- Having 11 years of IT experience in Design, Development, Testing and implementation of Software at Application levels.
- Over 8 years of experience in Business intelligence reporting, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation implementation of Cognos applications and maintenance of data warehouses, data bases, data marts and providing solutions for Manufacturing, Telecom and Financial domains.
- Certified IBM Cognos 8 BI Author.
- Experienced in various Cognos tools such as Cognos 10 BI/8 BI Suite(Framework Manager, Report Studio, Cognos Connection, Query Studio, Analysyis Studio, Powerplay Studio and Event Studio), Power Play Transformer.
- Well - versed in developing reporting applications using Cognos 10 BI components (Framework Manager, Business Insight, Business insight advanced, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, and Cognos Connection).
- Developed and Published Packages using Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects and created filters, prompts, calculations, summaries and functions in Framework Manager.
- Experience in Deployment (Export, Import) using Framework Manager into Cognos Connection and Implemented security at different levels in Framework manager and Cognos Connection to restrict access.
- Expertise in Report building using Report studio, Query Studio, and Analysis Studio.
- Expertise to Heterogeneous Data Sources data integration to Cognos.
- Complex Report building experience in Report studio by using filters customized prompts, conditional formatting, drill-through, Cross tab, bursting, Master/details queries, and HTML Scripting.
- Deliver advanced/ complex reporting solutions such as Dashboards and Standardized Reporting (including the bursting of reports globally) using Cognos. Created complex Dashboards withArea charts, Pie charts, Cross tabs and Multi prompts in Report Studio.
- Experience in Designing Transformer models and developing for corporate data for building Multidimensional Cubes (MOLAP/OLAP/ROLAP).
- Deploying models and reports from Staging to Production and administering users/groups/roles.
- Sound knowledge of Oracle 11g/10g, Oracle 9.x/8.x/7.x, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2, PL/SQL, SQL Programming.
- Excellent knowledge on data warehousing concepts - Star schema, Snow-flake Schema and worked on both OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Involved in creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter and Sequence Generator), Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from Multiple sources into targets
- Worked on Scrum(Agile) methodology
- Strong troubleshooting and production support skills and interaction abilities with end users.
- Strong Inter personal communication skills, Ability to provide appropriate attention to details and effective troubleshooting skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Provided extensive End User Training and Support.
- An excellent team player with fast learning curve, strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills to work under time constraints and has capability to work with business users, architects and peers, thus maintaining healthy environment in the project.
BI Tools: Cognos 10.2/10.1/10 & Cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2/8.0 BI(Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Transformer, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection),Tableau 8/9
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS
Data Bases: ORACLE 10g, 11g, DB2, MS SQL Server 2000/2008, and MS-Access
Data Modeling Tool: Erwin 4.1, Visio 2000.
Database Tools: Toad, SQL Navigator.
Languages: SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, Java Script
Source Control: CVS, Clear Case, HP-Quality Center
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/XP/2000, Unix, AIX
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Sr. Report Developer
- Interact with the Business users for requirement gathering.
- Analysing the specifications provided by the clients and Developing specification documents for reports as per client requirements.
- Used Framework Manager to build models, packages and publish packages to Cognos Connection.
- Built models containing query subjects, query items, and namespaces from imported metadata.
- Developed Standard Templates, Dashboard Reports, Standard Reports, Charts, and Drill through Reports, Master-detail & conditional formatting reports using Report Studio and Query Studio. Working experience with different date functions in Report studio.
- Developed filters, calculations, prompts, conditions, and created various reports, using Cognos Report Studio for users
- Created Multidimensional models in Cognos transformer using Framework Manager Packages & Cognos Reports.
- Worked closely with the ETL team to ensure reporting requests can be supported by the underlying data source
- Wrote simple to complex SQL queries in the process of unit testing of the reports.
- Involved in meetings with the business analyst in UAT testing of the reports by working closely with the users.
- Worked closely with the migration team to deploy the reports and packages from Development to QA, UAT and Production environments
- Created Dashboard reports, drill through reports, and drill up/down reports using cubes as a data source in Cognos report studio.
- Created Models based on the dimensions, levels and measures required for the analysis studio-using Transformer. Scheduled the Cubes and Demand the Cubes on users request using Autosys.
- Worked on Cognos Go office to show Cognos repots in power point.
- Supporting all production BI applications.
- Designed and developed Cognos Framework Manager models and packages; reports, scorecards and dashboards using Cognos 10.
- Worked in a fast paced environment with supporting multiple projects.
- Designed and Developed Relational and Dimensional models using Framework Manager and deployed packages to the Cognos10 server.
- CreatedTableauscorecards, dashboards for Procurement team as they needed a visualization that compares entities such as MBFS, MBUSA, DTNA, DDC, MBUSI and Fort Mill offices by their buyers and types of contracts they make. Created visualization for comparing the figures for all the offices using tableau.
- Created visualizations for Strategy team to look into daily credit applications received by MBUSA dealers in USA and also created calculated field to check whether these applications are cashed or not using tableau.
Environment: IBM Cognos 10.2/10.1/10 BI Suite, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Powerplay Studio, Cognos Go Office, Tableau,DB2, Informatica, Windows 2000, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, Rapid SQL, ALFA & CISM
Confidential, Marshalltown, IA
Onsite Lead & Report Developer
- Built Framework Manager Models, and established the cardinalities to suit the business needs.
- Responsibilities includes requirement gathering for the ETL Team & delegate it to offshore
- Analyze and interpret all complex data on all target systems and provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with data analyst to validate all requirements.
- Gathered report requirements from Business Users and converted them in to technical documents.
- Built relational & DMR models using Framework Manager (FM) & creating simple to complex reports in Report Studio.
- Involved in converting existing Dashboard Reports in to Active Reports.
- Created Database layer and Business layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager.
- Designed & Implemented List, Cross tab, Chart, Drill through, Master-detail and complex reports with Multiple Pages/Prompts in Report Studio.
- Created multi-page reports based on multiple master queries to show the data on different pages when the master record changes in a report using Report Studio.
- Performance tuning of the reports implemented by creating summarized tables, views and appropriate indexes
- Perform tests and validate all data flows according to business requirements.
- Created POCs (Proof of Concept reports) for different teams inTableauDesktop showing the abilities, special formats and published toTableauServer
Environment: Cognos 10 Suite, SSIS, Windows XP/2000, SQL server 2008, Tableau Desktop & Server (8.0)
- Analyze and check the feasibility of new requirements.
- Requirement analysis and project estimations.
- Developed Reports High-level design, Low-level design & review phases in many of the deliverables of other Modules.
- Involved in Designing DMR models with Relational Data using Framework Manager(FM) and deployed packages to the Report Servers.
- Involved in Designing models using Framework Manager and deployed packages to the Servers.
- Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
- Developed List, cross tab, drill through, master-detail, chart and complex reports which involved Multiple Prompts, multi-query, Burst Reports against database.
- Design and Developed Cognos Dashboards, Reports.
- Created Drill- through reports and Customized Reports with Prompts.
- Involved in working with Cascading Prompts, Conditional Formatting, and Conditional Blocking.
- Complete Ownership of Quality related activities
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1 (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio) SQL Server 2008 and Toad
- Created reports and Customized Reports with Prompts
- Developed, modified existing reports like list reports, cross tab reports, chart reports, reports and Complex reports like Drill Through Reports & Master Detail Reports using Report Studio.
- Involved in working with Cascading Prompts, Conditional Formatting, and Conditional Blocking.
- Involved in enhancements of Designing DMR models with Relational Data and Relational models using Framework Manager and Power play Transformer cubes using Flat Files and multiple IQD files as data source for reporting by Analysis Users.Code Unit testing
- Requirement management, Report Design, review and testing
- Performance Tuning of all CognosEnvironments including Production, Development and Testing.
- Performed Pivoting, Drill-down, Slice & Dice and Filtering operations done for all OLAP applications.
- Developed standard Templates for various kinds of reports.
- Involved in Scheduling reports using Cognos Scheduler.
- Trained end users on Query Studio for Ad-hoc reporting as well as involved in the Documentation.
Environment: Cognos 8.2 Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Power play Transformer 7, TOAD, Java Scripts and Oracle 10g
- Requirement Analysis.
- Requirement Gathering, development of cubes
- Building Multi-Dimensional Cubes for better analysis on the data.
- Designing the Reports model using Cognos Framework Manager.
- Developing Reports using COGNOS Report Studio.
- Developing and refreshing the Cognos Power Play Cubes.
- Developing PL / SQL in Oracle 10g.
- Writing UNIX Shell Scripts for automating process.
- Unit Testing
Environment: Sun Solaris 9, Oracle 10g, Cognos 8, Report Studio, Windows XP/2000, TOAD 188.8.131.52, COGNOS Framework Manager, COGNOS Power Play, Rational Clear Case (for version control), Edit plus (IDE).
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router,
- Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.Preparation of Technical Designs for Informatica mappings.
- Developing the Mapping components
- Unit testing of the components.
- Reviewing the components
- Delivering the components through Kintana
- Bug fixes of the components.
- Worked on Documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
Environment: Windows XP, Oracle 10g, PLSQL Developer, Oracle Report Builder 10g,Informatica 8.1& Kintana (for version control