- Business Analyst/Data Modeler/Analyst with 7 years of experience in data analysis and modeling, with excellent understanding of OLTP, OLAP, BI tools on various domain like Financial, Banking, Insurance and Retail and Data Mart designing.
- Experience in understanding various business process, gathering business requirements, implementing business processes, identifying risks, doing impact analysis.
- Hands on Experience in Teradata RDBMS using FASTLOAD, MULTILOAD, TPUMP, FASTEXPORT, TERADATA SQL & BTEQ utilities.
- Experience in Data Warehousing applications related to Retail, Logistics & Healthcare domains
- Experience in carrying out the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Implemented Ralph Kimball’s data warehouse methodologies (Star schema & Dimensional Modeling) and aware of Data Vault.
- Proficient in eliciting and analyzing businessrequirement from subject matter experts (SME) and communicating them to technical stakeholders for implementation.
- Experienced in developing and executing complex SQL queries to validate the data in the back end.
- Strong Data modeling experience using ER diagram, Dimensional data modeling, Conceptual/Logical/Physical Modeling using 3NormalForm (3NF), Star Schema modeling, Snowflake modeling using tools like Erwin, ER - Studio.
- Experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models as per enterprise standards.
- Created DDL scripts for implementing Data Modeling changes. Created ERWIN crystal reports in HTML format depending upon the requirement, Published Data model in model mart, created naming convention files, coordinated with DBAs' to apply the data model changes.
- Excellent knowledge in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Exceptional Problem Solving and Sound Decision Making capabilities, along with the ability to resolve difficult situations.
- Performed extensive datacleansing, data manipulations and date transforms and dataauditing.
- Extensively used ERWIN for Reverse Engineering, Forward Engineering, Subject area, Domain, Naming Standards Document etc.
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata.
- Participated in performance tuning for stored procedures, tables and database servers.
- Improving the Performance of the SQL Queries, Functions, Procedures, Packages and Database Objects by creating Normal, Unique.
- Experience in providing technical support and preparing technical documents for the end user.
- Strong communication and presentations skills in a variety of areas.
Database Specialties: Database Architecture, Data Analysis, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Database Design and Modeling, Data Integration and Migration, ETL Architecture and Design, Data Warehouse, OLTP, OLAP.
Modeling Tools: Erwin 9.x, ER/Studio, MS Visio.
Databases: My SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, Toad.
ETL Tools: Oracle Warehouse Builder, Informatica, Power Center 6.0/7.1/8.1.1, Power Mart 6.0, DTS
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, PERL.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, MS DOS.
Web technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS.
Sr. Data Analyst/BA
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Worked as a Data Modeler/Analyst to create Data Models using Erwin and developed relational database system.
- Part of JAD sessions for defining business requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Developed and presented BusinessIntelligence reports and product demos to the team using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Worked in an Agile team using Scrum methodology and participated in backlog prioritization with product owner and Scrum master.
- Responsible for Elicitation, understanding the businessrequirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Developed logical data models and physical database design and generated database schemas using Erwin.
- Conducted ETL performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation.
- Performed Data analysis of existing data base to understand the data flow and business rules applied to Different data bases using SQL.
- Generated and DDL (Data Definition Language) scripts using ERWIN and assisted DBA in Physical Implementation of data Models.
- Maintained Test log and Wrote test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Worked with DBA to create Best-Fit Physical Data Model from the logical Data Model using Forward Engineering in Erwin.
- Performed Data Analysis tasks on warehouses from several sources like Oracle, XML etc and generated various reports and documents.
- Created Source to target mapping document for ETL team.
- Extensively used the SET, UPDATE and MERGE statements for creating, updating and merging various SAS data sets for details on mortgage operations
- Communicating with stakeholders to gather requirements for new ideas and report updates
- Developed, managed and validated existing data models including logical and physical models of the data warehouse and source systems utilizing a 3NFmodel.
- Designed and built Star and Snowflake dimensional models creating facts, dimensions, measures, cube and established data granularity.
- Working closely with the DataStewards to ensure correct and related datais captured in the data warehouse as part of Data Quality check.
Environment: - MS VISIO 2007, Erwin R9.6, MS Visio, Oracle 11g, JIRA, Toad, Oracle Designer, ETL, SQL Server 2014, Oracle SQL developer 2014, Crystal Reports 9, Teradata.
Sr Business Analyst /Modeler
- Gathered Business requirements by organizing and managing meetings with business stake holders Application architects, Technical architects and IT analysts on a scheduled basis.
- Partnered with Operations business users in conducting User acceptance testing.
- Documented Swim Lane diagrams, workflows using MS Visio, creation of forms libraries and document libraries.
- Designed ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and, candidate keys) and physical database (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) for Oracle and Teradata as per business requirements using Erwin.
- Facilitated collection of Functional Requirements from system users, and prepared Business and Technical Requirement Specification documents.
- Responsible for writing BusinessUse Cases, BusinessRules, logical analysis and change management of requirements.
- Developed monthly summary and downstream data marts from enterprise wide databases in accordance with reporting requirements with dimensions like time, customers, services and accounts.
- Helped the team for data modeling support for numerous strategic application development projects.
- Designed and developed ETL jobs/workflows supporting data load and validation of data, while working with the business on error log files to ensure better data quality and integrity
- Worked closely with the DBA to generate database table structures.
- Communicating with the project team throughout all stages of design, managing time effectively, and work on project timelines simultaneously in demanding deadline driven environment.
- Performed Data Analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems including Oracle 10g/11g and Teradata, in order to ensure accuracy of the data between the warehouse and source systems.
- Helped the testing team in creating the test plans and test scripts. Assisted the users in UAT testing by providing test scenarios and test data.
- Built and maintained a robust data warehousing system for the organization.
- Worked on data profiling and data validation to ensure the accuracy of the data between the warehouse and source systems.
Environment: IBM-Rational Rose, MS Visio, ER/Studio 5.5, MS Excel 2013, Oracle, Informatica, Teradata and Erwin 8, Access, JIRA.
Business Analyst consultant
- Ensured the quality, consistency, and accuracy of data in a timely, effective and reliable manner.
- Performing BusinessAcceptance Testing and assisting user and partners in User Acceptance testing
- Acted as liaison between owner and businesspartners, clients, employees, staff and vendors.
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the entities to analyze and document business data requirements
- Reverse Engineered to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model using ERWIN.
- Involved in understanding and translating the business requirements and to High Level and Low level design for ETL processes in Teradata.
- Responsible for creating Functional Design document, Use Cases (Business& System Use case), Wireframes, DLMT (Data Label Mapping Table)
- Prepared behavioral UML diagrams (such as Use Cases, Activity and sequence diagrams).
- Developed normalized Logical and Physical database models to design OLTP system.
- Working along with ETL team for documentation of transformation rules for data migration from OLTP to warehouse for purpose of reporting.
- Involved in different stages of SDLC such as translating business requirements to high level and low level design, Coding, Unit testing, deployment and post-deployment support activities
- Reviewed the business requirements or use cases, and convert them to logical data models after analysis.
- Involved in the generation of DDL and DML scripts. developed Star schema for proposed central model and normalized star schema to snow flake schema.
- Involved in the design review of the finalized database model.
- Organized sessions with architects, business and development teams to understand the Change Requests (CR's)
- Created and maintained Database Objects (Tables, Views, Indexes and Partitions)
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and bulk collects.
Environment: ERWIN 7.3, Oracle10g, SQL server, MS Excel, Informatica, MS Visio, Informatica, JIRA, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro
Business Data Analyst/Modeler
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD's) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation.
- Analyzed business/system requirements using requirement arbitrage and assigned appropriate priorities.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) notations and methodology in developing models that accurately represent the business process and workflows to communicate effectively them to the stakeholders.
- Performed GAP analysis of businessrules, businessand system process flows.
- Worked with ETL teams to create source and target definition.
- Reviewed Design Documents, Requirements Analysis Specifications with Project Lead, Business Owners and the Technical Lead.
- Extensively built programs for different requirement to make the process more automated for data migrations and minimize the duplicated efforts.
- Worked on designing the OLAP Model/Dimension model for BI Reporting sourcing from SAP Transactions.
- Conducted Knowledge Session within Team to train in the Project.
- Managed the implementation of new hierarchy design into enterprise data warehouse(Teradata)
- Worked on PL/SQL collections, index by table, arrays, bulk collect, FOR ALL, etc.
- Performed updates and enhancements to the already existing data models as required by using ERWIN.
- Developed logical data model from the conceptual model using ERWIN.
- Transformed project data requirements into project data models for OLAP and OLTP systems using Erwin.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and bulk collects.
- Generated DDL statements for the newly generated objects (tables, views, indexes and packages).
Environment: ERWIN 8.2, Oracle10g, SQL server, MS Excel, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Informatica, ETL, Requisite Pro, SAP R/3, ECC 6.0
Data Modeler Intern
- Developed Conceptual model using ERWIN based on requirements analysis
- Worked on the Forward Engineering (F.E) of the logical models to generate the physical model using Erwin.
- Analyzed business needs, created and developed new functionality to meet real time data integration that facilitated decision.
- Created data base objects like indexes, views, stored procedures and synonyms.
- Gathered high level requirements and converted into business requirements
- Participated in performance tuning and management for stored procedures, tables and database servers.
- Participated in requirement gathering session with business users and sponsors to understand and document the business requirements and participated in data modeling JAD sessions.
- Created tables, views, sequences, indexes, constraints and generated SQL scripts for implementing physical data model.
Environment: ERWIN r 7. 3, SQL Server 2000/2005, PL/SQL, Informtica, Windows XP, Windows XP/2000
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes