- 9+ years of experience in MS SQL Server Development, Business Intelligence, System Analysis, Design, and Testing in various projects.
- Experience in diverse domains such as Finance (Loans and Lease systems), Healthcare eligibility system (Medicare and Medicaid environment), Data Governance, Master Data Management (MDM), Claims administration and Premium data analytics.
- Advanced level of experience in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014
- Experience with Data warehouse/Data Mart, OLAP and OLTP database design, creation, reporting and implementations teamed with project scope.
- Strong knowledge of best practices used for Data visualization, Dashboards and BI reporting.
- Generated several reports using Business Intelligence tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, QlikView and Crystal Reports.
METHODOLOGY: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall
AVAILABLE: Two weeks from the date of acceptance
SOFTWARE: SQL, C, C++, UNIX, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Qlik (QlikView), Crystal Reports
LANGUAGES: Business Intelligence Development studio (BIDS), Microsoft Office 2010, Toad for DB2, Informatica, Data Studio for DB2, Oracle SQL Developer
RDBMS: MS SQL Server / 2008 R, Oracle, DB2
Sr. Business Intelligence Lead
- Reconciliation Lead for Data Delivery Team which involves validating data between different source and consumer systems such as Y - 9C, Liquidity, Treasury, TAX, Credit Risk, 14Q, 14A.
- Collected requirements from the consumers and prepared documentation such as Business Requirement Documentation (BRD).
- For reconciliation, created several tables, functions, views and stored procedures as well as wrote complex queries to mimic the lifecycle of the entire data flow from the ultimate Source which is the upstream database into the downstream for final reporting.
- Designed and developed complex ETL structures to extract, transform and load data from multiple users.
- Modified the existing stored procedures to get the new functionality depending on the client requirement.
- Provided expertise in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning wizard, maintenance, troubleshooting and Query optimization skills to the DBAs.
- Wrote complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views, Common Table Expression (CTE) and Cursors.
- Partitioned very large tables to reduce workload on system and improve performance in SQL Server Database.
- With the help of Qlik NPrinting created Reports and rendered into PDF format.
- Scheduled Reports for consumers using NPrinting.
- Created SQL indexes for better performance of the databases.
- Performed security updates for all user types and responsible for Clustering.
- Executed and extracted data extracts for users using SQL developer on weekly basis by creating custom SQL queries to provide detailed results.
- Created dashboards usingQliksenseextension objects and mashups.
- Building the Qlik Sense Advanced Mashups and Themes.
- Loaded data in Dimension Tables in SQL Server using SSIS Packages.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Worked with various tasks of SSIS include Transform Data Task, Execute SQL Task, Active Script Task etc.
- Used the Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Column, Row count transformation and event handlers control flow to populate the tables with high level SSIS package execution results.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (DB2), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Skilled in error and event handling: precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check points and Logging.
- Interpreted complex/nested SQL queries Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies.
- Installed and configuredQlikView setup on various desktops.
- As a Reporting Lead, worked closely with the off shore team to give report requirements and build QlikView reports.
- Worked on Qlik Server and Publisher, to manage user access, schedule refreshing of documents, mount completed applications.
- Developed and maintained QlikView (QVD) files.
- Created reports usingQlik functionalities for interactive dashboards that consisted several charts, ‘band’ over report and page level.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development,Qlik reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Created and published syndicated Tableau Dashboards.
- Created Static and Dynamic Sets and used Parameters to control them in Tableau
- Created various types of Waterfall chart and constructed Heat Map Charts using Tableau
- Wrote Table calculations, created multiple joins and built Storylines and Trend lines for executive reports using Tableau.
- Used LOD Expressions to run complex queries involving many dimensions at the data source level instead of pulling all data to Tableau interface.
- Used Context Filters and Condition filters to improve performance and create dependent numerical filter while creating reports in Tableau.
- Experience in coordinating with Business Consumers as well as conduct daily status call to coordinate work with the off shore team.
- Communicated solutions and followed processes to keep client up to date on system developments.
- Also played a part in data governance, ensured delivery of accurate data as per the company’s policies, effectively managing risks, increasing efficiency, meeting Regulatory requirements.
- Documented and communicated technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables were understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
Environment: T-SQL Server, SSIS, Microsoft Office 2010, Qlik, Tableau, Oracle SQL Developer
Business Intelligence Lead
- Built and delivered architecture with ETL process for data coming from Connecticut’s Integrated Eligibility System through staging area into the Presentation Layer to be used by Business Users.
- Contributed to the effective Data Governance of EMPI’s business data. This included building a logic to extract data from legacy source system, data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management surrounding the handling of business data.
- Designed the architecture for reporting service.
- Participated in full life-cycle data warehouse activities from inception to deployment.
- Lead business process and workflow mapping/analysis using data capture and modeling technologies, methods and tools.
- Participated in design review sessions with stakeholders and application developers.
- Gathered and translated business requirements into specifications that were further utilized to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Contributed in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements.
- Developed intuitive and informative executive-level dashboards with the appropriate depth of interactivity using Static and Dynamic sets in Tableau.
- Performed Analytics and Data mining in Tableau.
- Used Trend Lines to predict the continuation of certain trend of a variables and Forecasting to predict the future value of variables in Tableau.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Produced customized visualizations of data to support the decision processes of your stakeholders using Tableau.
- Created Dashboard reports using Histogram, Bubble Charts, Motion Charts and waterfall Charts.
- Combined multiple levels of Table calculations and created powerful Storylines for Presentations for executives using Tableau.
- Involved in the migration of OBIEE reports toQlik and created better visualization as per the business requirements.
- Built, customized and published interactive reports for the executive using QlikView.
- Created Dashboards with different style using Qlik components like List Box, Slider, Buttons, charts and Bookmarks.
- Designed, developed and lead other developers to automate manual processes, saving time and money while decreasing errors.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Implemented complex ETL concepts including lookups, SCD1 and SCD2.
- Designed Informatica B2B parsers that involved parsing complex source reports in .txt format.
- Reviewed and made recommendations to update data model diagrams and associated documentation following established guidelines and formats.
- Participated in discussions with COBOL team to translate codes of legacy reports into DB2 codes for SSRS reports.
- Used IBM Data Studio to create codes for reports in DB2, and then used these codes as datasets in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) by making a connection using OLE DB for DB2 as a driver.
- Created and customized parameterized reports using Data-driven Subscriptions in SSRS Report Manager.
- Created stored procedures, tables, views, functions via SQL Server Management Studio 2012.
- Created SQL tables with cluster and non-clustered indexes on columns and created various database objects such as tables, indexes and views based on the requirement.
- Advised the client on best practice and be able to suggest and deliver product enhancements.
Environment: T-SQL Server, IBM Data Studio, Toad for DB2, SSRS, SSIS, Informatica, Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft Office 2010
Programmer Analyst / BI Developer
- Designed, tested, implemented and maintained the data warehouse.
- Created and managed company data warehouse and OLAP cubes for aggregating data and executive reporting for performing drilldown and analysis.
- Transferred data between DataMart and data warehouse using Bill Inmon as well as Ralph Kimball methodologies in SSAS.
- Used Analysis Services Multidimensional and Data Mining for creating cubes.
- Wrote DAX/MDX queries for front-end applications and created KPI Objects.
- Created SSRS and Tableau reports by extracting data from SSAS cubes.
- Created Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models, and deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Involved in writing MDX queries and performance optimization of the SSAS cubes.
- Built efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex Transforms and type 1 and type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Created SSIS templates for implementing re-usable logic and error-handling capabilities within SSIS packages.
- Used Lookup Transformation to get the data from reference data sets.
- Created several SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development studio (BIDS) to extract data from Excel sheets, as well as from OLTP systems, and loaded into staging databases.
- Stored connection information in SQL table when migration of SSIS Package was required.
- Reviewed codes and documentation of ETL procedures.
- Designed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.
- Created different types of reports, including Cross-tab, Tabular, Charts, graphs, Sub reports, Drill-down reports with cascading parameter prompts, and Subscription Reports using SSRS.
- Built Claim forms using Sub Reports in SSRS.
- Used SSRS to print Notices and generate checks.
- Generated SSRS reports using graphs, images, and KPI indicators.
- Deployed SSRS reports using Report Manager and scheduled the reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, including current status.
- Created and maintained analytical dashboard and ad-hoc reports using Tableau.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/ SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects withinTableauDesktop
- Used Custom filters while designing Tableau reports, and improved the performance of Tableau.
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Edited Metadata used Data Joining, Data Blending, Functions and Operators in Tableau.
- Created Forecasting reports using Tableau’s exponential smoothing by capturing the evolving trend.
- Developed, analyzed and executed queries using SQL server to provide ad hoc report through Citrix and RedGate.
- Experience in creating reports using the Expense Management System.
- Created Schemas, Logins, Tables, Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures, as well as Common Table Expressions (CTE) and temporary tables.
- Created several SQL Server objects like stored procedures, Functions, Tables and Views in SQL Server Management Studio (2008R2/2012).
- Generated several T- SQL scripts to meet the ad hoc requirements.
- Worked closely with the Architect, project managers, analysts, the DBA team, and with other onsite and offsite programmers.
Environment: T-SQL Server 2008R2 / 2012, SQL Profiler, SSAS, SSIS, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Tableau, Microsoft Office 2010
SQL Server / BI Developer
- Migrated SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2
- Created data queries and reports using QlikView, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, and Excel.
- Built the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Played a major role in production support of SSAS cube and SSIS jobs.
- Designed and deployed cubes in SSAS environment, incorporating Dimensional Star Schema Designs. Users could conveniently browse the aggregated data within the deployed cube using MS Excel.
- Involved in writing MDX queries and performance optimization of the SSAS cubes.
- Used Data Transformation Services (DTS), an SQL Server extract, transform, and loading (ETL) tool, to populate data from various data sources, and created packages for different data loading operations for the application.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File to Flat File and Flat File to SQL Server using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Built reports usingReport Designerand embedded reports directly toASP.Netapplication.
- Useddata driven subscriptionto specify distribution of reports.
- UsedReport Viewerto link and display SSRS reports within an application.
- Created several drill-down and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Configured SSRS reports forscale out deployment.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers, tables and views.
- Developed SSIS packages to load data from application database and general ledger into Sales data mart.
- Created SSIS Templates for implementing re-usable logic and error-handling capabilities within SSIS packages.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities, including database consistency check and index defragmentation.
- Generated data reports using QlikView.
- Created custom queries/reports designed for quality verification and information sharing.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and supported QlikView dashboards. Integrated data sources and databases with QlikView, and designed and developed data models and backend queries for presenting data.
- Created PDF push reports and setup email distribution on QlikView Publisher.
- Configured and monitored database application.
- Assisted the Frontend Team, QA and Production teams.
Environment: T-SQL Server 2008R2, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, QlikView, Microsoft Office 2010
SQL Server Developer/ Graduate Assistant
- Maintained database and wrote queries from the back end using MS SQL Server 2008R2 with the help of .NET developer team to provide student records on the Computer Science portal.
- Monitored, troubleshot and performance tuned SQL Servers and applications.
- Developed Backup and Recovery procedures for Production and Database Servers.
- Wrote scripts to schedule in tasks in SQL Server.
- Created and maintained Backups as well as restored databases and devices.
- Created Triggers, Stored Procedures, Tables, Indexes, Rules and Defaults.
- Generated report template in order to view student performance on the computer Science portal using SSRS.
- Created Dashboard reports using charts and KPI indicators in SSRS.
- Troubleshot and fine-tuned the databases.
Environment: T-SQL Server 2008R2, SSRS, Microsoft Office
- Managed database and performed backups and upgrades with Oracle 9i.
- Configured and monitored database application.
- Assisted the Frontend, QA and Production Teams.
- Worked with Client/Server tools such as SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer the SQL Server.
- Maintained the referential integrity of the database.
- Created tables, indexes and constraints, functions and stored procedures
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Troubleshot ODBC and OLEDB issues between the application and the server.
Environment: T-SQL Server, Oracle 9i