- Having worked extensively with enterprise Business Intelligence tools for over twenty years, and with MSSQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) since their respective inceptions, he has implemented enterprise Analysis and Reporting Systems within a wide variety of environments and industries. with implementations ranging in scope between single product installations and reporting engagements to more recent implementations of the integrated Microsoft Business Intelligence solution, he has also provided services to many smaller businesses, including hands - on report writing of a diverse nature, with a consistently high degree of success.
- I also perform regular augmentation engagements for mid-to-large regional, national and international consulting firms.
- He has extensive background in Finance, Accounting, and general business supports a practical and efficient approach to the determination of client business requirements, and the development of the functional specifications needed to construct custom-fit analysis and reporting solutions that scale and adapt to accommodate growth, reorganization and globalization of the enterprise.
- Within the realms of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Financial and Operational systems, he develops strong project team chemistry and brings projects to highly effective conclusions.
Business Intelligence Architect
- Designed and implemented multiple enterprise SSAS Tabular 2016 models to support rapid deployment of scores of backlogged dashboards and underlying reports, via Power BI solutions, for Customer Experience client organizations
- Designed, implemented and supported independent, “from scratch” Development, UAT, and Production SSAS Tabular environments for the organization throughout my tenure
- Developed, tested, and took into production end-to-end hybrid Power BI solutions that sat atop an on-premise SSAS Tabular environment, while also drawing upon a data mart I designed, containing several diverse enterprise data sources, including SQL Server, Oracle, ClickFox, Hadoop, file sources and others
- Provided technical support for an initial Power BI proof of concept for an IT and Customer Experience Division joint project as the initial step for the development and rapid deployment / maintenance of many Power BI Reports / Dashboards for Customer Experience management
- Employed Power BI to rapidly prototype / pilot each BI solution, and to enhance business requirements gathering and satisfaction within iterative cycles, before recreating successful Power BI models in SSAS Tabular for support of enterprise hybrid Power BI solutions
- Performed substantial work within Power BI Power Query to:
- Align data element naming and calculations between multiple disparate data sources in many Power BI models
- Troubleshoot the end-to-end BI solution and optimize performance
- Provide support for more advance Power BI model capabilities (advanced calculations, beyond-textbook approaches to meeting advanced business requirements, etc.)
- Pilot ETL processes that were then replicated in the corresponding SSIS routines of the ultimate solutions
- Demonstrated the ability to identify budgets and timelines for various SSAS Tabular / Power BI business solutions, as well as to support the decision-making processes involved in the implementation of multiple, simultaneous solutions
Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular), Microsoft Power BI, Hadoop, Excel PowerPivot, SQL Server 2016, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Excel PivotTable and PowerPivot; Subscription services, extract files, and other external data sources, Oracle, Hadoop, ClickFox, and various proprietary operational data sources
Supporting Subject Matter Expert
- Provide technical enablement to clients developing BI solutions with Power BI
- Setup development environments and replicate client problems.
- Communicate in a clear and understandable manner with clients, using the appropriate level of technical language, via phone, e-mail and instant message
- Own solutions through to resolution
- Appropriately communicate the business value of cloud computing and facilitate the successful assessment of the platform
- Work with clients around existing support programs to build roadmap and facilitate development of applications on a cloud platform
- Ability to identify budget, timeline, decision making processes, and create buying vision with customer
Tools: Microsoft Power BI, Excel PowerPivot, MSSQL Server 2014, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Excel PivotTable and PowerPivot; Microsoft CRM; Subscription services, export files, and other external data sources, SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014, Oracle, and various proprietary operational data sources