- Over 7 years in Information Technology with Expertise in Data modeling for Data Warehouse/Data Mart development, Data Analysis for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications ( IBM Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView).
- Exposure in overallSDLCincluding requirementgathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production supportand Extensive experience in Project Management methodologies, Microsoft SQL Server database management, OBIEE.
- Involved in various projects related toData Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Facilitated data requirement meetings with business and technical stakeholders and resolved conflicts to drive decisions.
- Worked extensively on Erwin and ER Studio in several projects in bothOLAP and OLTPapplications.
- Practical understanding of theData modeling(Dimensional & Relational)concepts like Star - Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Experience with modern scalable data warehouses (Google BigQuery/AWS Redshift)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I & II in Dimension tables as per the requirements.
- Created complex Data Visualization Dashboards and reports using Tableau and Google Data studio.
- Familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production Support teams, Subject Matter Experts, Database Administrators and Database developers
- Good understanding ofviews, Synonyms, Indexes, Joins and Partitioning.
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Alteryx, Microsoft SSIS and Informatica.
- Created, documented and maintained logical and physical database models in compliance with enterprise standards and maintained corporate metadata definitions for enterprise data stores within a metadata repository.
- Experience in creating scripts to fetch data from No SQL database like MongoDB.
- Established and maintained comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes and data relationships.
- Developed mapping spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to target data mapping with physical naming standards, data types, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and established track record of client interactions.
Business Modeling: Microsoft Visio
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
Databases: SQL Server 2008, Teradata V2R5.x/6.x/7.x/12.x, Oracle Toad 10, Oracle SQL Developer 2.1.1, MS Access
Document management: Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit
Defect management tool: HP Quality center 10.0
Methodologies: Data Modeling - Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/Snow flake Schema, ETL, OLAP, Complete Software Development Lifecycle, CMMI Compliance, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative.
BI Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
ETL Tool: Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Data modeling: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Blended technical and business knowledge with communication skills to bridge the gap between internal business and technical objectives and serve as an IT liaison with the business user constituents.
- Met with Customers to determineUser requirementsandBusiness Goals
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather requirements, performed Use Case and workflowanalysis, outlined business rules, and developed domain object models
- PerformedData AnalysisandData validationby writing complex SQL queries using TOAD against the ORACLE database.
- Documented Data Lineage in Microsoft Visio to get visual representations of Process and Work/Dataflow.
- Developed the naming conventions and taxonomy standards in Microsoft Visio dat served as a starting point for other subsequent teams standing up a Data Governance program.
- Implemented Data Governance using Excel and Collibra.
- Worked on configuration of Collibra for data governance.
- Experience implementing Collibra to automate data management processes.
- Performed an end-to-end Data Lineage assessment and documentation for select CDEs.
- Worked with Finance, Risk, and Investment Accounting teams to create Data Governance glossary, Data Governance framework and Process flow diagrams.
- Analyzed data lineage processes to identify vulnerable data points, control gaps, data quality issues, and overall lack of data governance.
- Created aconceptual designbased on the interaction with the functional and technical team.
- Analyzed the existing data model and incorporated new additions for the advancement data into the data model identifying thecardinalityof the new tables to the existing tables and ensure properreferential integrityof the system
- Analyzed, created and formatted the Reports as per Business Requirements.
- Analyzed and created variousadhoc Reportsfor users based on User Requirements.
- Created bothlistanddrill down reportsidentifying the data hierarchy
- Performedreport validationwriting SQL queries using TOAD on an Oracle database.
- Createdprocess documents,reporting specsandtemplates, training material and slideshow presentations for the application development teams and managements.
- Worked extensively in documenting theSource to Target Mappingdocuments with data transformation logic.
- Interact with the SMEs toanalyzethedata extractsfromLegacy Systems(Mainframes and COBOL Files) and determine the element source, format and its integrity within the system
- Transformation of requirements into data structures which can be used toefficiently store, manipulate and retrieve information.
- Collaborate with data modelers, ETL developers in the creating theData Functional Design documents.
- Ensure dat models conform to establishedbest practices(including normalization rules) and accommodate change in a cost-TEMPeffective and timely manner.
- Created and maintained specifications and process documentation to produce the required data deliverables (data profiling, source to Client maps, flows).
- Worked in collaboration with various areas of the organization, identified additionalstakeholder Requirements, andDocumented requirementsin aSoftware Requirements Specification document.
- Createduse cases, activity diagramsandstate diagramsusingRational Rose.
Environment: Collibra, Jira, Oracle 10g,SQL, Windows,MicroStrategy,MS Visio, MS Project, Informatica.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Gather the various reporting requirement from the business analysts.
- Business units; Participated in JAD sessions involving the discussion of various reporting needs.
- Reverse engineered the reports and identified the Data Elements (in the source systems), Dimensions, Facts and Measures required for new enhancements of reports.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate Data Mart at the lowest level of grain for each of the Dimensions involved.
- Designed a STAR schema for the detailed data marts and Plan data marts involving confirmed dimensions.
- Created and maintained the Data Model repository as per company standards.
- Conduct Design reviews with the business analysts and content developers to create a proof of concept for the reports.
- Ensured the feasibility of the logical and physical design models;
- Collaborated with the Reporting Team to design Monthly Summary Level Cubes to support the further aggregated level of detailed reports.
- Validated monthly financial data from Yardi and salesforce using cognos and Tableau Tools to prepare monthly P&L report (Combined Balance Sheet and Income Statement) along with variance analysis for all regions with different funding.
- Manage, update, automated and documented various reporting process and models for Asset Management group using Excel, Tableau & Alteryx.
- Worked on the Snow-flaking the Dimensions to remove redundancy.
- Designed Sales Hierarchy dimensions to handle sales hierarchy reporting historically and dynamically
- Worked with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from the design to the implementation phase
- Developed and Published Packages using Cognos Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects.
- Trained the power users to build reports using Cognos Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Worked closely with the ETL SSIS Developers to explain the complex Data Transformation using Logic
- Created ETL Jobs and Custom Transfer Components to move data from Oracle Source Systems to SQL Server using SSIS.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g,Sql Server 2005, Toad 8.6 for Oracle, DB2, Cognos 10.2, Unix AIX 5.2, Linux, ERWIN 7.3/, Flat Files, Hyperion 8.3.