Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst Resume
- 8+ years of experience in design, development, implementation, and administration of various Business Intelligence tools and expertise in implementing various functionalities of Data Warehouse using SQL Server, Oracle and Tableau.
- Expertise in using Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Public.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring and Administration of Tableau Server in Scale - out process
- Expertise in designing and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization
- Used actions, local and global filters according to the business/client requirement.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms like SharePoint.
- Experience in creating Sets, Joins, bins, hierarchies, sorting, grouping, actions, table calculations, calculated measures and parameters.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Experience in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables, and Physical and Logical data modeling.
- Experience in implementing Data blending, Replace references, Customized queries and advanced visualizations in Tableau.
- Worked extensively with the major functionality of ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports, multi-parameterized reports and drill through reports
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau.
- Involved in upgrading Tableau platforms in clustered environment and performing content upgrades.
- Expertise in monitoring the database server for deadlocks, long running queries and tuning the same to improve the performance.
- Expertise in data cleansing for analysis, perform data quality testing for gaps, and liaising with data origination teams.
- Experience in designing stunning visualizations using tableau software and publishing and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms.
- Ability to translate complex data requirements into simple, understandable formats understood by technical and non- technical users.
- Have been working with various data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Google analytics, SharePoint List, ODBC and flat file sources.
- Strong experience in SQL Server development, System Analysis, Design, and Support of MS SQL Server.
- Experience in T-SQL, writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL Server.
- Excellent skills in communication & collaboration, interest & ability to learn new technologies in short time.
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop v6.x/v7.x/v8.x/v9.x/10.x, 10.5x, Tableau Server v6.x/v7.x/v8.x/9.x/10.x/10.5x, Crystal reports XI/2008, Business Objects XI R1/R2/R3.x/4.x, BO Universe Designer, BO Web intelligence.
Databases: Teradata, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Alteryx,Hive, ORACLE, IBM DB2, MS Access,,, Hadoop HIVE.
ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes, OpenProj
Scripting Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, HTML
Document Management: Documentum, Share point, Ultra Edit
Defect Management tool: JIRA
Service Management Tool: HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk
Methodologies: Data Modeling - Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/Snow flake Schema, ETL, OLAP, Complete Software Development Lifecycle (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative)
Data Modeling: Power Designer, MS Visio
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Involved in full project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated with all project teams.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts and End Users to gather business requirements.
- Acted as liaison between Business Intelligence and Business User groups to relay change requests.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as their were numerous ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ conditions.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current, and forecast sales data.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Developed key indicators and the appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Involved in creating interactive, parametrized dashboards by extracting data from different sources using data blending and applying actions - filter, highlight and URL.
- Created dashboard from scratch dat included drill-through, filters, Heat/Geo/Tree maps, Pie/Bar charts, Circle views, Line/Area charts, Scatter plots, and Bullet graphs.
- Utilized Data story telling in Tableau to provide more dynamic and more effective stories from the hidden insights locked in the data.
- Created prompts, customized calculations, conditions, and filters (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Created and modified interactive dashboards and developed guided navigation links within interactive dashboards.
- Created Table of Contents (TOC), a common navigation page which had all the links to various reports and dashboards.
- Published the developed dashboards and reports on theTableauServer so dat the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and data marts.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Oversaw the performance of design to develop technical solutions from Analysis documents.
- Provided post implementation production support.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/ Server, MS Project, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Informatica Power Center, SQL Server, Control-M.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Involved in conducting trainings to user on interact, filter, sort and customize views on an existing visualization generated through Tableau desktop.
- Gathering business requirements and preparing analyses based on information from internal and external sources to evaluate and demonstrate program effectiveness and efficiency supporting projects and change requests
- Developed complex mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center for data loading.
- Create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Implementation of data warehouse data marts delivering reporting and data analytics using PL/SQL,Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Teradata tools and Performing and collaborating in modeling, designing.
- Created reports using Tableau functionalities like Queries, Drill Down, Prompts Functions to meet the requirements using SQL Server.
- Extensively worked on Dashboard reports in Tableau 10x analytics to get the interactivity of the member and enrollment information based on the year wise trend analysis. algorithms, statistical analysis
- Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report Analysis skills: ETL tools, OLAP (MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP), dimensional modeling, star schema and snowflake schema.
- Developed parameter and dimension-based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards, Heat maps using show me functionality.
- Worked creating Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures (KPI) and Measure.
- Provided multiple demonstrations of Tableau functionalities and efficient data visualizations approaches using Tableau.
- Worked on the data provider dat forms the basis of the ad-hoc analysis.
- Extensively participated in translating business needs into Business Intelligence reporting solutions by ensuring the correct selection of tool set available across the Tableau and Power BI suite.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Tableau Developer/Data Analyst
- Proactively communicated with the business users to understand the needs and develop requirement documentation.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, and functional specification documents.
- Worked in coordination with Clients for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines as per project requirement.
- Created Users, Groups and projects in Tableau environment.
- Created and managed schedules for users.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on the new changes to ensure dat the views and dashboards were displaying the updated data.
- Created different views using Tableau Desktop which were published to the business stake holders for analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Created different charts showing KPI by color dat were broken into regions allowing business user to understand which stores are the outperformers in different categories.
- Developed various data connections from data source to Tableau Server for report and dashboard development
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Tableau Dashboards and published them to the web portal.
- Developed actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Used multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in Tableau.
- Configured Cache settings which improved the performance of the reports and Dashboards.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Achieved performance tuning by implementing Caching, Aggregate tables and creating indexes on tables.
- Involved in preparing material and training Business users.
Environment: Tableau 8.x Desktop, Tableau server, SQL Server 2008R2, Informatica 8.x, SQL, T-SQL.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery, covering the entire Tableau development lifecycle.
- Experience in Marks, Publisher and Security.
- Experience with creating Worksheets, Dash boards and info graphics.
- Working with Multiple data Connections.
- Used Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for data modeling.
- Experience with troubleshooting.
- Experience in Tableau Rapid Analytics, Custom Geocoding and Reporting.
- Experience with Tableau for Data Acquisition and data visualizations for client and customers.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Expertise in Experience in BI interactive Dashboards, Tableau Publisher and Tableau Analysis.
- Experience in developing Dashboard using OLAP cubes.
- Experience of Client-Interaction on onsite/Offshore.
- Involved in Test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Live, optimized connections to Teradata to leverage the investments.
- Expertise in connecting to Oracle and SQL databases and troubleshooting.
Environment: Tableau Server 6.1, Tableau Desktop 6.1, MYSQL Server, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SSAS, Oracle 11i, Excel, T-SQL
Confidential, Austin, TX
SQL Server Developer
- Created complex stored procedures to perform Index maintenance, data profiling, metadata search, critical staging procedures for loading data marts and reporting database.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Used SSIS to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Used C#.Net to write Script in SSIS tasks like Script Task and Script Component.
- Written Code in C#.Net to make Web Application and connect with Backend (SQL Server).
- Implemented Master/Child Packages so only the Master Package has to be scheduled which will in turn fire the other packages.
- Created Sequence in SQL Server 2012 to insert same identity value in multiple dimension tables as per the business rules.
- Created SSISDB catalog with SQL Server 2012 to support SSIS package deployments in SSMS with Environment variables respective to each environment.
- Involved in debugging of packages with help of Breakpoints, Checkpoints, Event Handlers and Loggings.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization on SSIS, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Automated the ETL process by scheduling SSIS package execution by creating jobs.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2012, SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SharePoint, TFS, Power Pivot, Windows Server.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes