- 9+ yrs of experience indevelopment and implementation of Data Warehousing applications using Cognos Business Intelligence.
- Involved in entire BI lifecycle project development, including design, coding, testing and implementation and ongoing product support.
- Result - oriented with expertise in design, development and delivery of BI objectives.
- Proficient in developing reporting applications using Cognos 10.x/8.x, Tableau 10.1.
- Experience in working with Active Reports, Dashboards and knowledge of Dynamic Cubes & SDK.
- Experience in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Functional (FRD) and Technical Specification (BRD) and Test case documentation.
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Data Modeling and Mappings, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications with participation in entire life cycle of the projects.
- Experience in working with Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Team player with excellent technical, operational, problem solving skills and quick learner.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively, with attention to detail.
Business Intelligence: Cognos10.x/8.x BI Suite/ ReportNet (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Analysis Studio, Transformer, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Cognos Connection), Tableau 10.1, SAP BO, ProClarity, BIRT, Crystal Reports.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2, MS Access
Web servers: Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Programming skills: SQL, PL/SQL, R, Java Script, HTML
Modeling tools: Erwin
Microsoft Suite: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint
Operating systems: Windows 7/XP/NT/2003/2000
Others: TOAD, Benthic (Golden, PLEdit), Reflections (Open VMS), Rational ClearQuest, UltiPro, ServiceNow, Reflexis, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr. Cognos Developer/Analyst
- Develop reports, dashboards using Cognos & Tableau.
- Conduct business analysis sessions with Service Providers and vendors to gather requirements and develop reporting solutions.
- Co-ordinate Sprint meetings to update project status and plan priorities to ensure project timeline tasks
- Create Functional and Technical project documents on Confluence (Team Collaboration webpages)
- Perform analysis for new BI reporting requests, including working directly with end-users and off-shore team.
- Train business users both in technology and applications and help understand reports/dashboards and create ad-hoc reports.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Reporting team to analyze and plan tasks to slowly decommission BOSS and go live with workSMART.
- Coordinate with Reflexis to fix/enhance existing issues related to the Model.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues requested in JIRA.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Cognos Connection), Reflexis, JIRA, Tableau 10.1, SQL Server, MS office Suite.
Confidential, Danbury, CT
Sr. Cognos Developer/Analyst
- Define company wide business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with data stewards to categorize institutional data and define appropriate access controls and procedures in accordance with security policies.
- Perform analysis for new BI reporting requests, including working directly with end-users across campus within their transactional and operational environment.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Reporting team and other applications staff to conceptualize, implement, test, and validate new BI reports and access control models for use across the enterprise.
- Develop, maintain and enhance enterprise level BI reports and dashboards.
- Develop and enforce reporting standards for enterprise reports.
- Use Custom SQl to include configured fields in the reports.
- Monitor and troubleshoot enterprise BI and data warehouse operations in support of service level agreements - BI (Business Intelligence).
- Coordinate and plan project tasks as needed.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Cognos Connection), UltipPro, SQL Server, MS office Suite.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Sr. Cognos Developer
- Design and implement solutions to follow standards, best practices and meet performance guidelines.
- Suggest, develop improvements and provide solutions to existing problems.
- Interacted with users to collect the requirements, analyze current processes and provide better solutions.
- Responsible for design, development, coding, testing of reports.
- Involved in query optimization and performance tuning and consolidating reports.
- Involved in testing/enhancing report using SQL.
- Develop and implement test plans to ensure successful delivery of project.
- Involved in providing overall administration, configuration, security, and maintenance for the BI environment
- Involved in developing and maintaining Framework Manager Models and packages.
Environment: Cognos 10.2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Cognos Connection), SSRS, SQL Server 2008, MS office Suite.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Cognos Developer/BI Analyst
- Involved at all phases of development life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, debugging, testing and documentation.
- Worked with Business Units to define Business strategy and create a centralized reporting capability for users to perform analytical, and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
- Gathered requirements through research, surveys, formal-informal sessions with subject matter experts (SMEs) and end users.
