- SAP Business Intelligence Consultant with over 4 years of experiences in various technologies relating to Business Intelligence.
- Experienced working on multiple versions of SAP Business Objects i.e XIR 3.1, and XIR 4.0.
- Worked in top media and health care industries with vast knowledge of business models and data flow .
- Hands on experience with development of multiple reports in Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Xcelsius (Dashboards) and Crystal Reports.
- Administered Business Objects XIR 3.1 and XIR 4.0 environments.
- Proficiency in SQL language utilized for development of reports and universes.
- Strong knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts, snow flake schemas, multi star schemas, extended star schemas etc.
- Experienced in customer interactions for requirement gathering, working closely with clients and gathering business level information to be utilized to create universes, reports for ad - hoc and canned reporting usage.
- Worked closely in creating test cases, performing UAT and testing reports and universes to ensure quality delivery.
- Assisted in creating ETL Jobs for Informatica and Data Stage tools to capture ideal data for reporting and archiving purposes.
- Worked on multiple database systems including Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL Server, IBM Db2.
- Being a key project player, observed multiple full Life Cycle for projects, which included Requirement Analysis, Planning, Designing, Development, Test and Roll-Out / Go Live.
- Good analytical and documentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Managed onsite and offshore teams for Production Support activities as well as for development projects.
- Proactive person with good teamwork and collaboration capabilities, with strong interpersonal skills to ensure maximum performance and maintaining a good work environment.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2005/2008 , Red Hat Linux, Unix (AIX)
Business Intelligence Tools: SAP BO XIR 3.1, 4.0, Crystal Reports, Xcelcius
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2 9.7/9.8, MS-Access
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C++
ETL Tools: IBM DataStage, InformaticaOther Tools: HPSM, QC, Remedy, Lotus Notes, Ms-Office Package, Outlook, Visio, Toad, SQL Developer, Sql Assistant, Service Now
Business Objects Lead/Admin
- Involved in gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for business object universes and reports.
- Lead Offshore and Onsite teams for coordinated development and Production Support activities.
- Managed User level securities across all three environments, Development, QA (Quality Assurance) and Production.
- Managed Folder structures for Report level and Universe Level within Business Objects.
- Managed multiple access levels on all environments.
- Worked with LCM (life cycle manager) and Import wizard for migration of content between environments.
- Utilized Import wizard for taking weekly BIAR backups for all Reports and Universes.
- Worked extensively to ensure proper scheduling times for all reports, Including but not limited to reports sent to user inbox, and emails.
- Worked with Publication for Webi Reports.
- Managed Application level access, Connections and Events for Production server.
- Involved in troubleshooting for developers in case of report level / SQL code level issues.
- Leveraged multiple teams to co-ordinate efforts ensuring maximum uptime.
- Involved in Data-Analysis, Data-Digging for resolving / answering data level issues to the end-clients.
- Worked closely with BI Architects to in corporate server level changes.
- Involved in Testing SAP BI 4.0 Upgrade, Testing client end tools, including Launch Pad, IDT, Designer and Xcelsius 2011.
Environment: Business Objects 4.0, XIR 3.1 with Infoview, Oracle 11g, Teradata 12, MS-SQL Server, MS-Office 2010, Windows 7 .
Business Objects Consultant
- Involved in multiple sessions with Business Users to understand and capture Business Level requirements for reporting needs.
- Collaborated with Business Analyst, Data Modelers, DBAs to ensure data flow and match requirements for reporting needs.
- Created several Webi reports, Deski reports and Dashboard reports for graphical presentation.
- Coordinated L1, L2 and L3 support team members.
- Analyzed user requirements. Find solutions to technical issues; extend technical assistance.
- Improved support process and procedures.
- Optimized and enhanced some of the existing reports to reduce processing time.
- Developed reports using filters, prompts, sorts, groups, subtotals, free hand SQL and multiple data providers.
- Worked extensively with (@select, @aggregate aware, @where, and @prompt) to overcome the problems with database when integrating with Business Objects
- Creating aliases, contexts and short cuts joins by resolving loops, cardinalities and integrity checks of the universe.
- Set up Aggregate Awareness to enhance the performance of SQL transactions.
- Tuned the reports for better performance using SQL.
- Conducted Business Objects and Web Intelligence training session to train the users.
- Elaborated Service Level Agreements among support team leaders.
Environment: Business Objects XIR3.1, Oracle 9i, Teradata 11, IBM DB2, MS-Windows XP, Remedy, Ms-Office 2007.