- Over 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst, eliciting, analyzing, and documenting the requirements for business processes, policies, and systems.
- Ability to be a liaison among business stakeholders to understand business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements
- Adequate knowledge in Health Insurance Plan Administration - specifically projects aimed at meeting HIPAA requirements while modernizing EDI and Transaction processing platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of various SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) & RUP.
- Proficient with all types of documentation (Project Charter, BRD, FRD, Use Cases, Test Cases, Training Manuals, and SLA/OLA.)
- Ability to use analytical tools like GAP, SWOT, and ROI to analyze requirements to meet business needs.
- Conducted on-site JAD sessions and presented the comprehensive Functional Requirements Document (FRD) to the development and testing teams to support the development and testing of technical requirements.
- Coordinated and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to obtain buy-in from internal and external customers.
- Developed training programs for project and trained users to effectively interact with new product enhancements.
- Functioned as the conduit for information between numerous groups and ensured that the correct resources addressed the assigned areas of responsibilities.
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile(SCRUM), RUP, Waterfall
Tools: Rational Products (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase, TestManager, Robot, and Rose), MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, SQL Server, Oracle, Crystal Reports
Platforms/Languages: Java, J2EE, UML, SQL, VB, Windows, Unix, Linux, C, C++
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Senior / Lead Business Analyst
- Conducted Q&A sessions with the SME’s, gathered requirements; analyzed and documented the requirements using CaliberRM.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to illustrate the differences between use of the IVR System and traditional clinical screening.
- Conducted one on one interviews with Clinicians to understand the process of approving new subject into a Clinical Trial to become a SME on new subject enrollments
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and detailed Use Cases, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using CaliberRDM.
- Conducted weekly review meetings with team to ensure deliverables were met and any changes/concerns were dealt with in a time manner so the overall timeline would not be greatly impacted.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure all the features for the project were captured and mapped as per the requirement in the BRD.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, clinicians, and development teams.
- Coordinated in developing test scenarios, test cases and implemented test plan with QA team.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with both business user and vendors while documenting the necessary training material.
Environment:Agile(SCRUM), CaliberRM, CaliberRDM, HP Quality Center, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Oracle 9i, Microsoft Windows Server, Dreamweaver
Confidential, Bronx, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered the Business Requirements from the clients and end users keeping in mind their need for application and documented if for the developers following the HIPAA guidelines for an individual function area by conducting JAD and JRP sessions.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify and document the gaps between the existing system 4010A1 compliant and new 5010 compliant system.
- Analyzed and categorized the impacts of new ICD 10 standards and applied changes on the targeted systems, processes, business-associate relationships and Providers.
- Defined Business Requirements and created Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose for understanding the business processes.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), and User Interface Design.
- Developed test plan, test cases, test summary and managed a Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure the desired application functionality.
Environment: RUP, UML, Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, Rational ClearQuest, HP Quality Center, Windows XP/7, MS Office, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Project
Confidential, Vernon Hills, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered requirement differences between the AS-IS and TO-BE system and performed a GAP Analysis.
- Became the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the BPLM Change Management tools to provide direction, leadership and support for team members.
- Assisted Project Manager during the inception phase to create the project scope, charter, and initiation documentation.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis during the design stage to ensure that core requirement needs were met and current problems/causes were well understood by the development team prior to actual implementation.
- Created and managed the BRD, FRD, and FRS for the new enhancements to the BPLM Change Management Tool.
- Created test cases, assisted in the testing, and managed the UAT of the enhancements prior to deployment.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, RequisitePro, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, Oracle, MS Project, RUP
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Gathered all the requirements from the stakeholders based on the project scope and documented them in RequisitePro.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and Gap analysis.
- Used MS Project to allocate, track, and monitor deliverables to team members.
- Developed Use case, Activity and sequential diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Collaborated with development team to finalize interfaces between client and user.
- Performed UAT with users located at remote sites, mainly loan officers at Confidential retail locations.
Environment: RUP, RequisitePro, RationalRose, Oracle 9i, XML, MS Project, HP QualityCenter, ClearQuest
Thompson Financial, Troy MI
- Gathered requirements from Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to create Business Requirements Document (BRD), System Requirements Document (functional and non-functional requirements), use cases, process flow diagrams and sequence diagrams during multiple JAD Sessions.
- Performed data analysis to map data from one system to the other, to ensure that data fields get populated with accurate data entries during system enhancements.
- Successfully transitioned from Waterfall to Agile to have a more streamlined SDLC.
- Managed and negotiated project change requests and supported ongoing enhancements and modifications to the production systems.
- Developed Project Status Metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and analyzed the impact of the open issues and change requests on the project plan using MS Project.
- Conducted need assessment activities using a variety of data-collection methods, including document reviews, interviews, focus groups, observations and surveys.
- Regularly involved in testing new features and new products in production and non-production environments using HP Quality Center to implement the test plan.
- Constantly involved in negotiations and conflict management to resolve issues and achieve results.
- Developed plans to test business and functional processes during system development and user acceptance testing.
Environment: Agile, CaliberRM, MS Visio, MS Project, Lotus Notes, MS SQL Server, IIS Server, Microsoft Windows, Jira
- Conducted meetings/interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements. This information along with the vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- Prepared business workflow models that cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Identified the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting it in MS Excel and MS Visio for the developers.
- Conducted milestones planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from development, QA and technical support teams
- Managed an offshore development team of three web developers to design, implement, and maintain the business unit’s intranet.
- Managed and coordinated the definition of Support and Service products for customers and partners.
- Managed programs to develop and introduce accessory card products for the second generation of the Vernier Networks System.
- Managed the development, implementation and beta testing of new product features to allow educational institutions to integrate our wireless infrastructure products into their networks.
- Developed marketing strategy to launch our Support and Service products.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes