- More than 12 years of professional experience as a BI developer/consultant in implementing Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Business Intelligence Reporting and Analytics using, Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL Server, as backend databases on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Comprehensive experience in BI & OLAP tools like IBM Cognos Analytics (C11)/Cognos BI 10.2.2 (Report Studio, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Workspace advanced, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, PowerPlay Transformer), Cognos Planning 8.3, and ETL tools Informatica, and IBM Data Manager/Decision Stream.
- Experience in building sophisticated metadata models from various data sources using Cognos Framework Manager and used Cognos Transformer to build Multidimensional Cubes. Maintaining and Support Analyst Models and Contributor Applications using the Cognos Planning environment.
- Experience in Metadata Migration from Cognos ReportNet/Cognos 10 BI to Cognos Analytics and troubleshoot issues for Business Partners, End Users and provide accurate data for day - to-day decision-making.
- Made Data Mart and Data Warehousing design recommendations for enhancements and alterations, based upon issues discovered during business requirements.
- Experience in effectively applying, implementing and enforcing Agile SCRUM principles to set project tasks and project priorities.
- Worked on complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, which includes analyzing business needs, document business information requirements, technical designs, development, integrating, Implementation and Production Support using Cognos BI tools.
- Experience in creating Power BI reports.
- Experience in functional applications like Healthcare, Medical, Insurance and Financial areas.
- Experience in various Mappings, Mapplets, Transformations, scheduling the Sessions and Batches for ETL process using Informatica client tools.
- Experience in implementation of Stored Procedures, and views using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Excellent Analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
DSS/BI Tools: IBM Cognos Analytics 11.1 6, Dashboard, Data Module, and Cognos 10.2.2 (DQM, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace Advanced, Query Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection). IBM Cognos Series 7.4/7.1 (PowerPlay, Transformer, Power Play Enterprise Server) IBM Cognos Enterprise Planning Series 8.3/7.3 (Analyst/Contributor). Microsoft Power BI
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1.1, IBM Decision Stream 7.1/Data Manager 8.3.
Methodologies: Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Agile, Waterfall
Databases: Oracle 12/10g/9i/8i/7.x, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Snowflake
OS: Windows 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2, 2003, UNIX.
Senior Data Engineer
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and work with various business units to determine business requirements for reports, dashboards, and analytical capabilities.
- Responsible for investigating advanced Cognos Analytics V11.1.6 to provide new functionality and performance improvements to current Cognos Reports
- Effectively supported the enterprise reporting solutions and provided continuous support to business users in leveraging self-service Cognos Analytics capabilities and improved efficiency and productivity.
- Promoted best practices, prepared and implemented Cognos BI Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to streamline the reporting process.
- Strengthened Cognos Framework Manager modeling experience due to the utilization of Cognos BI Best Practices. This included activities such as adding Determinants into Framework model where necessary, eliminating loop joins, custom SQL queries, modeling metadata as a star/snowflake schema, and so forth.
- Created complex reports and different types of reports as a list, crosstab, visualization, sections, master-detail, page breaks, conditional formatting, conditional blocking, cascading-multiple prompts, filters, multi-page, multiple queries, sub queries, drill-through features against multiple data source by using Cognos 11 Analytics and Cognos BI Report studio.
- For testing the reports and data validation developed appropriate SQL queries.
- Developed PL/SQL Stored Procedures and views for complex reports.
- Responsible for Cognos Administrator tasks such as Reports management, Security settings, Scheduling, creating User Groups, Roles and Security Filters in Framework Manager Model, maintained Packages, and Reports deployments from one environment to another as well as setting up the Audit database and Audit reports usage.
- Migrated particular set of Cognos Analytics reports from Cognos 32 Bit Compatibility Query Mode (CQM) to 64 Bit Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) and Framework Manager Model conversions.
- Involved in design and development of ETL process using Informatica Designer, and Workflow monitor.
- Developed Informatica mapping, mapplets, and worked on various transformations.
Environment: Cognos Analytics V11.1.6, Cognos 10.2.2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Connection), Teradata, Oracle 12, 10g/9i, TOAD, Informatica 10/9.5.0 and Windows 2016/2012, UNIX. Power BI,Snowflake.
Cognos BI Developer
- Provided recommendations for strategic business decisions, managing stakeholder expectations, and analyzed complex multiple data sources to make sure it meets all reporting requirements.
- Worked on Cognos 10 Business Insight Advanced for creation of various Dashboards and Reports.
- Developed complex reports using page breaks, master-detail, multi pages, sub queries, multi queries, cascading prompts, conditional formatting, conditional blocking and drill-through features.
- Designed and developed the complex Cognos Framework Manager Metadata Model to support future growth for reporting requirements.
- Created Cognos Transformer Models and generate various Power Cubes from Packages, Reports, and IQD’s as data sources.
- Successfully implemented incremental Cube updates and developed complex Report Net reports based on fiscal calendar.
- Created Directory Entries based Burst reports and implemented row level security based upon the value such that a user sees only rows that are allowed.
- Created D-cubes, D-links, D-lists, File Maps, Saved Selections, Allocation Tables, Saved Formats and Macros for the Analyst Models.
- Developed and Deployed Contributor Applications.
- Analyzed, Designed, Modification and Implementation of Cognos Decision Stream Dimensions, Facts and Hierarchic Build.
- The Data Warehouse databases designed with Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Performed Cognos Administrator tasks and involved in production support on call.
Environment: Cognos 10.1.1/Cognos 8.3/Cognos Report Net 1.1 MR2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Business insight, Business insight advanced, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, Power Play Transformer, Access Manager), Cognos Planning 7.1/8.3, Cognos Decision Stream 7.1/Data Manager 8.3, Oracle 10g/9i, TOAD and Windows 2003.