Senior It Consultant Resume
- I am a highly experienced architect, technical team lead, business analyst, developer and manager, specializing in quality service - oriented business solutions using the Microsoft server platform, .NET, SQL Server, and SharePoint technologies.
- I have over 15 years’ experience in web technology-based solution architecture, design, development and implementation, over 6 years of e-business solutions architecture experience: business to business and business to consumer, and over 20 years’ experience overall as an IT professional and manager, working in a wide variety of vertical industries. In addition, I have extensive experience in program and project management, enterprise architecture, IT governance, vendor management, and software licensing.
- I also have specific experience in virtualization, middleware, n-tier infrastructure, n-tier services-oriented architecture, development methodologies, technology selection and business case justification, data modeling and database design, business intelligence delivery and BPM monitoring and systems integration.
Senior IT Consultant
- For an aerospace manufacturer, applied additional functionality requirements using ASP.NET MVC, C#, and SQL Server to an existing parts order management system adding multiple data base tables, web pages and work flows.
- For a major defense manufacturer, Improved the existing SharePoint sites while preserving the current database by establishing a UAT/Staging SharePoint environment and a number of best practices. Created custom master pages that matched the company’s branding and implemented security-based access levels, custom timer jobs, content management, improved taxonomy and SharePoint governance.
- For a regional hospital, developed new SharePoint custom views, and converting list to site content types through requirements gathering meetings with departmental managers and site administrators and analysis of existing SharePoint site collections and production farms.
- For a asset management firm, Extensively worked on Managed Metadata Services, Content Type Hub, and Taxonomy, as well as managing search refinement for better search functionality and managing and utilizing of metadata for tagging of contents. Improved search results overall, by tuning and reconfiguration of crawl and managed properties, and query rules as a way to change the ranking of the search results based on business requirements. This allowed for the promotion of certain search results or search result blocks on top of the ranked searched resultsNTT DATA Inc.
Senior Principal Consultant
- I provided thought leadership on best practices for solutions architecture and infrastructure design, understand the Microsoft SharePoint solution and platform stack, and I have a sound understanding of enterprise application integration involving Business Processes, Business Information Delivery, Collaboration, CRM, Enterprise Content Management, and Portals. I’ve led and participated in enterprise and solutions architecture design efforts and reviews for SharePoint and other .NET based technology projects and activities that focus on planning, designing, developing, deploying, and targeting new or significant modifications of existing enterprise SharePoint and .NET implementations.
- During the course of an engagement, I have provided individual or project support for complex projects or applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments; and I have analyzed, designed, developed and provided quality technical solutions that exceed client expectations. This required that I be able to perform in the project lead, solutions architect, infrastructure/administration, and application development roles, or multiple roles as required.
- Engagement with a large aerospace manufacturing company working on a major deployment of SharePoint focusing on:
- Intranet development and deployment, along with implementing rights management-based content access that conforms to U.S. regulatory requirements and export licensing restrictions.
- Extensive focus on Document based content management using SharePoint’s rules-based routing mechanisms, and the automation of site collection build out, based on the type of site requested or required, eliminating days of development time to date.
- Analysis and design of custom data migration applications for a financial company that was spun off from a much larger financial organization utilizing SharePoint technologies.
- SharePoint branding implementations using SharePoint 2010/2013 custom site templates and PowerShell.
- SharePoint taxonomy and metadata services design and implementation.
- Custom Site Content Type hierarchy and inheritance using SharePoint custom Features with deployment.
Confidential, Wilton, CT
Consulting SharePoint Architect
- Initially, surveyed the entire SharePoint deployment across all tiers (Windows Server, SharePoint 2007 Enterprise, and SQL Server), and provided management with a detailed report as to the state of the environment, with recommended projects to address the shortcomings and to increase the stability to acceptable levels.
- Worked with business users solving some of their most pressing issues concerning their intranet which included security and content delivery.
- Recommended and implemented changes to various SharePoint site collections to improve navigation and “findability” of content.
- Worked with IT Management in architecting a new SharePoint Hybrid environment consisting of both on premises SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 SharePoint Online that will eventually replace the existing SharePoint 2007 production farm.
- Design work included two-way trusted search results, Application Services deployment, and redesign of O/U’s within Active Directory, stand up of SharePoint governance activities, information architecture and metadata definition, and deployment of development, test and staging SharePoint farms.
- Worked with IT management on Office 365 deployment project planning and project management.
- Initiated work on a solution architecture-based deployment of branding, and other SharePoint object types such as term sets, site columns, content types and list and site templates to promote standardization and sameness across the hybrid architecture.
- Instructed how to envision and scope SharePoint projects in order to create work streams that prioritize and select individual projects best suited to SharePoint.
- Advised IT Management and business users on best practices for enterprise architecture design and development.
Senior IT Consultant
- Developed and documented an approach to upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010. Analyzed both current and future SharePoint plans, current infrastructure and applications, and current usage for business purposes. Identified improvements for information architecture, and where new release functionality on the Microsoft Platform could be leveraged. Redesigned SharePoint farm infrastructure to provide redundancy and improved performance. Developed proof of concept projects to demonstrate recommended improvements and new functionality.
- For a major authority of the City of New York, architected and built an internet facing SharePoint site using custom master page, page layouts, CSS styles, branding, content management workflows, XSLT List Views and Content Query Web Parts, within the requirements of the client to use “out of the box” functionality only. Provided PowerShell scripted installation procedures in order to promote a consistent repeatable approach to SharePoint farm provisioning. Utilized Site Columns and Content Types to add properties to the web pages, Lists and Document Libraries to capture the required metadata. Implemented work flows for content creation, approval and publishing.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Senior Architect, Collaborative Solutions
- Developed overall program and project plan to deploy SharePoint 2007 at HIMCO, and a capacity model for an integrated deployment of SharePoint Server and SQL Server Reporting Services including specifications for server hardware, SAN, NAS and supporting SQL Server 2005 clusters. Using rented facilities at the Microsoft Technology Center - Boston, implemented a working installation of the future production environment using HP hardware, VMware, EMC CLARiiON SAN and NetApps NAS, complete with systems monitoring.
- Developed, ran, and monitored various computing and user loads to validate the design using Visual Studio.
- Worked with Hartford IT and IBM outsourced services to implement the proven design in development, QA, and production environments within the Hartford Data Centers. Planned, architected, configured and implemented a complete installation of SharePoint development, QA and production farms including SQL Server administration, installation and tuning.
- Developed site structure, security plan, content management work flows, and information policy for site content.
- Worked with user areas in developing site and governance policies and procedures. Developed site application solutions architecture for the delivery of business intelligence using Excel Services, .NET, and SQL Server Reporting Services based Web Part hosted reports.
- Using SharePoint facilities, provided mechanisms to provision within SharePoint both relational data and OLAP Cube content using Excel templates, Data Connections and Report Builder 2.0.
- Developed automatic implementation of SharePoint content type properties update using C# and the SharePoint API triggered by adding documents to libraries that brought increased precision and consistency to search results and eliminated unreliable manual updates, using event handlers and CAML queries in support of the governance process and farm taxonomy.
Confidential, Greenwich, Connecticut
Senior Technology Architect
- Designed and implemented custom User Profile maintenance functionality integrating identity change management processes and work flows to apply input from 250+ separate, non-trusted active directory domains into a single domain for SharePoint authentication and user administration.
- Developed a forms authorization capability for authenticating users via e-mail address and password using .NET.
- Designed mechanisms that controlled timing of directory imports, and developed the necessary change management asynchronous work flows to apply and identify changes in role for users responsible for critical financial processes globally across the Group utilizing BizTalk Server and .NET. Assumed DBA responsibilities for all SharePoint farms.
- Created, negotiated and managed project plans for acceptance testing and deployment.
Confidential, Norwalk, Connecticut
Independent IT Consultant/Solution Architect
- Orchestrated the migration of their database environment from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 including all data base administration work, as well as identifying migration issues and making the appropriate modifications to applications and the production environment. Handled migration of SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services cubes to SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with corresponding database conversions.
- Analyzed and re-architected a mission critical EDI application that orchestrated the process of transmitting creative assets and ad format properties to publishers along with receiving returned acceptance notifications. Added a tracking capability that correlates the transmittal transactions with the received notifications. This system utilized C#, VB, Microsoft Enterprise Library, SQL Server, and ftp transmission with PGP encryption.
- Analyzed and re-architected their system that maintains the data relationships for the publications where the client currently has advertising placed utilizing .NET. Added capability to track all status related to the placement of advertising, the creative assets used, and the associated demographics related to the publications geographic and population coverage.
- Worked with senior management in developing the solutions architecture and infrastructure plans necessary to support the launch of a new business unit targeting the medium business advertising market offering multiple media providers and types (video, TV slots, etc.) with consistent branding and the ability to provide customers with attractive pricing.
Vice President - Information Technology
- Led the information technology functional area for a multi-line alternative risk P&C underwriting company with $750+ million in annual written premiums. Performed an initial systems and infrastructure assessment that resulted in a two-year tactical and strategic IT portfolio of projects in alignment with business plans and goals. Worked with the global and local IT staff to develop and leverage enterprise architecture assets in providing common solutions architectures and services. Collaborated with other business units to establish and maintain a global IT governance process to aid senior business management in prioritization and funding of IT initiatives.
- Worked with the local business management team in justifying and obtaining the necessary project funding and human resources. Managed day to day technical support and application development activities. Assumed solution architect duties to ensure key technologies were leveraged in all infrastructure and applications. Formed project teams that included IT services vendors and internal IT resources both in North America and Europe to deliver the following capabilities:
- Electronic Data Exchange - closed-loop hub for partner Policy, Claim, and Loss Run data-feed exchanges. Based on BizTalk Server implementing secure data exchanges using PGP & FTP/SFTP and ACORD XML formats where available. Subscription-based notification for Business Users utilizing .NET, SQL Server Notification Services and Excel / .NET Web Services reporting solutions.
- Client Extranet - Internet facing SharePoint Server portal solution to securely expose regulatory, rate, form and filing information to managing general agents, as well as management information on program underwriting and claim activity utilizing .NET and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Data Warehouse - envisioned, designed and constructed an operational data store and reporting system to capture and integrate transactional data from multiple systems. Content included daily direct, ceded, and assumed premium and loss data integrated with program characteristics that enabled “actual vs. plan”, net position, and financial performance analysis and reporting of insurance programs underwritten by MGA’s. This system also included the complete set of parallel ETL processes for data transformation using SQL Server SSIS, with subsequent data mart, OLAP cube, and report generation using SQL Server data bases, data transformation, analysis and reporting services.
- Designed and managed the construction of a new corporate data center at the Confidential location that was continually showcased by APC Corporation (the primary power and environmental management vendor) as a model green data center solution for medium to large businesses. Procured and implemented off site business continuity assets and capabilities in accordance with business requirements.
- Negotiated and executed the Alea Group’s global Enterprise Licensing agreement with Microsoft, as well as all telecommunications and office equipment leasing and licensing agreements for North America.
- Was responsible all computing and technology support to the Alea CEO and senior management team members located in North America.
- Managed and controlled a $7 Million annual IT budget, 10 - 25 permanent and temporary IT Staff located in North America, the UK, and Switzerland, as well as all technology vendor relationships.
Senior Consultant – Microsoft Consulting Services
- Provided solution architect expertise in the design and development of an order fulfillment application for a global provider of supply chain management solutions using BizTalk Server, SQL Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio and the.NET. Framework. Successfully led the transition and deployment from EDI based interchanges to an XML document interchange format as well as integration with back end ERP applications. This application provides 170 million of revenue per annum for the customer, and processes 2.3 billion in earned revenue for Microsoft annually.
- Participated in the development of the Microsoft Systems Architecture (MSA) blueprint as subject matter expert in the areas of infrastructure build out, and solution architecture guidance for BizTalk Server (EAI/B2B) SQL Server, Commerce Server (B2C), Host Integration Server and multi-domain authentication techniques. Provided development and guidance for the Microsoft CRM product line.
- Engaged as Program Manager for the Visual Studio Development Tools group. Researched, designed, and developed product features, specifications and prototypes for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 development tools, future releases of the .NET Framework, and both synchronous and asynchronous application services and products.
- Supported the release of SQL Server 7 and 2000 when assigned to manage a porting lab for customers to explore their applications performance and compatibility when upgrading to the current SQL Server release. This involved all DBA tasks, system administration tasks, the customers’ application architecture, customer relationship management, as well as scheduling and management of lab activities and resources.
- Served as Enterprise Program Manager/United States for a large global investment bank, managing the bank/Microsoft relationship in the US and coordinating efforts globally with Microsoft UK, Switzerland, Singapore, China and Japan. Worked with the banks’ global architecture team to develop information, network, and application solution architectures for the Microsoft Platform—including infrastructure models, application design and integration standards, best practices and patterns of solution architectures. Acted as the primary liaison between Microsoft, and the customer’s senior IT management, outsourced infrastructure services providers, and outsourced application development resources. Coordinated these activities, day to day globally, both within the bank and Microsoft.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes