- 7 years of experience as a Business analyst with 4 years hands on experience with Salesforce.com
- As a Business analysis has experience in requirement gathering and analysis, defining scope of a project, SWOT analysis, SDLCs, Agile methodologies, SRS documentation, project plan and strategic planning.
- Extensive experience in salesforce.com on setup, configuration, administration, data migration and integration tools like apex data loader etc.
- An expert in designing roles, profiles, page layout, record types, Assignment rules, workflow alerts, workflow approvals, outbound messaging, actions, dashboards and reports.
- Experience of data migration, upserts and updates using data loader.
- Proficient in designing of Custom objects, Custom components, Custom fields, Role based page layouts, Custom Tabs, Apex Classes, Controllers & Triggers, AppExchange Package & Custom Application and Sandbox data loading for implementing web services in the application for access to data from different users.
- Implemented various advanced fields like Pick lists, Custom Formula Fields, Many to Many Relationships, Lookups, Master - Details, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Work Flows, and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates & Email generation according to organization requirements.
- Good exposure to secure and sharing rules implementation in object, record and field level for different users of different levels of organization.
- Exquisite skill in Business analysis, data analysis, Requirement analysis and Business modelling.
- Wide exposure in different Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies (SCRUM).
- Knowledge and experience in Unified Modelling Language (UML) and use case design.
- An expert in creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) Document, Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Project planning, Risk analysis and management.
- Worked extensively on user requirements gathering, requirement analysis, Change control, GAP analysis, SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis.
- Experience in analyzing data using SAP, data visualization using tables, designing a star schema, data mining using trees (KMN, FP growth trees) and data analysis using a regression algorithm.
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases, writing SQL queries Create, select, update, joins, insert, delete etc.
- Basic knowledge on writing programs in PL/SQL using cursors, triggers, objects, XML, PSP (Pl/SQL Server Pages).
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented programming (C++ and Java).
- Exposure to Black box testing, End- t o- end testing, system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
CRM applications: Salesforce.com: Sales cloud, Service cloud Salesforce.com Appexchange
Business analysis: Requirement analysis, GAP analysis, SWOT analysis,cost estimations, Risk analysis, Risk management, Business process modelling, Strategy planning, Project planning, Functional and non functional requirements documentation, Srs documentation, Use case modelling, UML diagrams, data analysis, data visualization, SDLCs, AGILE (SCRUM, RUP) methodologies product backlogs and Sprint planning.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Microsoft access, My SQL, Aqua data studio, Relational databases
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML/CSS,XML
Operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , Unix
Tools: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010 , 2013, SalesForce, UML tools, Tableau, Rational rose
Salesforce.com Business Analyst
Environment: Salesforce.com platform, Data Loader, Apex Classes, Controllers, Triggers, relational databases, SQL
- Interacted with all the team members to gather the requirements and documented them.
- Scheduled and carried the meetings and walk through with project manager, development team members, quality analyst.
- Assistance in project planning and document the proposed project plan.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, 3rd party members and stakeholders for discussing open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features to assess the scope and impact on business needs throughout the analysis.
- Created custom fields for contractual and transactional information.
- Implemented pick lists, dependent pick lists, lookups, master detail relationships, validation and formula fields to the custom objects.
- Created page layouts, search layouts to organize fields, custom links, related lists, and other components on a record detail and edit pages.
- Created workflow rules and defined related tasks, time triggered tasks, email alert, filed updates to implement business logic.
- Created approval process, reports, dashboards, approval page layouts and defined approval actions on them to automate the processes.
Salesforce Business Analyst/Administrator
Environment: Salesforce.com - Sales and Service, Data loader, Sandbox data
- Involved in the project to understand the scope of the project, business needs and objectives of the system.
- Interacted with end users and stakeholders to gather the technical requirements for the integrated system.
- Interacted with different teams and to get the knowledge of complete application process for better application development, to understand the business process and system.
- Created and managed User Roles, Profiles, Permissions, and Role Hierarchies, Public Groups, Security Controls, and Shared Settings.
- Created Custom Fields, Custom Reports, Field help, Custom Formulas, and Field History Tracking.
- Defined Workflows and set up Workflow Rules, Tasks and Alerts and created Workflow Approvals.
- Customized Applications, Page Layouts, Lookup Fields, Standard Related Lists, Tabs, and defined dependent Pick Lists.
- Customized Dashboards to track project status and performance of business centers.
- Participated in JAD sessions for requirement gathering, analysis, and design.
- Used Data Loader for insert, update, upsert, and bulk import or export of data from Salesforce Objects. Used it to read, extract and load data from comma separated value (CSV) files.
- Participated actively in project planning and documented the project plan, functional and non functional requirements.
Salesforce Business Analyst
Environment: Salesforce.com - Sales and Service, Data loader
- Involved in meetings with client to understand the scope and business needs of the project.
- Involved in designing business process and project planning.
- Interacted with the stakeholders and analyzed the current process.
- Interacted with stakeholders and end users to gather the functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Documented requirement analysis, project plan and sprint planning.
- Created process based custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record level workflow rules and related tasks and roles.
- Implemented pick lists, dependent pick lists, master detail relationships, validation and formula fields to the custom objects.
- Created triggers based on time and criteria, email alerts, criteria based email automation.
- Analyzed and created reports and dashboards.
Environment: Salesforce.com - Sales and Marketing cloud
- Involved in a team size of 10- 12 and implemented full software life cycle.
- Developed custom roles and profiles, maintained user profiles and role hierarchy.
- Created triggers on salesforce.com accounts for sending an automated email.
- Performed client data conversions and dealt with, any issues related to data conversions from previous versions.
- Involved in Requirements gathering with multiple project managers, in an effort to better customize, and utilize the full functionality of the Salesforce.com CRM solution.
- Involved in preparing the complete Documentation of Work flow for Salesforce.
- Worked on maintaining the functional areas of accounts, contacts, leads, campaigns, opportunities, quotes, activities and Dashboards.
- Customized the dashboards to monitor lead activities based on sales geography.
Associate, Business Analyst
Environment: Relational databases, SQL, Rational rose
- Involved in functional requirement gathering, Business Analysis, scope definition and designing of functional solutions.
- Created project plan by breaking a project into smaller modules and worked directly with clients and members throughout the life cycle.
- Represented the Support team, in project meetings for new applications and solutions, communicate support requirements.
- Provided technical and business support for web applications.
- Prepared test cases and solutions for web applications.
- Worked with other functional teams including marketing, development, and product management to improve client satisfaction across multiple dimensions, as needed.
- Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) Document, Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Project planning, Risk analysis and management.
- Designed Use cases and UML modelling of processes and followed the SCRUM team.
- Documented product backlog, sprint planning.
- Implemented GAP analysis, SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis on projects.