- 8+ years in IT field as BI developer using skills such as Tableau, QlikView, Hyperion, WebMethods and having strong knowledge in database administration.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration ofTableau Server in a multi - server and multi-tier environment.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop/Server, creating highly interactive Data Visualization Reports and dashboards using Data Blending, Extracts, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Context Filters, Sets, Groups, Aggregate measures, Page Trails, Density Chart.
- High involvement in gathering user requirements, meetings, understanding the business from the end user.
- Worked very closely with the Business Objects reporting and dashboards in Tableau.
- Experience in SDLC: Software Development Life Cycle including creating documents for design, testing and migration from development phase to production phase.
- Very good experience in SQL server, SSIS and SSRS.
- Excellent understanding of concepts like Star-schema, Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases, Teradata and MS Access.
- Proficient in Tableau commands to develop Tableau server backup and restoring.
- Experience in orienting business users through both online and in-classroom sessions.
- Expert in writing SQL queries.
- Well versed in Tableau commands for developing scripts for Tableau server backup and restoring.
- An effective communicator with analytical, management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and can tell a story through data.
BI/Visualization: Tableau Server and Desktop 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, SSIS, SSRS.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, Teradata, Oracle 10g, 11g
Platforms: Windows 8/7/2003/NT, MAC OS, DOS, HP Proliant, VMware
Software Packages: MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint and MS Project.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Senior Tableau Consultant
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in bothTableau and Excel.
- Worked on Server Administration of Tableau like setting up of the fail over mechanism and training users on functionality of Tableau and provided permissions to the servers.
- Performed Tableau Server Distributed environment upgrade from v8.2.5 to v9.0.3 in various environments.
- Tableau Backups - Checking/Verifying all the backups to validate that they were successfully created per process.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, Published onTableau Server for usage with Operational or Monitoring Dashboards.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global), Parameters, Groups and sets for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Performance Logs - Reviewing the performance metrics to determine if the baseline exceeded or for the slow points during the day that need to be reviewed.
- Tested reports and uploadedTableau dashboards on to server and provided production support for Tableau users.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like text tables, bar, pie, Heat maps, line charts, Area charts, scatter plot, dual combinations charts in Tableau.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Establish ETL Standards and best practices.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and LOB.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirement.
- Performed Data Migrations from Tableau 7 to Tableau 8.
- Designed and developed complex ETL mappings making use of transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Update Strategy, Connected Lookup and unconnected Lookup, Rank, Expression, Router, Filter, Aggregator and Sequence Generator.
- Working on generating various dashboards in Tableau server using various sources such as Teradata.
- Proficient with Salesforce software including field updates, reports, dashboards, formulas, workflows, custom objects, profile management and user training and problem solving.
- Experience in Tableau Report and Dashboard development.
- Knowledge of scripting languages used in Tableau for scheduling reports.
- Find ways to make graphs and tables visually exciting, and aesthetically pleasing, while at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content that is being communicated
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Proofread all documents and maintain accuracy of information and preparing SOP.
- Responsible for Developing a Dashboard and preparing ad-Hock Reporting.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Tableau reporting Developer
- Involved in Technical decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team, Capacity planning and upgrading of Tableau Servers.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, scorecards and created proof of concept / prototype the same using Tableau desktop.
- Using Tableau Desktop created Interactive-reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Review Vendors Status Reports with Project Team and created visualization for budget forecasting.
- Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand, needed information.
- Published views and dashboards in Tableau Server for auditor review.
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Designed and developed ETL processes using SSIS to receive customer files from data warehouses and load them into transaction processing systems.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized usingTableau.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of SSRS Reports using different topologies and used Process Explorer for maintenance of stuck process, and to release the handles on files.
- Created (with respect to standards) Logins, Users, groups, Roles, Jobs, Alerts, Mails confirmation.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Working on generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop which were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Performed Data Migrations from Tableau 6 to Tableau 7.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Performed regular Administration activities from managing system resources, users and database to the fine-tuning level and implemented projects successfully on Tableau.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Used to run Tableau schedules and execute extracts refresh on workbooks or data sources.
- Created Prompts Customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global), Parameters, Groups and sets for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Extensively used analytical features in Tableau like Statistical functions and calculations, trend lines, forecasting etc. in many tableau reports.
- Responsible to facilitate load testing and benchmarking the developed product with the set performance standards.
- Created ad Hoc and parameterized various reports using SQL server 2005 reporting Services with data from SQL Server and MS Access as data sources.
- Deployed and scheduled reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including status.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Analyzed the datasets using Python and involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau.
- Created Tableau reports, dashboards using bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts, etc. using show me functionality.
- Was successful in determining the most registered service by the customers and report it to the client which will help them to improve the less registered services.
- Worked extensively with Filters, Calculations, Parameters, Maps, for preparing dashboards and worksheets.
- Extensively worked on Tableau Desktop, by creating Complex reports and Dashboards.
- Developed SQL queries to help the team in updating multiple Database tables using a single query.
- Designed and Developed ETL process using SSIS in loading customer data into transaction processing systems.
- Been a part of configuring and deploying SSRS reports using different topologies.
- Worked consistently to meet deadlines and targets while delivering high quality work.
- Volunteered to lead a group of 5 people, in understanding the application work flows, increasing the efficiency levels of the team by developing/resolving the issues quickly.
- Explained detailed analysis to the key users to make them understand and consume the data sets to analyze and enhance decision making.
- Worked as an Incident Manager, Request Manager and Problem Manager.
- Managed various priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects.
- Assisted my supervisor in developing a tool to track the inflow/outflow of incidents in Servicenow.
Jr. Database Administrator
- Addressed the issues in timely manner, supporting the team in achieving zero errors in the application code.
- Actively involved in business meetings with the customer to understand their requirements and work effectively towards new business enhancements.
- Developed queries to ensure data quality, identify data inconsistencies, missing data and resolve as needed.
- Performed exploratory analysis on the data to find out the most registered benefit by the people from different regions in Amsterdam.
- Executed SQL Queries, Triggers, and Stored procedures for database transactions using Oracle 10g and 11g SQL Developer.
- Defined Joined Conditions, Table aliases and views for the user requirement.
- Was involved in writing different stored procedures
- Interpreted client’s functional and information needs and turn them into functional or data requirements, process models.
- Been a part of Knowledge transfer sessions and was appreciated for my quick understanding about the functionality.
- I was asked to take the sessions for my peer group to make them understand about what and how to analyze the datasets.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes