- Business Intelligence developer around 6 years of experience in ETL and Reporting.
- Extensively worked on SQL Server Suite (SSIS/SSRS/POWER BI).
- Experience in Designing and Implementation of Relational Databases.
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries using common table expressions (CTEs), user defined functions, views, cursors and triggers for data consistency and data manipulation.
- Well versed in designing ETL jobs with multiple data sources and transformations as per data warehousing principles and reporting needs.
- Experience in generating Drill down, Drill through reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SSRS.
- Designed insightful dashboards using Power BI Desktop.
- Worked with various teams to develop effective Power BI dashboards for Marketing, HR, Finance and Sales.
- Created Reporting tables and views to support reporting needs.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Developed Power BI models for different business units.
- Implemented role playing dimensions and row level security as per business needs and handled different complexities in modelling using DAX.
- Built Interactive Power BI dashboards using multiple visuals, slicers, bookmarks, and Drill through functionalities.
- Extensive experience in report deployment on report manager and share point server.
- Performance tuned SQL queries using Execution plan, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and design skills with leadership qualities. Able to work with a team or individually with excellent communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast - paced work environment.
Database: MS Access, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Power BI
Operating Systems: Windows XP, NT, Linux .
Cloud Technologies: Azure and Power BI service.
Visualization Tools: Power BI and Tableau.
Confidential, Jacksonville FL
Business Intelligence Developer
- Gathered and documented business requirements for analytical reports.
- Participated in requirements meetings and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Identified and documented detailed business rules.
- Consolidated different versions of reports into Power BI models relevant to a business area.
- Created Power BI models and datasets to support multiple reports.
- Created calculated tables, attributes, hierarchies, and metrics in Modelling.
- Developed measures using row level and filter level contexts using DAX.
- Created different Workspaces and reports for Train management, Car management, and waybill management.
- Created KPIs to show progress and attrition with different color coding, images and alerts in Power BI visualization.
- Created roles and assigned AD groups to implement row level security.
- Developed project level Power BI datasets for source control and to improve self-serve capability.
- Integrated google analytics and databases to show page clicks, bounce and customer retention rates with different power BI visuals and drill down capabilities.
- Connected to multiple sources and developed Power BI reports.
- Created Views and reporting tables for effective data modelling and reporting.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Crosstab, Parameterized and Paginated reports usingSSRS2012.
- Designed SSIS Packages to create summarized reporting tables using SSIS.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the SSISpackages using SQL Server Agent.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables & calculations from different databases.
- Created many business-critical Stored Procedures/Functions and used them in reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Published the Power BI reports to Power BI Service for business users.
- Tested the power BI dashboards from different mobile platforms Android, Windows and IOS.
- Created a Report Server Database and deployed the generated reports using SharePoint.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports for different user groups.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
ENVIRONMENT: Power BI, DAX, T-SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Azure, Oracle.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specifications and design documents for development.
- Analysed data and designed the logical and physical models for all projects.
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, CTE's, Views, Joins and Triggers.
- Developed SSIS Packages and Stored Procedures to load/transform/cleanse data from SQL Server, Oracle and Excel Files to Facts and Dimension Tables in the Data Warehouse.
- Participated in the design and development of the Data Warehouse.
- Designed SSIS packages for Instalment loan POS integration, HI score card, Footwear Restocking, Shopping Recap - IR labs Projects.
- Migrate store Promo Tracker SSRS Reports to Tableau.
- Collect requirements for different executive dashboards, analyse and model flows from various sources to integrate into Tableau Dashboard.
- Provide drill down capabilities by setting up the hierarchies and Action filters in tableau to help the users to dig deeper.
- Export tableau dashboards to server with group level and user level privileges.
- Provide dual axis charts for comparison in tableau which helped in decision making.
- Automated existing store Promo Tracker stored procedures to SSIS Packages using different transformations and SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Designed History tables to capture name changes, location changes for understanding user behaviour and 1099 reporting.
- Created checkpoints, package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS Packages.
- Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Developed SSAS Cubes by creating Measure Groups, Dimensions, Aggregations, Hierarchies, Partitions and Perspectives.
- Setup and monitored jobs for loading and processing SSAS Cubes.
- Troubleshoot issues with ETL load (SSIS and Stored Procedures) and Cube processing.
- Improved Stored Procedures and SQL Queries performance by analyzing execution plans and creating proper Indexes using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Created SSRS reports such as tabular, matrix, charts, dash-board and sub-reports using SSRS R2.
- Developed stored procedures, cascading parameters and custom code for developing complex SSRS reports.
- Created SSRS dashboards using charts, gauges, indicators and data bars.
- Deployed SSRS reports in native and SharePoint mode.
- Created standard and data driven subscriptions for weekly, monthly and daily reports.
- Participated in code-review sessions on existing SSRS report's performance and Dataset query tuning.
- Created script tasks and components with C# and VB.NET in SSIS as part of ETL load.
Environment: SQL Server, SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), SharePoint, T-SQL, OLAP, Report Builder 3.0, Business Objects, Erwin 4.0, Teradata.
SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Designed Logical and Physical Data Models for Customer Data warehouse.
- Developed reporting platform for Calls vs Sales Penetration Data using SSIS/SSRS.
- Worked with installing, designing and managing MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2.
- Created tables, views, indexes, stored procedures and triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Create complex T-SQL queries for Ad hoc requests from business.
- Developed Executive dashboard for marketing team to understand campaign results using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Administering the MS SQL Server by creating user logins with appropriate roles, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
- Used various script tasks, look up transformations, control flow tasks like FTP, bulk insert task, transfer job task etc. and different data flow tasks using T-SQL and VB scripts.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Responsible for migrating existing SSIS ETL packages to use Azure databases instead of on-premises databases.
- Resolved tickets created by business, QA, UAT and DB Admins.
- Designed and implemented Data Marts for Different Business Units.
- Designed SSAS cubes for all the developed DataMart models and applied aggregations as per the business needs.
- Reviewed Reporting Requirements and created Aggregated Tables and Stored Procedures for the Dashboard for Call Management System (CMS).
- Fine-tuned the existing SQL by understanding the business needs and with different query optimization techniques.
- Developed a Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS and made accessible with Share Point.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS packages to pull the data from different sources and load to Data mart.
- Developed complex SSRS reports using multiple data providers, Global Variables, Expressions, user defined objects, charts and synchronized queries.
- Designed and developed OLAP Cubes and Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, MySQL, Netezza, Excel VBA, TFS, QlikView, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), VB Script, Teradata, T-SQL, VB.Net.