An Agile data driven team builder with an appetite for challenging situations and has applied motivational and influential process innovations as a hands - on technical project manager with over 20 years’ experience managing budgets more than $100M over a variety of industries.
- C-Suite Strategic Executive Management Consulting (COO, CTO, CIO, CRO, CISO), Business Development, Strategic Operations, Information Security, Solutions Architecture, Data driven BI and Predictive Analytics.
- PMO development, Configuration and Change Management Office, IT / IS Service Management, Cross-Functional DevOps, Vendor Management, Contract SOW and RFP Management/Development, RUP, Agile, Scrum Master, Kanban, Kaizen, PMP, ACP, CMII, ITIL, ITSM, ALM, SDLC, CSM, PSM.
- PMO, Finance and Budgets, Dev/Ops, InfoSec Strategy | Master Data Management: Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Big Data | Security: IS Management, Asset Protection, Control Limits, Preventative Audits | Innovation: Predictive Analytics, Big Data, BI, Solutions Architecture, Technology, Design, People.
BPM/Requirements: JAD, Mind Mapping, Delphi
Project Management (PMI): PMBOKv5, Bottom-Up, 3-Point, Reserve Analysis, Critical Chain, Earned Value, Cost of Quality, Total Quality Management, RAM/RACI, EMV Risk Analysis
Process & Delivery Management: CMDB, ALM, SDLC, TA, Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Iterative, Prototyping, Spiral, RAD, Extreme, Scrum, SOA, Cloud, Mobile, ITIL, ITSM, LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, CMII, ServiceNow, Atlassian Suite | Scripting Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP
Build: ANT, Maven
Automation: Chef, Puppet
Database: SQL (SQLServer, Oracle, MYSql)
OOP: Java (Struts/Spring), C++, C#, VB
Platforms: X86(Windows/Linux), POWER7(AIX), Linux(RH)
Storage: SAN, NAS
Virtualization: VMWare, IBM LPAR
Database: Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, Access
App Servers: Websphere, Tomcat, IIS
PM/CM/Development: MS Project, Eclipse, RAD, Visual Studio, ANT, Maven, Atlassian Suite(Jira, Confluence), SharePoint
ECM: FileNet, Documentum, Taskspace, Webtop, XCP
BI/Analytics/BPM/Workflow: Cognos, SharePoint, IBMMQ/Workflow, BizTalk, Google
InfoSec: CyberArk, ServiceNow, AirWatch, SCCM, Red Seal, SPLUNK, Active Directory.
Executive Vice President
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Create a cloud based, mobile (Android and iOS), IoT and IoH, scalable software product architecture enabling cost affordable real-time predictive analytics.
- Personally, kicked off Management Consulting practice focusing on Project Management and Technical management consulting.
- Market Evaluation and Strategic Forecasting, Proposal Management, Client Relationship Management, Accountable to maintain traction, accelerate growth, develop partnerships and channels and maintain stewardship of the corporate brand.
- Focus on Internal Process (Agile/Scrum leveraging Atlassian Jira and Confluence with Bitbucket and Slack), Data Architecture and Analysis (Using cloud based Data Marts, Data Warehouse, ETL, MS SQL Server, Hadoop, Power BI).
- Heavily involved in weekly cross-functional team building including C-Level, Business Development, UI/UX, Back End, and Engineering.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Reported directly to Confidential National Managers in Information Technology, Product Development, and Sales & Marketing.
- Performed 4 major functions: Project Manager, Contract Development and Vendor Management, IT/IS Governance, Digital Marketing and Data Analysis.
- Established PMI business best practice, Introduced Agile Scrum & Kanban (previously running waterfall RUP), created the project management infrastructure, deliverables, and process.
- Led and developed vendor contact with a cross functional team consisting of Legal, IT, Product, and Marketing leads to draft contract from scratch.
- Major emphasis on Infrastructure Security and Data Privacy including ISO-9001, PII, PCI DSS, DDOS QOS, and Pen-Testing.
- Worked with Confidential business & legal to select vendor, develop business case, MSA, and SOW. Worked with Sales & Marketing to develop eCommerce program. goals, KPI’s, digital marketing plan, governance, data management and analytics plan.
Technical Integration Specialist
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Global IS Asset Management & Continuous Delivery Program, major recovery effort following catastrophic security breach.
- Reported to Global Executive Director Steering Committee.
- Led cross-functional team of on and off shore IT and Business stakeholders to define, design, document, develop, test and gain approval of functioning feasibility proof of concept using ServiceNow, CyberArk, AirWatch, MS SAM, and Custom Java all on a hybrid cloud secured via a multi-tier DMZ.
- The solution enabled a top-down-bottom-up automated CI discovery, enterprise and end-point asset management, relationship mapping and impact analysis, as well as a new automated continuous delivery and infrastructure provisioning operating model.
Principal Consultant: Senior Technical Portfolio, Program and Project (3P) Manager
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Reported directly to the CIO of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), managed a team size of 50 team members, authored and managed many RFP and SOW. | Operational Governance
- Implemented PMI based PMO, ITIL/ITSM based Change and Configuration Management, Agile based SCRUM SDLC and DevOps cross-functional communication, and Master Data Management, as well as providing direct authoritative and definitive technical, process, operational and compliance guidance to business and IS / IT stakeholders.
- Accountable for Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Program Status Reports, Executive Program Summary & Forecasting, Risks, Milestones, EVA, WIP, Budget/Burn Rate, Resources and Procurements.
- Strategic executive level meetings, mid-management and technical staff meetings requiring extensive visual, written and verbal presentation preparation and material generation. Maintained direct and successful relationship with the LAPD sponsor and Los Angeles City Council Members in both the budget, finance and public safety committees.
- Responsible for the original TEAMSII Infrastructure and Data architecture, Application & Software Development, Configuration & Change Management, and overall System QoS. (2) LAPD Data Center Relocation, Infrastructure Consolidation, virtualization, Private Cloud Architecture, and Disaster Recovery.
- Developed/Architected entire physical infrastructure including distributed development, test, staging, production, and DR site.
- This include technical documentation: configuration management plan, technology & infrastructure specification, security management plan, the master data management plan including BI architecture and Cognos BI Reporting.
- N-Tier, J2EE STRUTS MVC, SPRING, Cactus, ANT, Oracle VPD RDBMS, OLTP, Star Schema data warehouse, analytical formulations and rule based dynamic thresholds using custom Java and Cognos BI, IBM WebSphere, MQ, MQWorkflow, EMC Documentum.
- Managed on-off shore IT Project Management of data center engineers, development team, systems and business analysts, and help desk to gather business requirements, conduct test-driven software development, automated configuration management, infrastructure configuration and maintenance, software builds, production application deployment and post-deployment operational support.
- Worked with cross-functional DevOps team to develop and implement CMDB, BSR, Configuration Cookbooks, Business & Tech. Requirements, vendor and technical assessments, compatibility and interoperability checklists, target architecture, data center migration plan, data center migration execution and post move operational support.
- Architected, Implemented, and Managed New Private Cloud: 3 data centers migrated into 1 new target production data center with 2 DR sites, over 50 individual physical servers migrated into 2 separate VPC, 1 mega VMWare vSphere environment replaced 30 stand-alone Windows/Linux servers, 6 individual SANs combined into 1 shared data pool, More than 30 unique production line of business services.
- Consolidation of multiple data centers, modernization of aging infrastructure, transition from traditional client-server to shared services private cloud and microservices.
- Reduce operational costs and expenditures required to support aging evergreened architecture, middleware and application technology.
- Decrease number of unplanned outages and increase SLA uptimes.
- Decrease architectural complexity and Streamline and consolidate infrastructure management.
- Resolve capacity problems plaguing both storage and compute by allowing for scalable architecture.