- Having 7+ years of experience as a Senior IT professional with a background in business intelligence, software design and full life - cycle development.
- Capable of managing numerous projects while leading cross-functional teams to meet and exceed overall IT initiatives.
- Demonstrated consultative process skills with emphasis on written and relationship development skills.
- Experience in gathering Business Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation
- Skilled in Tableau Desktop versions 9.x, 8.x and 6.x. for data visualization, Reporting and Analysis; Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Page Trails and Density Chart
- Proficient in creating Calculations (Cube Calculations, Hide Columns, Creating/using Parameters, Table Calculations, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Mar Card Changes, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding) using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Developed QlikView application to visualize the local real estate market.
- Experience in configuring reports from different data sources using data blending.
- Implemented Tableau/oracle BI security at the Data (Data security) and object (Roles and Permissions) security
- Expertise in using complex multiple data sources such as SQL, Flat Files, Excel and Access,
- Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata for designing and modeling of Tableau application.
- Experience with Dashboard & Scorecard Reports for Corporate Financial Forecasting as per user requirements using XLS, HTML
- Experience in Business Objects XI R3/R2/6.X/5.X (Designer, CMC, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Scheduler, Import wizard).
- Improved Reports performance in tableau using extracts and context filters
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools including ETL, OLAP Cube, Other Business Intelligence tools.
- Tableau Server certified professional preferred
- Strong experience in writing SQL Queries, Views, Materialized Views, Cursors, Collections, Ref Cursor, Cursor variables, System Reference Cursor, Dynamic SQL, Exceptions. PL/SQL tables in 11g, 10g, and 9i.
- Experience in Deploying Forms and Reports on the web.
- Experience in developing External Tables, Joins, Indexes and sequences.
- Experience scripting using TabCMD and TABADMIN.
- Results oriented, self-starter looking for challenges, ability to rapidly learn & apply new technologies & good interpersonal skills
- Expertise in preparing code documentation in support of application development, including high level and detailed design documents, unit test specifications, interface specifications, etc
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Programming skills
- Excellent ability to understand and analyze the client requirements
- Experience in full life cycle development (SDLC)
- Provide recommendations to add new programs or enhance current programs based on current and emerging health problems and key outcome measures.
- Responsible for coordinating project plans across multiple departments for successful execution. Acted as project manager to coordinate initiatives between multiple departments.
- Accountable for defining program goals and objectives, establishing the theoretical basis for program design, and making recommendations for incorporating best practices and market expectations into the care management programs provided to our clients customers.
BI/Visualization Tools: Tableau server 8.x/9.x./7.x/6.x., Tableau Reader 8.x, SSRS, Tableau Desktop 6.x/7.x/8.x/ 9.x, Micro strategy, Teradata,Tableau Public 9.2, Business Objects XI3.1- R2/6X,.
Programming: C, C++, Java, XML &HTML, SQL
Utilities: MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, MS Project
Databases: Oracle 10g/11i, Oracle SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Access, MS Excel
OS Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x, Informatica Metadata Manger ., Data stage, SSIS
CASE Tools: Microsoft Visual Source Safe, PVCS, Version Manager
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Involved in the designing process of the data ware house with the requirements from the business.
- Design & build SSIS ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) process load data from heterogeneous sources like DB2, flat files, SQL Server and to perform complex transformations to derive and load data in Dimension tables, granular and aggregated Fact tables for various SSRS and POWER VIEW, POWER BI reports
- Developed BI data mapping and BI objects (dashboards, reports, analyses, visualizations, metrics, security) design documents.
- Working closely with Customer service and BI department for prompt and efficient delivery of Tableau Reports.
- Expertise in using complex multiple data sources such as SQL, Flat Files, Excel and Access, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata for designing and modeling of Tableau application.
- Making use of dynamic connection to extract data from several servers for the creation of Dashboards in Tableau.
- Experience in building Data warehouse applications using Tableau as reporting environment.
- Upgraded workbook and dashboards from Tableau 8.x to 9.x.
- Involved in migration of versions from 8 to 9.x.
- Writing SQL to work with Tableau Dashboards and rectifying the errors as per VizQL (Query Language for Tableau).
- Created visualization dashboards for more than a dozen online reports helping clients identify.
- Opportunities to sell more advertising. .
- Developed rich interactive graphics and data visualizations of large structured data in browser-friendly formats..
- Implementing ETL best practices and optimizing ETL procedures so as to populate data warehouse schemas efficiently and reliably. Emphasis on reusability of ETL objects and procedures in order to facilitate ease of maintenance.
- Performance Tuning of Tableau Dashboards to work effectively.
- Formatting of Tableau Worksheets for better look and feel as per the requirements. Recreating SSRS Report hosted on SharePoint in Tableau 9.x based on the requirement
- Applying Reverse Engineering to understand the previously created Reports in SSRS.
- Publishing the new Reports on Tableau Server.
- Reverse Engineering the SSRS Reports in Tableau.
- Rectifying Errors in Tableau Reports and formatting the Reports wherever needed.
- Creating complex data views manually using multiple measures also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Usage of Parameters to filter the data before the execution of the Queries.
- Making changes in the recreation of SSRS Reports wherever required after discussing with the Customer Support Team.
- Building of Dashboards from scratch without any requirement document.
Environment: - Tableau 9.x/8.x, MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS 2008, T-SQL, Power Pivot, PowerBI, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7/12 Professional, MS Office 2010, TFS
Confidential - Southborough, MA
- Generated Tableau Dashboards with filters, quick filters, context filters, global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Generated ad-hoc Tableau reports based on user requirements.
- Combined multiple data sources by joining tables and using Data Blending.
- Generated Tableau reports with Trend lines, Reference lines and Bands and also generated several drill down and drill up reports.
- Worked on groups, sets, different calculation functions including Table calculations.
- Used multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Created dashboards with the security using filters for the clients to measure cost saving.
- Performed end-to-end Data Analysis and ensured the data quality gaps are identified.
- Designed and developed Business Intelligence end to end solutions using Tableau.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters and security, so intended teams can view it.
- Developed tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding.
- Worked on various reports using best practices and different visualizations like Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Build complex calculations using advanced functions (ATTR, DATEDIFF, STR, IFs, nested IFs, OR, NOT, AND, SUMIF, COUNTIF, LOOKUPs and QUICK TABLE calculations).
- Created visualizations in Tableau using Excel data extract source, wrote Test Cases and documented the Test Results.
- Performance tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Tableau.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.x Tableau server / Administrator, SQL developer, OBIEE, SQL-Server … MS-Access, Oracle 10g, SQL, MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Windows
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Collaborated with Enterprise Architecture, IT leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendation.
- Worked with Project team to determine technical and development impact of a project.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documenting them textually or within models
- Gathering and documenting the requirements those are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software.
- Modeled use-case diagrams in Rational Rose to show end-user interaction with the personal information, loan information & property information modules.
- Identified and developed quality management plans, test scenarios, and test scripts for user acceptance based on system requirements.
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model and architectural design of the application.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to Scrum for the stakeholder review.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user perspective.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped. Used SQL for data mapping and querying.
- Developed data mapping procedures ETL - Data Extraction, Data Analysis and Loading process of collected data.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of systems to load source data into Target databases using Informatica.
- Design, development and implementation of various analytical reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy desktop.
- Actively tracking schedule, clear and crisp communications with key resources, stake holders and SMEs to keep everyone involved in the project on the same page, milestone tracking and avoiding scope creep issues
Environment: Oracle, TOAD, SQL, Share Point, TFS, Agile-Scrum, Informatica, MicroStrategy, Autosys, UNIX, SQL Server, ERwin, MS VISIO, Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Project).
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau desktop.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server.
- Upgraded Workbooks and Dashboards from Tableau 6.0 to Tableau 6.1
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different data sources together on one dashboard to filter data in multiple views.
- Involved in new KPI generation for Scorecards.
- Data collection and leveraging on data manipulation teams for required data.
- Developed complex SQL scripts for Teradata database for creating BI layer on DW for Tableau reporting.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets Using Tableau. Effectively used data blending, quick filters, actions, hierarchy features in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing, Converted Metric Insight reports to Tableau reports.
- Analyzed the data using statistical features in Tableau to develop Trend Analysis reports.
- Experience in assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the data sources are publishes or extracted to server.
Environment: Tableau Server/Reader Administrator, Oracle 11i, Windows 2003/ XP, Tableau Desktop 6.x, SQL developer, SQL 2008, Oracle, Microsoft Excel 2007, Microsoft office 2007.