- Data scientist with a strong quantitative research background and experience in big data, analytics, and applied economics | statistics.
- Passionate about helping non - technical business audiences navigate the world of data science. Interested in engaging all project stakeholders on the journey to making sense of complex problems.
- FIGURE 1 - CUMULATIVE PROFICIENCY
- (Experience Yrs, Training Hrs )
- Client Relationship Management
- Statistical | Data Literacy
- Data Story-telling | Executive Reporting
- Business Acumen | Domain Knowledge
- Strategic Management + Goal-Setting
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Sustained Innovation
- Calculated Risk-Taking
- Solutions Focus
- Life-long Learning
- Oracle Fusion HCM | Avanti | Peoplesoft
- SQL | R | Python
- MS Excel | MS Access | MS Sharepoint
- Adobe CSx | Tableau
- MS Dynamics AX | JD Edwards (eOne)
- SPSS | Stata | SAS
Sr. Business Analyst | Data Scientist
- Managed all front-facing client and contractor transactions for several multi-million-dollar projects, including negotiations, strategic communications, and management of operation-critical deliverables;
- Proposed, devised and implemented full-cycle operations research project on project profitability for a major construction management and general contracting firm, including high-level econometric and financial analysis within an ETL framework involving multiple, conflicting data sources;
- Consulted with clients and key contractors to convert undefined or complex scopes of work into precise and manageable deliverables, including resourcing plans and timelines; as subcontractor, acted as on-site project lead or client liaison for general contractors managing the defined SOW;
- Manage full-cycle analytics, internal and external demographic, and market research projects for clients in the post-secondary education, human services, construction, and oil-and-gas sectors making use of both social science research methodologies and cutting edge findings from complexity science;
- Maintained a hub-and-spoke information network with client-side super users to facilitate rapid information and records management requirements; managed multiple, parallel systems integrations throughout the deployment of COTS and custom build implementations;
- Consulted as a Subject Matter Expert for implementation and customization of compensation and benefits analysis and administration systems for multiple clients in the heavy equipment, construction, medical and non-governmental sectors;
- Proposed, planned and implemented full-scale automation of transactional human resources functions; developed the data architecture and full-scale custom HR, Payroll, and compensation analytics programs at nine client organizations;
- Conducted facilitated sessions and mentoring for the rapid re-skilling of client-side analyst and specialist teams while providing project advisory and direction to executives in multiple, parallel projects.
Senior Business Analyst
- Consulted with internal clients on Systems Implementation, Performance Measurement and Analytics Programming within the organization; Managed the requirement analysis process for all SDLC and implementation projects;
- Identified opportunities for business process re-engineering and compliance to new legislation that resulted in over $23m in risks, identified, analyzed and managed;
- Managed the implementation of a RDBMS-based HR Information System, including the global HR, Learning & Development, Canadian Payroll, Compensation Analysis, Time & Attendance, and SQL Reporting Management modules; coordinated users for test and go-live of all modules over a 5-month period;
- Consulted as the ERP super-user for Avanti, Deltek, MS Dynamics AX and all associated custom-built applications; managed all business process documentation on confidential SharePoint file repository, using sound Records Management practices;
- Led facilitated workshops and working sessions with executives, managers, supervisors and workforce segments on the development of software requirements, performance indicators, objectives, goals, and missions for the organization-wide Performance Measurement plan; managed the data architecture and data management strategy for the initiative;
- Managed the Workforce Reporting and Executive Reporting portal SDLC program; coordinated a team of analysts, users, project sponsors, and developers to meet deliverables on tight timelines and budgets.
Confidential, Ottawa, ON
Business + Policy Analyst
- Managed custom, in-house, multi-million dollar RDMS builds for a wide variety of Cabinet-level initiatives within Confidential, Confidential, and Confidential concerned with Health, Security and Defense, Aboriginal Affairs, and Food Supply Security;
- Consulted as a senior performance analyst for the development of several Whole-of-Government Performance Measurement Frameworks; includes the development of corporate, strategic objectives and all indicators aligned to these measures;
- Managed relationships throughout the corporate and operational levels of the federal government departments and agencies in order to facilitate the capture of business-critical data leading into all performance analyses; conducted graduate-level research and reporting on key initiatives related to strategic workforce planning, public health literacy, critical infrastructure, defense procurement, and data and text analytics.