer models and developing for corporate data for building Multidimensional Cubes (MOLAP/OLAP/ROLAP).
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL Skills in Validating the Data/Reports and writing Stored Procedures. Extensive experience using various data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, MS Access and XML and also Query Optimization and Performance Tuning of reports.
- Experienced in working with RAVE Visualizations in Cognos Workspace Advanced and Report Studio for building interactive reports for the end users.
- Having experience in the various models like waterfall, agile models.
- Strong design and programming technical skills, ability to learn new emerging technologies and adapt quickly and excellent analytical, co-ordination, interpersonal, leadership, organizational skills.
- Designed and developed Tableau visualizations which include preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Involved in generating proper data in excel for Tableau Dashboard.
- Implemented the Enterprise level Cognos security and Server Administration using Cognos 10.x/8.x and administration of security using Access Manager, LDAP (ADLDS) and Custom Authentication Provider.
BI Tools: Cognos 10.2.X, Cognos10.1.1, Cognos Express, 8 Business Intelligence (8.1 to 8.4) (Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metrics Studio, Framework Manager), ReportNet 1.1 MR3/1.1, PowerPlay Transformer 7.x/6.0, PowerPlay Enterprise Server, Cognos TM1 9.4.x, Cognos TM1 10.1.x, SQL Developer, Microsoft Visio, Tableau Desktop 8/9, Tableau Server 7/8/9, Tableau Online, Tableau Public, Tableau Reader, Dynamic Cube, Workspace, Workspace Advanced
Modeling Tools: Transformer, Framework Manger 1.1/8.x, Cognos Cube Designer, TOAD
Web Servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache 6.0/7.0, Apache 2.0
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, HTML, XML, MDX, Java script
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 server, XP, UNIX
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8.x,Netezza, MS Access/Excel, DB2, Teradata, and SQL Server (2008 R2, 2012)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Cognos BI Developer/Admin
- Work with Business Units to define Business strategy and create a centralized reporting capability for users to perform analytical and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
- Involved in Designing models with Relational Data using Framework Manager and published packages to the Cognos Reporting Servers.
- Designed, developed, administered and deployed Cognos Cubes based on requirement.
- Implemented data level, object level and package level security in framework manager to achieve highly complex security standards.
- Created Database Layer, Intermediate layer and Presentation Layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects and Fact Table in Framework Manager.
- Developed List, cross tab, drill through, master-detail, chart and complex reports which involved Multiple Prompts in Report Studio.
- Developed Reports using Conditional Formatting, Cascading Prompts, optional prompts and Report Bursting.
- Developed Dash board reports to display all the information related to environment using Summary reports. Created Master Detail reports, drill through and custom prompting reports, and Scheduled reports for efficient resource utilization.
- Worked on Analysis Studio to develop multi dimensional reporting.
- Trained the end users to effectively use the reporting tool to build and customize their ad-hoc reports
- Coordinated with functional users for User Acceptance Testing prior to releasing system changes in production
- Deploying models and reports from Development to Production and administering users/groups/roles.
- Designed Dynamic Cubes - in memory tool using Cube Designer tool and deployed in the Cognos 10 environment to increase the performance which is using large data sets.
- Worked with the RAVE Visualizations in Cognos Workspace Advanced and Report Studio for building interactive reports for the end users.
- Created POC for Active Reports (using data tabs, data decks etc.) and Dynamic Cubes in Cognos 10.2.
- Updated Active Reports using Scheduled jobs.
- Created the dashboard report using workspace and workspace Advanced.
- Maintained Development/QA/Production Environments, including new installations, upgrades and fix packs
- Build, publish customized interactive reports and dashboards, and report scheduling using Tableau Server.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both Tableau and excel.
- Developed parameter and dimension based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Worked on TM1 rules editor to create various calculations, What if analysis for TM1 planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experienced working with large sets of data, Multi dimensional data sets in a Data warehouse/Data Store supporting Data Mart.
- Design, develop, and implement Cognos TM1 9.5.2 Applications for Financial Planning and Budgeting models
- Maintenance of TM1 users, roles, and security.
- Used TM1 rules editor to create and edit rule to create various calculations.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD) for Completeness, Gather and analyze financial planning, budgeting and reporting requirements.
Environment: s: Cognos 10.2 Suite (Cognos Connection, Framework Manger, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio, Metric Designer, Metric Studio Event Studio), Power Play Transformer, LDAP, Tableau 9.1/8.x, Cognos TM1 9.5.2, Cognos Cube Designer, Oracle 11g, Netezza, Windows 2003 Server, Excel, Unix Shell scripting, UNIX, Tomcat/Apache.
Confidential, Hooksett, NH
Cognos Admin/ Developer
- Extensively worked on developing simple and complex reports on Cognos Report Studio 10.1.1 using session parameter, Macros, parameter maps, user defined SQL, Java scripts, mdx functions, and stored procedure
- Developing the reports using various templates like list report, Cross-tab Report and Chart Report.
- Created cascading prompts and worked with various prompt controls such as Value prompt, Pick list prompt, and Date and Time prompt.
- Created reports using conditional formatting and sorting options.
- Created Boolean, String and Report language variables to render the reports to the particular query.
- Worked on Stored Procedures in SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 (DEV, TEST and PROD).
- Analyzed business and user needs to design Business Intelligence solutions that supported business and operations.
- Interacted with ETL team and the DBA to make available certain tables and data modifications required to successfully execute report requirements.
