- 8+ years of intensifying experience in multiple roles as Business Systems Analyst in the Ecommerce, Retail, and Supply Chain Management with thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall, SCRUM - Agile, Hybrid Waterfall-Scrum framework, Scrumban, XP (extreme programming) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Extensive experience in working on Point-of-Sale (POS), Retail, EDW apps and systems connected in vast network.
- Well acquainted with various e-commerce platforms such as Magento and Shopify and Exposure to Marketing and Web Analytics for e-commerce website using Google Analytics, Search engine optimization, AdWords and Adobe Analytics for intelligent data collection and analysis. Hands on experience working upon Click through rates, Conversion rate, Content management system, order fulfillment, Replenishment, Shopping Cart, process improvement, merchandising, Customer profiling, categories, payment gateway and PCI compliance.
- Great domain knowledge including Anchor store, brick and click, CRM, Cross Merchandising, Upselling, Markdowns, Inventory, Warehouse management system, BOPIS, Drop shipping, Keystone Pricing, Point of Sale, Margins
- Adept in eliciting business requirements with various techniques such as Joint Application Development (JAD), Focus groups, Requirements Workshops, Brainstorming, Document analysis, Pilot Projects and Interviews.
- Excellent business writing skills in creating artifacts such as Business requirements document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), and Use Case Specifications.
- Excellent in performing Impact Assessment, Feasibility Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system and infrastructure with new Business Requirements.
- Assisted Project Managers in preparing Project Plans, Project Schedules, establishing Milestones, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), maintained RACI chart to manage overall project risks and mitigation plans.
- Proficient with User Stories, writing Acceptance criteria and handling the Requirements Churn.
- Well acquainted with workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams with Use Cases, Activity, Sequence and Data Flow Diagrams and ER Diagrams via Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
- Experienced in conducting Data Analysis using design of experiments in Minitab and Tableau for dashboards.
- High expertise in tracing requirements throughout the development process and also verifying their adherence to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM). Thereby, proven success in Eliciting Requirements, Impact Analysis, Cause and Effect, GAP Analysis, As-Is and To-Be Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk, ROI Analysis and SWOT Analysis.
- Experience in Database Applications with Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access and very efficient in tuning the SQL queries and using several tools and utilities. Worked upon SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Hands on experience with Data Migration techniques using Informatica PowerCenter tool.
- Great knowledge working upon Master Data management for decision making process and special campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing architecture, implementation approaches, schemas, and dimensional modeling. Expertise in creating Data Models- Conceptual data model, Physical data model and logical data model in the form of entities and relationships to capture the user requirements in the underlying database.
- Practical knowledge of Data Warehousing architecture, implementation approaches, schemas, dimensional modeling and translating the business requirements into various types of dimensions
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Performed ETL using Informatica to load data into the data warehouse from various disparate sources.
- Knowledge of OLAP cube and performing operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice, Dice and Pivot and designing and deploying reports using reporting tools Tableau and IBM Cognos.
- Managed requirements and tracked defects working with HP Application Lifecycle Management (HPALM) and HP Quality Center (HPQC) and documented performance reports
- Adept at supervising Black-box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Collaborated and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for verifying and validating the product.
- Involved in scripting business logic in the web methods of the web services and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document using Extensive Markup Language (XML).
- Experienced in working with Subject Matter Experts from various business areas and domains to identify (key performance indicators) KPI’s and (service level agreements) SLA’s for the Website Performance, Customer Acquisition, Lead Conversion, Customer Retention, CLA (call to action) and CLV (customer lifetime value).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools like MS Access, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Project.
Operating Systems: Windows 7,8,10,XP/Vista/Mac OS X
Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Axure, Lucid Chart
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Scrumban, SAFe
Web Service: SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, WSDL, WADL, XSD, DOM.
Data Warehousing: Data Modeling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Up/ Drill Down, Pivot, Informatica PowerCenter,CA Platinum Repository
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, TFS, Version One, HP-ALM
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint Server, Confluence
Testing Tools: HP QC/ALM v11.5, Bugzilla, Selenium, Load Runner, Cucumber
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Server Data Tools
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop, IBM Cognos, MS Office Suite, MicroStrategy, Google Analytics,SSRS
IDE: MS Visual Studio, Eclipse
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, HBase, Dynamo DB
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed the Business Process along with the prior project documentation for complete understanding of the project. Also, interviewed SME’s and CRO in order to better understand the business process.
- Conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Translated Business Requirements into Business Requirements Document (BRD) and then translated them into Functional Specification Document (FSD) and System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Extensively worked on the acceptance criteria for the above developed user stories.
- Prepared use case documents, utilized MS Visio to create UML diagrams (use case, activity and class diagrams).
- Actively interacted with different business groups to perform GAP Analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the system objectives desired. (Various L.O.B’S.)
- Collaborated with sales teams, content management team and digital marketing team to provide the customer with seamless customer experience through all channels mobile, website and in store.
- Designedand implementedSQLqueries usingjoins,unions andaggregatefunctions to extract data from differentdatabases(Oracle, SQL Server) for timelyreportingandValidation.
- Created Mock-up Screens and Wireframes using UI Components such as Radio Buttons, Drop-down and Check boxes, and demonstrated it to stakeholders.
- Document all interface requirements for functional department and analyze and recommend strategies to enhance projects and coordinate with social media team and analyze all projects from conceptualization to implementation.
- Worked closely with the content management department and sales department to analyze Tableau reports.
- Worked with complex data transformation and helped the ETL developers to understand it.
- Performed technical analysis related to advanced data analysis, data mining, and source to target mapping.
- Worked on service-oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful API’s generating JSON, BSON, XML responses using PL/SQL and JDBC drivers to establish connections with databases.
- Assisted in Scheduling MDM Informatica ETL tasks to transfer data from mainframe to distributed systems with extensive unit and integration testing. Primary data was integrated into Master Data Management hub and used for Special campaigns and allows easy analysis and reduced overall cost involved.
- Captioned meetings to gather the API Requirements for both the source and target system and documented the REST API requests and responses in XML format.
- Actively involved in reading data from varied file types created standard and ad-hoc reports using MS Excel.
- Extensively used SQL Reporting Services and Report Builder Model to generate custom reports. SQL and Erwin, generating delimited files and SQL script to load data into SQL tables
- Prepared UAT test document and developed Test Scenarios for validating the Business requirements and Uploaded Test scenarios, mapped Business requirements to Test scenarios and updated defects and defect tracking in Quality Center. Assisted testing team in UI testing using selenium and documented the defects in the JIRA.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) by setting up UAT environment utilizing HPALM.
- Generated insights from the reports the team received from the Business Intelligence team and presented recommendations to the Product Owner and the management for strategy and decision making.
- Used BI tools like Tableau for reporting and analyzing most profitable channel partners, target base, marketing reports, prices and promotional data. Authored progress and completion reports, which were submitted to program manager and business owner on a weekly basis.
Environment- Agile-Scrum, Java, HTML/CSS, AngularJS, Bootstrap, JQuery, SQL, Erwin Data modeler, Informatica PowerCenter, MDM, Web Services, SOA, API, REST, MS Office, MS Visio, Share Point, JIRA, HP QC, Tableau, Oracle Data Miner
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, attended JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, created agendas and documented functional and non-functional requirements.
- Gathered and documented UX/UI (visual) requirements (using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint), created UX designs and UI wireframes. Worked with UX (User Experience) team to finalize the wireframe documents based on business and functional requirements.
- Wrote user interface guidelines for field service mobile apps to ensure that developers were coding to a standard "look and feel" which improved developer productivity.Designed current business processes and proposed solution for business process re-engineering throughout the process mapping lifecycle.
- Participated in the sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective and daily stand up meetings.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML methodologies for easy understanding using MSVISIO
- Responsible for implementing, coordinating and documenting all business processes for (Web based apps).
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Collaborated with development architect and the business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Used JIRA for deploying task and Issue Tracking, User Story Management and create reporting dashboards and data visualizations (Excel, Business Objects) to help users visualize their reporting needs.
- Assisted in developing extensive SQL Queries and Procedures, utilized to perform database integrity testing, ensuring various data table entries, data validity, and data integrity
- Performed logical data modeling and created ER diagrams and used SQL queries for manipulating data.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) report to ensure that every Business requirement is adhered to achieve the expected performance and have visibility on complete test coverage w.r.t requirements elicited.
- Assisted the QA team in development of Test Strategies, creation of Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Closely worked with them while performing Functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) by setting up UAT environment utilizing HPALM.
- Monitored the timelines, budget and target at each demo of potentially shippable product increment
- Developed reports using Tableau v8.0 to communicate information using graphs, charts and other info graphical solutions to the project team
Environment- Scrum, JIRA, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, Tableau, PL/SQL, MS Office, MS SQL database, PowerPoint and Excel
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted JAD sessions, one-on-one interviews, and Group interviews. Performed Document analysis, Interface Analysis of existing systems documentation. Employed Observation technique on the existing process
- Elicitated requirements by interview, surveys, and prototyping with the stakeholders.
- Created data model for the Star Schema using Erwin, created DDL scripts for static dimensions and ETL Mappings using Informatica PowerCenter and Used DML, DCL and DDL SQL queries for constructing the DWH
- Integrated various OLTP to the OLAP by using Informatica PowerCenter as an ETL tool and used Tableau as reporting tool. Also maintained the Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball Paradigms.
- Created Data mapping specifications, Source to Target mapping documents including the transformation rules.
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and its conversion into the physical database design
- Performed Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, and Data Analysis along with Data Analyst before loading the data into the central data warehouse using tools like Informatica Data Quality.
- Helped in deciding the methods for ETL process to load data into target warehouse using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Created complex reports using union queries, conditional formatting and prompting, drill-through.
- Worked closely with Data Architects and development team to make sure requirements are understood
- Used Tableau for Data Reporting, studying the trends, data patterns and for data forecasting.
- Performed data analysis using SQL, data profiling and validation on the various source data systems and feeds and cleansed and standardized the data to be provided to ETL.
- Extensively used SQL for accessing and manipulating database systems.
- Designed API technical document and their functionality., Conducted API designs sessions and worked on developing API integration documentation
- Expertise creating Stories and Dashboards using Tableau for Senior Management and Business users
- Liaised with the UI and UX team in creating GUI mockups using Mockup Screen and Wireframes using HTML.
- Front end testing performed using Selenium Automated Testing (IDE and Web Driver)
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, UI, Performance, Usability and Security requirements
- Led the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts and opened/closed defects on HP QC.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Erwin 3.5.2, PL/SQL, Angular JS, Oracle 9i, Informatica 7.1, BO 6.5/, Informatica PowerCenter, MS Visual studio 2013, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Tableau
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered business requirements by conducting Interviews, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Focus Groups, Brainstorming sessions with the Business Users and key-Stakeholders.
- Worked with senior managers to understand operation's needs during the launch of Confidential warehouses (fulfillment centers, delivery stations, sort centers) and support the launches with system configuration
- Worked with software developers to identify gaps or problems between what the software can offer and customer needs and wants and Involved in the meeting with Business Process Owners, SME (Subject Matter Experts) and store users for Requirement gathering in Definition Stage.
- Created Use Case document by specifying actors, normal flow, alternative flows for all use cases.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Created Custom Master Page and CSS files to provide the look and feel of a SharePoint admin site layout structure and to control branding, and content of a site
- Worded on multiple competing high-profile projects with tight deadlines. Trained/lead other business analysts
- Worked on projects when they started from scratch, Used SQL queries to pull data from databases to produce delivery metrics. Used solver pack, pivot tables, lookups to analyze data, Produced delivery volume forecasts
- Establish documentation for agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team., Increased the performance of our mobile application by creating a new Java ordering submission process, creating new daemons to move files faster, and updating the database structure
- Involved in testing the SOAP messages across the web site and made sure results returned in XML format
- Worked on the API integration of 3rd party software to the existing system.
- Provided business inputs to User Experience (UX) and Visual design teams for designing of user interface
- Involved in designing and Preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases. Assisted in all aspects of Verification, Validation including Functional, Regression, System testing, Integration testing and Requirement Testing.
- Experience in creating or importing a Web Service testing project and added a WSDL to create tests in SOAPUI.
- Assisted Business user in creating UAT test cases preparation and Acceptance Test execution.
Environment: PL/SQL, Java (J2EE), Waterfall, Test Director, XML, API, FTP, Win Runner, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Agile/Scrum, HTML, CSS, RUP, VOIP, UML, CobiT.
- Experience in understanding the existing business and system flow.
- Experienced in identifying the pain points of stakeholders and providing solutions as per technical terms.
- Understanding the requirements of stakeholders and work along with them.
- Knowledge in implementation and enhancement of existing application with new requirements.
- Expertise in reviewing users on new Applications and understanding them on the usage.
- Experienced in designing UML diagrams like USE case diagram and ACTIVITY diagram.
- Hands on experience in preparing documents like business requirement document (BRD), functional requirement document (FRD)and wrote Acceptance criteria for the user stories.
- Experienced in gathering requirements by conducting interviews, document analysis, and questionnaire.
- Worked closely with tester team and derived test cases from use case diagram and worked on them with Technical team and testing team if any deviation happens from expected result.
- Experienced in preparing requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to trace the project advancement regularly.
- Coordinated in implementation of project with technical team, client and verifying plans executed as per design.
- Communicated with all the stakeholders and worked along with them for smooth project handling.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visio 2010, MS Office Suite 2010(Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Windows XP, MS Project 2010,SharePoint, HPALM 11.0, HTML, CSS, Java Script, J2EE.
- Analyzed business requirements and prepared functional documents by conducting JAD and Brainstorming.
- Involved in development of test plan, test schedules, test cases based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Worked closely with SME’s gathering detailed requirements so that there is no communication gap between technical people and business users
- Created Data Mapping Specification for source to target mapping and Data Dictionaries in Excel.
- Applied business rules and complex transformations for the data transfer from the data sources.
- Extensively used advanced Excel functions like VLOOKUP’s and formulae for data analysis
- Interacted with Business teams and Developers to understand business requirements and bug fixes.
- Assisted the Project Manager in creating the Project Plan and Project Charter
- Conducted the Technical and Functional Feasibility study, combined them with the Project Manager’s Legal and Economic Feasibility Study Documented the results.
- Responsible for validating data that is passed between front end and back end using SQL queries
- Created Use Case Diagrams using UML to define the Functional requirements of the application.
- Utilized Quality Center for communication with the production personnel, developers and team members.
- Studied the Siebel CRM and assessed how it supports the sales support regarding the website.
- Wrote SQL queries to check proper data population in application tables.
- Coordinated between various teams to ensure consistency and accuracy across test plans, user manuals and training materials.
Environment: Waterfall, HP-Quality Center 10.0, MS Office Suite 2010,Oracle, Siebel CRM, Crystal Reports.
Transaction Risk Management Analyst
- Support new products and payments services to prevent and mitigate risk across various countries
- Assist new team members and maintain high quality buying experience for customers
- Developed and improved methods to represent fraudulent cases. Identify and analyze new fraud and abuse patterns, provide deep-dives analysis and make recommendations to implement new risk management controls tools, processes and monitoring solutions
- Developed and identified multiple areas of risk and assessing value for risk. Specialized in business risk and associated risk mitigation processes.
- Assisted with document organization in coordination with the Transaction Risk Management System
- Implement new processes and ensure compliance rules and governance scheme are in place
- Create and maintain fraud documentation and reports across various processes and locations
- Work cross-functionally to facilitate inter-departmental communication.
Environment: Waterfall, HTML, JSP, CSS, Ajax, Eclipse, MS Visio, MS Project and SQLEducation: Bachelor of Technology
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes