- Over all 7+ Years of professional experience in design, development, implementation, analysis, reporting, administration and consulting in a Client - Server environment.
- Experience in implementing rich visualization reports using different Versions of Tableau Desktop/Server (V7.x, 8.x, 9.x) and the associated Database Platform.
- Good at understanding business requirements and translating them into data warehouse dimensional modeling.
- Extensive knowledge in BI/Data Warehousing concepts, designs and project implementations.
- Good understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Responsible for developing, analyzing and reporting key risk indicator and key indicator metrics that enable management to make timely and effective decisions related to threats, risks and control requirements.
- Adept in project planning, resource estimation, requirement gathering, analyzing and producing artifacts such as Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), System Requirement Document (SRD), Business Dashboards, Process flow diagrams, technical design document, and other High/Low level artifacts.
- Ability to design and display Graphic rich visualizations with Filters, Drill Downs and Parameters.
- Extensive knowledge in Developing various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Extensively involved in extract multiple Tableau data sources from Excel, CSV, text files and RDBMS server in to tableau to generate reports using Extract/live Connections.
- Exceptional experience in dealing with various databases like Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, and Flat files.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms like SQL.
- Involved inTrouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reportsand resolving issues withinTableau Server.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Tableau.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Having strong experience in SQL and performance tuning.
- Responsible for writing SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins.
- Responsible for designing and developing Schemas using Entity Relationships, Data Modeling, Normalization, Creating Tables, Views, Indexes, Sequences and Coding.
- Experience in tuning complex SQLs for data extraction and reporting.
- Outstanding knowledge in writing and analyzing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Extensive experience working in Windows, UNIX, LINUX environments.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication skills and leadership abilities to develop creative solution for challenging requirement of client.
Reporting Tools: Tableau DesktopV8.x,7.x/9.x, Tableau Server.
SQL Tools: MSSQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , Oracle 10g/9i, DB2, RDBMS Teradata SQL, Rapid SQL, Toad, SQL*PLUS.
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst
Document Management: Visual Source Safe 6.0, Ultra Edit, SharePoint, Documentum
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control M.
Modeling Tools: Power Designer, Erwin 4.0, ER Studio, MS Visio.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Desktop and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Involved in Analyzing the Business requirements and site specifications to create Business Requirement Document (BRD), Design Document (Functional and Technical) and Data mapping document.
- Responsible and accountable for the business, functional, technical, documentation, design (mock up, wireframe and, proto type), pipelining, base lining, Gap analysis, reverse engineering, development, testing and UAT of the whole project in 3 environments Run TimeDev\Staging and PROD of all requirements of the 3 layers of the project as a Clarity Analyst (Source level), Tableau Analyst (Project level and Systems), Composite middle and Tableau Reporting level).
- Evaluated Business Intelligence standardization to create database layers with user friendly views in Teradata that can be used for development of various Tableau reports/ dashboards.
- Prepared the Report Inventory, Report Mapping doc, report business requirement document (BRD) and the report Functional Specifications Document (FSD) for all the 3 tiers source, data and Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the various source systems, middle data composite fields and destination reporting Tableau fields.
- Developed prototype reports and then freezing report development.
- Used Java Script API to customize the views, selects, filters, date and time.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Fully understand the tool capabilities of CA Clarity PPM tool and Composite data virtualization tool.
- Developed various reports using best practices and different visualizations like Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, Log Axes, Groups, hierarchies, sets to created summary level and detailed Reports.
- Built Complex Reports using advanced reporting functions like with YTD calculations, MTD calculations, percentage differences, sets and groups etc. in Tableau
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once
- Involved in validating the tableau results by validating numbers against data by querying to the data base.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed a process for scooping data from multiple sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata and DB2.
- Worked on Performance Tuning to optimize the Session performance by utilizing, Partitioning, push down optimization, pre and post stored procedures to drop and build constraints.
- Created Data extract for Amazon Redshift data source and pulled the data through Tableau to create the Interactive Dashboards and Storyboards
- Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from SQL Server 2008 and Oracle SQL Developer, and developed T-SQL statements for loading data into Target Database.
- Developed and presented Business Intelligence reports and product demos to the team using SSRS.
- Actively involved in Setting up Tableau Environment.
- Worked on Tableau Admin for scheduling the Data refreshing frequency, manage automatic subscription, security and controlling access to the Data.
- Designed and Optimized Data Connections, Data Extracts, Schedules for Background Tasks and Incremental Refresh for the weekly and monthly dashboard reports on Tableau Server.
- Successfully administered users, user groups and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Upgraded Tableau server from 8.0 to 9.0 in DEV and QA along with Migration of reports.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server 9.1/9.2/9.3, CA Clarity PPM tool, Tableau Analyst, BRD, FSD, Data mapping documents, Prototype reports, Freezing report documents, Tableau Row level Security, Teradata SQL Assistant,, Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential, Newyork, NY
- Gathered the report requirements from various stakeholders, cross functional departments, business users and documenting them in the reports specifications document and report inventory.
- Developed various report\dashboard activities such as grouping, sorting, filtering, ranking and ordering the data and using Tableau reports for Top - N Analysis, Comparative Analysis, Systems\Sources GAP Analysis, and Trend Analysis.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Developed parameter and dimension based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Involved in creating area map to find out customer base usage within United States and Created quick filter to narrow down individual states and cities along with revenue being generated in individual state or city.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created numerous dashboards in Tableau Desktop based on the data collected from Insurance App's by importing and blending data from MS Excel and CSV files along with Oracle SQL Server Databases.
- Created various actions in database like filter actions to send information to other tableau worksheets and to connect the same in analytical flows, URL actions to connect views of data to external resources and Highlight action to provide rich visual interaction between the views on the sheet.
- Fully understand and translate the current existing reporting system SSRS reports to convert them as Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Extensively used Tableau Web to enable users to run-predefined sales and inventory reports for building their own customized reports.
- Designed and developed Complex workbooks and Dashboards by connecting to multiple data sources using data blending.
- Design detailed FRD according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using Power Designer.
- Identify and assess potential data source of Interest Rate, help the market data team to integrate data using ETL tools.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Designed and developed complex data Views to calculate multiple measures which can be used as data sources for Tableau reports.
- Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Used Autosys as Third Party Scheduling tool.
- Worked creating Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures (KPI) and Measure.
- Responsible for security configuration including user/ group setup, permissions, security roles, configuration of trusted ticket authentication.
- Good knowledge of tableau server, administrative functions, installation, configuration, back up of servers and load balancing techniques.
- Created advance connections, join new tables, create and manage monitor Queries using SQL Assistant.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server v8.2./8.3, Power Designer, SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio).
Tableau Developer/Data Analyst
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Used advanced mapping techniques, Aggregate Calculations, Duplicate Data connections, swapping dimensions with parameters in Tableau workbooks and dashboard development.
- Extracting data from different source and combine using SQL Queries in tableau Desktop.
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Developed multiple Views and combined them into Dashboards for interactivity by providing Quick Filter and Parameters for further data drilling capability.
- Used Tableau Desktop created Interactive reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Developed various queries using views, sub-queries, joins, merge and grouping aggregation functionality.
- Involved with DBA group to create Best-Fit Physical Data Model from the Logical Data Model using Forward engineering using Erwin tool.
- Created tables and worked extensively on SQL queries.
- Worked as a team member and technology used was Oracle PL/SQL and created Autosys for job schedules.
- Design, develop and implement complete life cycle of data warehouses.
- Created Star schemas, Snowflake schema, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical modeling.
- Develop underlying data models and databases.
- Develop, manage and maintain data dictionary and or metadata.
- Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
- Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Maintain and manage all versions of data models for production, testing and developing databases.
- Performed maintenance of Stored Procedures to improve Performance of different front end Applications.
Environment: Tableau v7.0/8.1, Tableau Server, Oracle 9i, Autosys, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Windows 7
- Extensively involved in Data Mapping and Data Modeling and participated in domain model analysis and preparation of logical business model using UML.
- Designed the conceptual and business process models.
- Designed various dimension and Fact tables to migrate Legacy data from various sources to New Consolidated Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Assist business partners in decision-making, by analyzing the reporting process from end to end.
- Involved in writing Test Cases, procedures, reports and approval of software release.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using Joins, Sub queries, Inline views, hash and parallel hints.
- Worked as an application DBA including creating and managing tables, constraints, indexes, and materialized views and managing database.
- Wrote optimized SQL queries to access source data from RDBMS, and provided reports according to the requirements.
- Executed PL/SQL blocks using cursors, REF cursors, exception handling, Collections -Nested tables and index x of Table and Dynamic SQL.
- Experience in creating the tables and sequences for the experimental data load capture. Loaded the data into the tables using TOAD and SQL*Plus.
- Created metadata validation lookup tables and pre populated them using SQL Loader generator application.
- Optimized schema, performance, and capacity planning of various data transformation processes related to the reports.
- Tuned SQL Statements using Indexes and implemented the Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Generated daily and weekly monthly reports involving customized and on-demand reports using SSRS and also involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Provided technical support to internal developers and external clients.
- Generated reports, test data and tested database to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
Environment: PL/SQL, Erwin, SQL*PLUS, MS SQL Server 2005, Toad, MS VISIO, Microsoft (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).