- Involved in Metadata modeling of both Relational and Dimensional data using Framework manager.
- Experience in implementing security based on user roles in Framework Manager and publishing reports.
- Generated SQL/MDX and analyzed Native SQL to trouble shoot the report issues.
- Developed Windows Batch scripts for reports and cubes scheduling
- Created Conditional Block reports to dynamically hide or show report objects and provide the end user the option to view the data in different formats.
- Extensively used insert able objects like query calculation, layout calculation and tables to generate efficient and user-friendly reports.
- Created Drillable reports to provide users with more detailed information for the next levels.
- Scheduled Burst Reports for regions, zones and districts which delivered the appropriate output for the concerned mangers in Cognos Connections by email.
- Involved in performance tuning of several Reports.
- Trained the end users to effectively use the reporting tool to build and customize their ad-hoc reports.
- Knowledge in creating Reports and Dashboards using Active Reports and Business Insight.
- Interacting with different application team members and fixing the issues related to the framework models.
- Responsible for upgrading reports from Cognos 10.0 to Cognos10.1.1in Dev, UAT, QA and Production environments.
- Involved in testing and quality assurance of all the reports before delivering them to the end users.
- Assisted to build dashboards using Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advanced and Cube Designer.
- Prepared back up plan and Fact Finder documents Disaster recovery plan forCognosBI environments.
- Worked in the agile methodology-using Scrum, which has its primary focus on the management part of the software development in small iterations of four weeks sprint.
- Interacting with business stakeholders to understand their decision making parameters, analyzing the available data to build Tableau Dashboards and managing the delivery.
- Develop and maintain custom audit reports forCognos usage, servers & portals monitoring plan for Cognos environments.
Environment: Cognos 10.1 and 10.1.1 BI versions, Report Studio10.1.1, Query Studio 10.1.1, Framework manager 10.1.1, Workspace, Workspace Advance, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 database, XML, Excel and Windows 2008, 2012.
Confidential, Northampton, MA
- Analyzed the user needs and gathered the requirements for reporting purposes.
- Imported metadata by creating database connections for different data sources like Oracle and MS SQL in Framework Manager
- Involved in designing models using Framework Manager and published them.
- Used Transformer to create cube groups based on sales territories for different regional managers.
- Used various techniques to improve report performance.
- Created various business mix and trend over time reports using Report Studio.
- Created claims summary reports with multiple measures for different years.
- Experience in both Cognos 8.4 and Impromptu to create model according to the user requirement
- Involved in catalog, cube maintenance and created reports accordingly.
- Experience in OLTP/OLAP system study, analysis, E-R modeling and developing database.
- Generated financial reports related to revenue generated vs. cost comparison for each product line and sales region.
- Used detail, summary and context filters and row suppression to focus on the more relevant part of a report.
- Designed a high level graphical view of company’s performance indicators in a dashboard report using a crosstab, column chart and a gauge chart.
- Created a Bonus Report that shows the employees that received bonus in an year by region using list reports, page sets, multiple prompts, filters, grouping, conditional highlighting and conditional rendering
- Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection.
- Worked on Report Studio to create calculated columns to measure the Gross Profit and Net Profit in terms of Revenue.
- Used Render variables and data items to hide confidential information in the reports.
- Provided drill-thru report functionality with drill thru to a different report in Report Studio.
- Used Analysis studio for slicing and dicing of the cubes
- Managed scheduling of reports, maintenance of public and individual folders, users, groups and roles using Administrative tools in COGNOS 8
- Provided training and support to internal clients and end-users on Query studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio and the COGNOS portal.
- Basic experience of ETL tools like Informatica
Environment: COGNOS 8.4 (Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Framework Manager), COGNOS Connection, Transformer, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g/11g, Windows 2007, Excel
Confidential, Madison, WI
Cognos BI Developer/Report Author
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements, clarify business rules and data design requirements, functional requirements and prepare specification documents.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing existing system structures to provide solutions to enhance and improve system.
- Assist in conducting in-depth review of requirement specifications collected and analyzing business process to determine the exact nature of user’s system requirements.
- Designing mapping of process flow and interacting with analysts and core team members to select the proper system infrastructure.
- Design and review the processing steps and create processes for new system.
- Create processes for new system and attend to ad-hoc issues related to day to day activities throughout project implementation and testing phases.
- Installation and configuration of BI suite in all (Dev, Test and Production) environments.
- Coordinating with other teams to improve the quality of work.
- Extracting OM (Order Management) application data from an Oracle transactional system and Loading it into a SQL Server data warehouse.
- Developed complex reports including multipage-reports, graphical reports, formulae base and well-formatted reports according to user requirements.
- Created Aliases and Contexts for resolving Loops and Checked the Cardinality and Integrity of the Project / Framework Model.
- Restricting the user access with help of Access Level privileges.
- Creation of repositories and security domain with user groups and security implementation.
- As per the Business requirement creating the reports to cater to Order, Orders History, Pending Orders at Tasks, Processes and Tasks subject areas of the application.
Environment: COGNOS REPORT NET Framework Manager, Report Studio, COGNOS Connection, COGNOS Configuration 7.1, Cognos 8.4 Suite, Oracle 10g, SAPBW, SQL, PLSQL, AQT, PowerPlay Transformer 7.1/7.3, Quest Central, PowerPlay Enterprise Server Administration, Windows 2000, 2003, Unix.