- 7+ Years of professional experience in business data analysis, database development and deployment of enterprise applications using machine learning and advanced Data mining process to extract valuable insights from large sets of semi - structured and unstructured data in order to create data warehouse - Performing ETL process along with developing powerful BI capability using Tableau, R and MS Power BI with NET Import/Export data Bulk insert.
- 4+ years of experience in Data warehousing(DW) applications using Oracle 9/10/11g, Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS/SSAS) and 3 years of enterprise BI application using Tableau, R, Advanced Microsoft Excel and MS Power BI for both academic and professional projects.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as there were numerous 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' conditions.
- Extensive experience using Tableau Server Tableau Desktop and Tableau Public as well as designing User interface (UX/UI) with responsive dashboards.
- Proficient in Installing Configuring and Administration of Tableau Server and configuring Web data connectors to extract, fetch, manipulate, derive insights and share with user via Tableau Server.
- Expertise in designing and development of various dashboards reports utilizing various Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis Bar Graphs Scatter Plots Pie Charts Heat Maps Bubble Charts Tree Maps Funnel Charts Box Plots Waterfall Charts Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions other local and global filters according to the business/client requirement.
- Extensive experience in statistical & quantitative analysis using R-programming language to study analyze history data using neural network, regressions, tree maps, geo maps, k-means cluster, silhouette & scatter plots to create rules and develop predictive models for estimating business opportunities and identify constraints.
- In depth experience in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Objects creation such as Database Table Normalization UDF User Defined Data Type Indexes Stored Procedures Views Cursors and Triggers
- Excellent understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle SDLC Procedures and user defined functions cursors indexes and triggers using Management Studio.
- Strong experience in creating various reports like Drill through Drill down and Ad hoc according to the user requirement using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS. Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts including star schemas snowflakes ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Perform quality assurance checks and update databases to ensure data integrity
- Performance optimization of the data warehouse by identifying and assisting in correcting EDW/BI performance bottlenecks and debug database application or data content related issues
- Initiated in taking responsibility for evaluating the scope of projects with proper documentation of business process and decision models for every phase
- Worked with business & technology stakeholders, multiple teams across the organization to stay aware of the technological advancement that would help to get optimized end products.
RDMS/OS: Oracle 11g, MySQL V5, Microsoft SQL Server/Linux, Windows.
Languages/Technologies: RV3.3, PL/SQL, SQL, JAVA, J2EE, C, HTML, XML.
ETL & BI Tools: TableauV8/9, MS Power BI, R Studio, TIBCO Spotfire / Predictive Analytics
Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.0 & JBoss 4.0
Tools: & Framework: R StudioV3.2.3, Eclipse, Toad, MySQL, NetBeans IDE, MS Office, Visio.
Confidential, Dartmouth, MA
Tableau Consultant / Graduate Research Assistant
- Designed Data Lake Architecture that explains the efficiency and process of Digitizing museum. With an addition of a repository for the non-profit organization to store huge amount of structured and unstructured data and the paper would also consist of a relational database model (POC). It will be accessible to the public as well as an enterprise with authorized access management.
- Designed views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most user vs least user
- Build dashboard using parameters sets groups and calculations with dual axis bar chart.
- Generated report schedules on Tableau server and published live interactive data visualizations dashboardsfrom Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers
- Identified the factors involving the performance of the reports and coordinated in the creation of indexes statistics to improve the query turnaround time efficiently and design interactive user interface.
- Involved in Installation and upgrade of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization
- Worked on creation of user’s group projects workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks
- Imported data from disparate sources and stored in the database using ETL process and enhanced its optimization via extensive performance tuning measures.
- Liaise with business subject matter experts in analyzing business requirements (Productivity related - KPIs), understand the various data sources.
- Architect the productivity data mart. Developed and maintained the schema, its tables, indexes, views in Oracle 11g.
- Developed strategies for use in high-volume, high-performance heterogeneous environment.
- Analyzed source data, define and capture metadata and created logical rules associated with ETL processes.
- Analyzed dependencies for workflow for various ETL processes, handle exceptions, and maintain logs.
- Developed, designed and implemented data mining models using neural networks and logistic regression
- Collaborated with business & technology stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of design, development, and deployment of the project and optimized the applications according to the business functions.
Environment: R, R StudioV3.2.3, Tableau V9.3, Data Lake architecture, Microsoft SQL Server, Pentaho.
DW-BI Developer/ Data Science Intern
- Responsible for data discovery and ETL activities related to developing a world-wide data repository involving thousands of agencies in Aquaculture industry
- Scraped unstructured and semi-structured data from disparate sources like webpages, public repositories via Tabula, Web Data Connector, import.io.
- Designed and developed Tableau visualization solutions and Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards
- Published customized interactive reports and dashboards report scheduling using Tableau Server Creating New Schedule s and checking the task s daily on the server
- Created action filters parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Worked with Tableau scorecards dashboards using stack bars bar graphs scattered plots geographical maps.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending features.
- Extensively used Tableau features like Data Blending, Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Calculations, Context Filters Hierarchies Actions Maps etc.
- Exported the universes to the Repository for making resources available to the users.
- Creating user groups projects Data connections settings as a tableau administrator
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 9.2 and Maintaining server activities user activity and customized views on Server Analysis
- Recommended advanced analytical & innovative approach to optimizing the interactive intelligence tool for efficient report creations for the business users.
Environment: TableauV9.2, Google Analytic tools, GitHub, WebData Extractor, import.io, Tabula, Oracle 11g Exp.
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Tableau, Database Management
- Product Development - Created a third-party application (Auction software), integrated new functions with the existing ones and maintained internal databases, ad-hoc queries, and Tableau reports. Transactional data include operations involving quotation, purchase/ sell and core financial process for billing and shipment of purchased goods.
- Led a team for database management and developing Oracle stored procedures that track and automate a bulk of transaction data occurred daily basis. Created and developed schema and stored procedure as well as deployed complex SQL queries for data-analysis and data extraction by utilizing knowledge of joins and understanding database landscape. Performed performance tuning and optimization and managed both OLTP and OLAP databases to store transaction data as well as source data along with logs.
- Used TOAD to run DDL and DML statements to create trigger, procedures, functions and packages using PL/SQL code. Utilized System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to define and monitor project progress, resolve issues, analyze root cause / critical analysis and take corrective actions.
- Experience in Creating Tables, Views, Triggers, Cursors, Dynamic Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and other Transact-SQL (DDL, DML) statements for various applications.
- Experience in data migrating (using tools like DTS, BULK INSERT, BCP) between different homogeneous /heterogeneous systems and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration and Data Maintenance.
- Imported data from SQL server to tableau via Stored procedure views and customized SQL queries.
- Generated ad-hoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access managing extracts and Installations.
- Tested reports and uploaded tableau dashboards on to the server and provided production support for tableau users.
- Developed UX/UI applications for responsive dashboards.
Environment: Oracle 10G, Toad, PL/SQL, SVN Tortoise, Crystal Reports, Tableau Desktop.
Java Programmer Analyst
- Gathered functional & technical specifications to design and deploy, walk through meetings.
- Developed two modules (Transaction list along with filter options & Cash Flow tracker based on logged in user) of a dashboard application that delivers entire information to the logged in user of all transactions done from approved MasterCard and Visa Card.
- Developed business and data access layers, mapped Java classes to database elements and tested (both unit and functional). Quality Assured. Agile Methodology.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Eclipse (Galileo), SQL, Servlets, JSP, SQL, XML, Agile, Microsoft SQL Server.
Supply chain Analyst
- Created and maintained an efficient ERP solution for the manufacturing plant.
- Developed Advanced Planning Optimizer (APO), SAP BI/BW to optimize the process of the requirements analysis, system design, documentation, program development, and end user training.
- Increased productivity and inventory levelas part of a three-member team to eliminate the need to manually remove certain flags on items that were part of a shipment during a goods-movement process.
- Trained team members on using enhancements to modify SAP delivered code as requested by the business.
- Raised efficienciesby using geographical parameters such as starting longitude/latitude, ending longitude/latitude, type of transportation, time series analysis using date and time and other parameters, so that customers would check the estimated time for their shipments prior the delivery and avoid discrepancies.
Environment: SAP ERP, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Excel for Data Analysis, Risk Assessment, Forecasting Modelling, MS Access.