- Over 8+ years of experience in Software Design, Database Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and related Database Platforms.
- Extensive experience inTableau Desktop, Server and Mobile with various versions of Tableau 7, Tableau 8.x, and Tableau 9.x.
- Involved inRequirements gathering/analysis,Design, Development, TestingandProduction rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects.
- Highly Proficient in Agile Scrum, RAD and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Expertise in supporting clients with requirements gathering, data base design, architecture of Tableau, system requirements and user manual documentation.
- Expertise in gathering and writing detailed business requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Organized numerous Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP) and various stake holders to present sprint demos.
- Involved inTroubleshooting, Performance tuning of reportsand resolving issues withinTableau ServerandReports.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, sub - queries, and joins for generating Stored Procedures, User-defined Functions, Views, and Cursors.
- Proficient in designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Erwin Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints (Primary key, Foreign Key, Unique, Default), Indexes.
- Highly proficient in working with Java Script API and large Databases in DB2, Oracle, MongoDB, Teradata, Oracle11g, and SQL Server.
- Integration of tableau environment with web applications such as .net
- Extensive experience in monitoring database servers for deadlocks, long running queries, and performance tuning.
- Experience on working with senior management to identify strategic goals, objectives, scope, budgets, and process for internal and external development and managing risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau( Desktop/Server/Mobile), SSRS, QlikView (Desktop/Server)
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS-Access, DB2, Teradata, Oracle.
Database tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant
Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visible Analyst, Adobe Photoshop7
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, MS Visio
Document Management: Rally, Share point
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 98/2000/XP/VISTA/7, Linux
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Liaison for project managers, directors, and stakeholders.
- Requirements gathering and analysis including data analysis, gap analysis (AS-IS to TO-BE), and documentation for end users.
- Conduct gap analysis for re-engineering and upgrading current system as necessary.
- Develop, derive and clarify functional specifications and Use cases.
- Analysis of Business requirements and site specifications to create Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Design Document (Functional and Technical).
- Eliciting and translating business and/or technical needs to relevant documentation for assigned initiatives/projects.
- Design conceptual and business process models.
- Work on full range ofTableauplatform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Design and develop Scripts to load data into tableau and work with multiple data connections including MySQL, Oracle, Teradata, Flat files, etc.
- Create Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Develop Rich Graphic visualizations/dashboards to enable a fast read on sales and key business drivers and to direct attention to key areas.
- Create workbooks and Dashboards using calculated metrics and sets for different visualization requirements
- Design dashboards with multiple actions and drill down functions to make them available for business users, with ability to filter and dig in detail into KPIs, and thereby analyzing data for marketing and promotions.
- Work with large volumes of datasets and loading delimited files into tableau Server Sources.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks, and appropriate permission sets forTableauserver logons and security checks.
- Work with string functions, date calculations, and swapping dimensions with parameters.
- Deployment of defect free code while managing project timelines.
Environment: Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, Teradata, MY SQL, Oracle 11g, SQL, SSIS, Visual Studio 2012, UNIX.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Advanced analytics using data blending, context filters, date filters, sorts and analytics.
- Connected Tableau server with share-point portal and setup auto refresh feature.
- Created visualization for logistics calculation and department spend analysis.
- Generate KPI for customer satisfaction survey results and disease management.
- Maintained Test log and Wrote test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Generated the test plan specifying an overview of testing approach, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Created Test Scripts, Test hierarchy to represent the features and functionality that need to be test in the application.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
- Participated in the User Acceptance Warranty Testing. Involved in doing security and negative testing of the application.
Environment: Windows 7 and Linux, Tableau Desktop 8.x, Tableau server 8.x, MS-Excel, SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft office, Asp.Net 4.0, C#, Visual Studio 2010.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Identifying and gathering user requirements and business requirements from different groups, end users for developing reports
- Designed and developed Tableau Dashboards for critical Projects, i.e. CEO Scorecard & OBIEE to Tableau Reports Conversion.
- Performing yearly analysis and business risks using different line charts.
- Analyzing the future trends and provide business ideas to manage wealth, investments.
- Designed Adhoc reports across various verticals as per the Business Users requirements. Eg: Bookings, Sales, Quoting, Cases, Opportunities.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
- Have extensively used Tableau functions like Data Blending, Custom SQL, Interactivity, and Chart types, Navigation, Images and Parameters in this process.
- Have used Custom SQL, Aggregate and Analytical functions to extract the required Contracts/Opportunities data for reports and dashboard development.
- Generated tableau dashboards for sales with forecast and reference lines.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing Data Blending, multi-level hierarchy, Table Calculations, Parameters, Graphs and Actions.
- Integration of tableau reports with web application and viewing reports online
- Created a POC project to decide Tableau or QlikView for given requirement. Good working knowledge on QlikView 10 Desktop.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 7, Tableau Server 7, QlikView 10, Oracle 10g, MS Office Suite
SQL Developer/Software Engineer
- Participated in installations and upgrades of SQL 2008, SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Involved in Database design, creation, and maintenance of databases.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory & connections by monitoring.
- Created tables and views, functions, stored procedures, triggers, and constraints using T-SQL.
- Extensively worked on monitoring & performance tuning of SQL scripts. Upgraded and maintained scripts for production databases.
- Wrote maintenance plans and code optimization. Worked on database designing, logical and physical data modeling, large scale data migration using SQL Scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Monitored MS SQL Server performance and network issues.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of SQL servers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows XP Server, MS Access.