- Worked with Business, onsite and/or offshore technical team to ensure deliverable quality and deadlines (SLAs) are met.
- Responsible for the validation and delivery of solution-oriented complex reports using Cognos Report Studio and development of ad-hoc reporting interfaces using Cognos Query Studio.
- Created/Modified PL/SQL stored procedures as per requirements related to daily shopfloor reports.
- Maintained and supported ProClarity financial reports developed using SQL Server cubes as source.
- Involved in converting shopfloor production reports from Cognos to SAP BO.
- Trained business users both in technology and applications and help understand data, reports and dashboards.
Environment: Cognos 10.2 /8.4 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced), ProClarity, SAP BO, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, MS office Suite.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Sr. Cognos Developer
- Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of the reports for budgeting, forecasting and planning applications to meet business requirements.
- Designed and developed reports using Cognos Report Studio 10 with multiple complex queries and user friendly prompt options.
- Customized reports using HTML and Java Script.
- Worked closely with the Functional team to study/understand data (existing and ignored) to reproduce accurate data complying with the business rules.
- Created/Modified Framework Manager Models and published packages adding new query subjects to enhance report performance.
- Worked extensively on new and existing reports simplifying/tuning the structure to improve report run-time. Developed SQL code to validate data with the report output.
- Trained QA team to understand data to help them validate the reports efficiently.
Environment: Cognos 10.1 (Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio), Toad, DB2, Rational ClearQuest, MS Office 2007, Windows XP.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
Sr. Cognos Developer
- Interacted with Business and Functional teams to capture Business Requirements and created technical specification document.
- Worked with technical lead to create Framework Manager Model and/or Packages as per requirements.
- Involved in Designing and developing create cubes in Transformer for OLAP analysis.
- Created complex and interactive Dashboards and Active reports.
- Customized user interface and modified reports as per requirements.
- Created user-friendly Ad-hoc reports using Query Studio.
- Worked with Operations Team to deploy Reports & Packages from Development to Testing Environment and from Testing to Production Environment.
- Involved in upgradation and migration from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10.1.
- Used Cognos Connection to organize reports folder structure, scheduling and distributing reports.
- Test reports using review checklists for Quality Assurance before delivering to functional team.
- Troubleshoot production issues. Participate in functional and User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Cognos 10.1/8.4 (Framework Manager, Transformer, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio), Oracle 10i, PeopleSoft 8.3/9.1, MS Office 2007, Windows 7.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in Requirement gathering and Assisted Developer in building Framework model and creating packages.
- Created technical specification document as per the requirements
- Developed and enhanced Cognos reports from existing Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) reports.
- Used Cognos Connection for organizing, scheduling and distributing reports.
- Involved in Functional and User Acceptance Testing along with process documentation.
Environment: Cognos 10.1/8.4 (Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio), Eclipse BIRT, TOAD, Oracle 9i, Windows XP.
Confidential, New York, NY
Cognos Consultant/ Data Analyst
- Involved in all phases of development life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, debugging, documentation, and testing.
- Created Framework manager models and packages practicing best modeling techniques keeping long term aspects like knowledge transfer, maintainability etc. in perspective.
- Developed new/modified complex reports using Report Studio.
- Designed and developed models to create cubes in Transformer for OLAP analysis. Also involved in enhancing existing cubes. Created complex reports using cubes in Analysis Studio.
- Documented business requirements, work instructions, how-to user manuals, power user manuals and best practices at various levels.
- Worked with Business Units to define Business strategy for users to perform analytical, and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
- Closely worked with ETL team to design data marts by understanding user requirements.
- Created KPI reports and assisted business users analyze data.
Environment: Cognos8 BI Suite ReportNet 1.1 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection), Cognos EP Series 7.3, MS Office 2003 Suite, SQL Server 2000, Oracle, HP Service Center, Windows XP.