Sr. Data Modeler/data Scientist Resume
- Over 9+ years experience inDataModeling (Both Dimensional and Relational Models),DataAnalysis, DataWarehousing and Database Management.
- Experienced in designing star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions), Snowflake schema forDataWarehouse, ODS Architecture by using tools like ErwinDataModeler, Power Designer, ER - Studio and Microsoft Visio.
- Extensive experienced in Normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF and BCNF) and De-normalization techniques for improved database performance in OLTP andDataWarehouse/DataMart environments.
- Experienced in Teradata Administrator, Teradata Assistant, BTEQ, Fastload, Multiload, Tpump, FExport, PMON, Visual Explain, TPT, OLEDataload).
- Experienced in Dimensional Data Modeling experience using Data modeling, Relational Data modeling, ER/Studio, Erwin, Sybase Power Designer, Star Join Schema/Snow flake modeling, FACT& Dimensions tables, Conceptual, Physical & logical data modeling.
- Excellent Knowledge of Ralph Kimball and Bill-Inmon's approaches toDataWarehousing.
- Expertise in Database Performance Tuning using Oracle Hints, Explain plan, TKPROF, Partitioning and Indexes
- Strong proficiency in parallel computing & distributed algorithms (e.g. Map-Reduce, CUDA, GPU)
- Extensive noledge of big data, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, NoSQL Databases and other emerging technologies.
- Extensive experience wif cloud architecture like Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, EC3 and Elastic load balancing, Elastic Search & Basic on MS Azure.
- Solid in-depth understanding of Information security concepts,Datamodeling and RDBMS concepts.
- Experienced in Designed and developedDatamodels for Database (OLTP), teh OperationalData Store (ODS),Datawarehouse (OLAP), and federated databases to support client enterprise Information Management Strategy.
- Experienced in integration of various relational and non-relational sources such as DB2, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, NoSQL, COBOL, XML and Flat Files, to Netezza database.
- Experienced in designing DB2Architecture for Modeling aDataWarehouse by using tools like Erwin9.6.1, PowerDesigner and E-R Studio.
- Good noledge in OLAP, OLTP, Business Intelligence andDataWarehousing concepts wif emphasis on ETL and Business Reporting needs.
- Proficient in Oracle Tools and Utilities such as TOAD, SQL*Plus and SQL Navigator.
- Experienced in LogicalDataModel (LDM) and PhysicalDataModels (PDM) using Erwindata modeling tool.
- Good experience wif GPU environments
- Hands-on experience wif NLP, mining of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Extensive experience on usage of ETL & Reporting tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Worked wif XML and Flat file sources coming from various legacy source systems and residing on Mainframe and UNIX.
- Strong experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL, Transact SQL programs for Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Worked wif Tableau9.1.2 and TableauServer9.1.1. Created and Published workbooks on Tableau server.
- Excellent understanding and working experience of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), as per Rational Unified Process (RUP),Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experienced inDataMasking using Various Tools for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and DataWarehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) andDataWarehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent communication and presentation skill, and a good team player.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin Data Modeler 9.7/9.6, Erwin Model Manager, ER Studio v17, and Power Designer.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML5, XML and VBA.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, SSAS, MS-Excel, SAS BI Platform.
Big Data technologies: HBase 1.2, HDFS, Sqoop 1.4, Hadoop 3.0, Hive 2.3, Bucket, AMI, RDS
Cloud Platforms: AWS, EC2, EC3, Redshift & MS Azure
OLAP Tools: Tableau 7, SAP BO, SSAS, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports 9
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g, Teradata R15/R14, MS SQL Server 2016/2014, DB2.
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Sun Solaris
ETL/Data warehouse Tools: Informatica 9.6/9.1, SAP Business Objects XIR3.1/XIR2, Talend, and Pentaho.
Methodologies: RAD, JAD, RUP, UML, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Waterfall Model
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Data Modeler/Data Scientist
- Designed teh Enterprise Canonical Data model to maintain customer data in a central repository for use by different segments
- Created SQL Loader Scripts, table sizing, indexing, table partition, SQL tuning.
- Designed Logical/ Physical Data Model using Erwin.
- Created DDL, DML scripts. Created and worked wif X-Reference tables for data validation between difference data marts/Databases.
- Created PL/SQL procedures, triggers, generated application data,
- Designed data models wif industry standards up to 3rd NF (OLTP/ODS) and de normalized (OLAP) data marts wif Star & Snow flake schemas.
- Moderate proficiency developing using NLP approach.
- Provided conceptual and technical modeling assistance to developers and DBA's using Erwin and Model Mart. Validated Data Models wif IT team members and Clients.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) including RDS and EC2
- Designed and implemented Master Data Management (MDM) solutions.
- Performance tuned teh existing SSAS cubes in order to minimize teh processing time.
- Designed teh MDM application to ensure that it meets global requirements.
- Wrote and created data load scripts or stored procedures for data mapping document.
- Completed teh C2 level of teh conceptual model along wif business definitions and relationships.
- Responsible for gathering metadata information and creating Data Dictionary report.
- Delivered Source-to-target mappings and developed mappings.
- Defined teh new data elements and design teh logical and physical data model.
- Developed entity and attribute descriptions and definitions for teh models and resolve conflicts.
- Created naming standards for data attributes and metadata to track data source, load frequency, generated key values, and data dictionary.
- Used of best practice 3rd normal form and dimensional modeling techniques for BI projects wif proven experience in developing complex physical data models.
- Designed teh warehouse tables and data marts as guided by teh best practice models.
- Integrated teh requirement into teh Warehouse environment through teh completion of teh Information Requirement Definition, Data Relational Diagram, Entity Relational Diagram, and Functional specification document, Business and Data Quality rules, Mart, Cube and Report specifications.
- Used Star Schema and Snowflake Schema for data marts / Data Warehouse.
- Generated Crystal reports by using SAP BO Tool.
- Created hierarchies, drill down and drill up reports using SAP BO.
- Created tables and queries to produce additional ad-hoc reports
- Worked on Both standard and Ad-hoc reports.
- Worked on Universe to provide connection between Database environment and Reporting environment.
- Worked on SAP layers (Database layer, Semantic layer, presentation layer)
Environment: Erwin r9.6.4, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Analysis Services 2008, DataStage, DB2, Oracle 10g,SAP Business Objects XI, Rational Rose, MS Office, MS Visio, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI/BW 7.0, Live Office.
Confidential - West Point, PA
Sr. Data Analyst/ Data Scientist
- Worked wif Business Analysts team in requirements gathering and in preparing functional specifications and translating them to technical specifications.
- Worked wif Business users during requirements gathering and prepared Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models.
- Experiences on applying Deep Learning to NLP and other natural language problems.
- Worked wif supporting business analysis and marketing campaign analytics wif data mining, data processing, and investigation to answer complex business questions.
- Developed scripts that automated DDL and DML statements used in creations of databases, tables, constraints, and updates.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using teh UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Gather all teh analysis reports prototypes from teh business analysts belonging to different Business units; Participated in JAD sessions involving teh discussion of various reporting needs.
- Reverse Engineering teh existing data marts and identified teh Data Elements (in teh source systems), Dimensions, Facts and Measures required for reports.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out wif teh appropriate Data Warehouse at teh lowest level of grain for each of teh Dimensions involved.
- Created Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), Functional diagrams, Data flow diagrams and enforced referential integrity constraints.
- Involved in designing and developing SQL server objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes (Clustered and Non-Clustered), Stored Procedures and Functions in Transact-SQL.
- Designed a Star schema for sales data involving shared dimensions (Conformed) for other subject areas using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Created and maintained Logical Data Model (LDM) for teh project. Includes documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Validated and updated teh appropriate LDM's to process mappings, screen designs, use cases, business object model, and system object model as they evolve and change.
- Conduct Design reviews wif teh business analysts and content developers to create a proof of concept for teh reports.
- Ensured teh feasibility of teh logical and physical design models.
- Worked on teh Snow-flaking teh Dimensions to remove redundancy.
- Wrote PL/SQL statement, stored procedures and Triggers in DB2 for extracting as well as writing data.
- Defined facts, dimensions and designed teh data marts using teh Ralph Kimball's Dimensional Data Mart modeling methodology using Erwin.
- Involved in Data profiling and performed Data Analysis based on teh requirements, which helped in catching many Sourcing Issues upfront.
- Developed Data mapping, Data Governance, Transformation and Cleansing rules for teh Data Management involving OLTP, ODS and OLAP.
- Created data masking mappings to mask teh sensitive data between production and test environment.
- Normalized teh database based on teh new model developed to put them into teh 3NF of teh data warehouse.
- Used SQL tools like Teradata SQL Assistant and TOAD to run SQL queries and validate teh data in warehouse.
- Created SSIS package for daily email subscriptions using teh ODBC driver and PostgreSQL database.
- Constructed complex SQL queries wif sub-queries, inline views as per teh functional needs in teh Business Requirements Document (BRD).
Environment: PL/SQL, Erwin 8.5, MS SQL 2012, OLTP, ODS, OLAP, SSIS, Transact-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant
Confidential - Greensboro, NC
Sr. Data Analyst
- Worked wif teh business analysts to understand teh project specification and helped them to complete teh specification.
- Worked in Data Analysis, data profiling and data governance identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Metadata, Data Definitions and Data Formats.
- Involved wif all teh phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout teh project life cycle.
- Used MS Access, MS Excel, Pivot tables and charts, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Communicator and User Base to perform responsibilities.
- Involved in Relational and physical data modeling for creating logical and physical design of Database and ER Diagrams.
- Extracted Data using SSIS from DB2, XML, Oracle, Excel and flat files perform transformations and populate teh data warehouse
- Performed Teradata, SQL Queries, creating Tables, and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documentation and Functional Documentation.
- Primarily responsible for coordinating between project sponsor and stake holders.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders such as editorials, designers, etc.,
- Performed Business Process mapping for new requirements.
- Designed reports in Access, Excel using advanced functions not limited to pivot tables, formulas
- Used SQL, PL/SQL to validate teh Data going in to teh Data warehouse
- Wrote complex SQL, PL/SQL testing scripts for Backend Testing of teh data warehouse application. Expert in writing Complex SQL/PLSQL Scripts in querying Teradata and Oracle.
- Used TOAD Software for Querying Oracle and Used WinSql for Querying DB2.
- Extensively tested teh Business Objects report by running teh SQL queries on teh database by reviewing teh report requirement documentation.
- Implemented teh Data Cleansing using various transformations.
- Used Data Stage Director for running and monitoring performance statistics.
- Reverse Engineered teh existing ODS into Erwin.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation.
- Ensured teh compliance of teh extracts to teh Data Quality Center initiatives.
- Gatheird and documented teh Audit trail and traceability of extracted information for data quality.
- Worked wif Data engineer
Environment: MS Access, MS Excel, Pivot tables, E/R Diagrams, SSIS, DB2, XML, Oracle, flat files, Excel, Teradata, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD
Confidential -Trenton, NJ
Sr. Data Analyst
- Worked closely wif data scientists to assist on feature engineering, model training frameworks, and model deployments implementing documentation discipline.
- Involved wif Data Analysis primarily Identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Meta Data, Data Definitions and Data Formats.
- Worked wif teh ETL team to document teh Transformation Rules for Data Migration from OLTP to Warehouse Environment for reporting purposes.
- Performed data testing, tested ETL mappings (Transformation logic), tested stored procedures, and tested teh XML messages.
- Created Use cases, activity report, logical components to extract business process flows and workflows involved in teh project using Rational Rose, UML and Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS application solutions for various business units across teh organization.
- Developed mappings to load Fact and Dimension tables, SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 dimensions and Incremental loading and unit tested teh mappings.
- Wrote test cases, developed Test scripts using SQL and PL/SQL for UAT.
- Creating or modifying teh T-SQL queries as per teh business requirements and worked on creating role playing dimensions, fact-less Fact, snowflake and star schemas.
- Wrote, executed, performance tuned SQL Queries for Data Analysis & Profiling and wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Wrote complex SQL queries for validating teh data against different kinds of reports generated by Business Objects XIR2.
- Developed Data Mapping, Transformation and Cleansing rules for teh Master Data Management Architecture involved OLTP, ODS and OLAP.
- Performed Decision Tree Analysis and Random forests for strategic planning and forecasting and manipulating and cleaning data using dplyr and tidyr packages in Python.
- Involved in data analysis and creating data mapping documents to capture source to target transformation rules.
- Extensively used SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL to write stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Analyzed of data report were prepared weekly, biweekly, monthly using MS Excel, SQL & Unix.
- Applied various machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling wif Data scientist’s team like decision tree, logistic regression, Gradient Boosting Machine to build predictive model using scikit-learn package in Python.
Environment: Python 2.7, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SQL, PL/SQL, OLTP, Oracle, MS Access2007, MS Excel, XML, Microsoft Visio, UML, OLAP, Unix
- Maintained numerous monthly scripts, executed on monthly basis, produces reports and submitted on time for business review.
- Worked wif Data Analysts to understand Business logic and User Requirements.
- Closely worked wif cross functional Data warehouse members to import data into SQL Server and connected to SQL Server to prepare spreadsheets.
- Created reports for teh Data Analysis using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created V-Look Up functions in MS Excel for searching data in large spreadsheets.
- Created SQL queries to simplify migration progress reports and analyses.
- Wrote SQL queries using joins, grouping, nested sub-queries, and aggregation depending on data needed from various relational customer databases.
- Developed Stored Procedures in SQL Server to consolidate common DML transactions such as insert, update and delete from teh database.
- Analyzed data using data visualization tools and reported key features using statistic tools.
- Developed reporting and various dashboards across all areas of teh client's business to help analyze teh data.
- Cleansed and manipulated data by sub-setting, sorting, and pivoting on need basis.
- Used SQL Server and MS Excel on daily basis to manipulate teh data for business intelligence reporting needs.
- Developed teh stored procedures as required, and user defined functions and triggers as needed using T-SQL.
- Designed data reports in Excel, for easy sharing, and used SSRS for report deliverables to aid in statistical data analysis and decision making.
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSIS.
- Used Excel and PowerPoint on various projects as needed for presentations and summarization of data to provide insight on key business decisions.
- Designed Ad-hoc reports using SQL and Tableau dashboards, facilitating data driven decisions for business users.
- Extracted data from different sources performing Data Integrity and quality checks.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Profiling and worked on data transformations and data quality rules.
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked wif data quality issues.
- Worked on V-lookups, Pivot tables, and Macros in Excel developed ad-hoc.
- Performed Data Manipulation using MS Excel Pivot Sheets and produced various charts for creating teh mock reports.
- Worked on creating Excel Reports which includes Pivot tables and Pivot charts.
- Collected, analyze and interpret complex data for reporting and/or performance trend analysis
Environment: SQL Server, MS Excel 2010, V-Look, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, OLAP, MS Power Point 2010
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes