Business Intelligence/etl Developer Resume
- A skilled software professional with 8 years of experience as a SQL Server Developer in Sales and Marketing and Insurance domain.
- Proficient in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 with Business Intelligence in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Proficient in merging data from heterogeneous data sources like Excel, flat files, MS Access and Oracle to MS SQL Server by using Import Export Wizard and SSIS.
- Expert in development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large - scale Data Warehouses using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Expert in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages and Performance Tuning in SSIS packages.
- Proficient in dimension modeling for data warehouse which involved building Star schema and Snow Flake schema depending on business requirements.
- Experienced in creating Perspectives, Partitions, Roles and Groups, Design Aggregations, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in cubes, working with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) using SSAS.
- Expert in data modeling which involved logical and physical design of different databases to fit new business requirement.
- Expertise in Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS as an ETL tool.
- Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager using data driven subscription, Ad-hoc report using Report Builder.
- Proficient in developing Parameterized Reports, linked reports, Sub reports, create complex Reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects), drill through reports using SSRS.
- Expert in creating and modifying existing Stored Procedures and Triggers in SQL-Server.
- Proficient in creating micro strategy dashboard, documents, reports and cubes.
- Hands on experience in SQL Performance Tuning by Query Optimization and building Database Maintenance Plans.
- Exposing data in and out of Hive, writing Hive Queries to extract data.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demonstrates initiative and adaptability and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member
- MS SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Data Tools
- MS SQL Server 2012
- Oracle 9i/10g
- MS Visio 2003
- SQL Profiler
- Query Analyzer
- Windows XP/NT/2000/7
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- SQL Lit speed
- MSTR 9/10
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Business Intelligence/ETL Developer
- Designed, developed, tested & implemented ETL logic using MS SSIS Technology.
- Wrote store procedures and SQL queries to meet the adhoc requests from stakeholders using MS APS platform.
- Loaded data in and out of Hive using DB visualizer.
- Assisted in the ongoing development fordatamovement,dataquality,datacleansing and other ETL-related activities.
- Designing of master package responsible for controlling ETL flow and calling of child packages and implementation of parallel processing technique in packages to load data in a fast and efficient manner
- Participated in database schema design and data modeling of new data ware house.
- Migrated all SQL queries, views and store procedures to APS platform as per the new infrastructure.
- Was responsible for data validation between source and target system and fix any data discrepancy issues found in the process.
- Designed and built the control process to execute all SSIS packages and also in built the alert mechanism for high alert errors and failures.
- Deployed code to test environment for User Acceptance testing.
- Iteratively reviewed the code with team and incorporated all the feedback until the desired outcome has been achieved.
- Participated in both the User Acceptance and System testing phases.
- Performed QA testing of all ETL packages and TSQL code.
Environment: MS Analytics Platform System (APS), MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SSIS, Visual Studio 2014, SQL Server data tools 2013, subversion repository (SVN), GIT version control, Visio 2010, Windows 7/2003, Hive, Qlikview, Dbvisualizer
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Business Intelligence Analyst and Developer
- Wrote SQL queries, stored procedures, views, indexes and user defined functions to deliver ad-hoc data requests.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages to integrate data from diversified heterogeneous data Sources to centralized SQL server databases and data warehouse which involved cleansing, data mapping, and data conversion.
- Assisted in modifying and debugging pig scripts to extract data from Hadoop data source.
- Designed, developed and modified SSAS cubes, partitions, dimensions and measures, created calculated members using mdx expression, wrote mdx query to extract historical data from OLAP cubes as per requirement.
- Was responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation.
- Designed, developed and maintained various SSRS reports such as linked, drill down, drill through, parameterized and sub reports.
- Created data driven and time driven SSRS report subscription to deliver reports to business users and clients on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Created dashboards, reports and cubes using micro strategy, improving the performance of longer running reports.
- Generated test data and tested database, SSIS packages, SSRS reports and SSAS cubes to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2010, Team Foundation server 2012, Visio 2010, Windows 7/2003, Microstrategy 9/10
Confidential, Fenton, MO
Technician Lead/BI Developer
- Technically assisted Business Users while Review/Evaluation of the SSIS Packages, make them understood the whole design of Master and Child Packages (approx. 5 Master Packages and 190 Child Packages), dependency factors between them and the workflow of the whole process.
- Delivering the Feedback from Business Team to the offshore team regarding SSIS Packages, SSAS Cubes and SSRS Reports, coordinating with the Offshore Team on daily basis to follow up on the same issues to make sure Business Team’s Feedback has been incorporated and finally getting sign off from Business Team.
- Organized Meetings with different Client’s Team, interacted with them for clarification required for some business related questions relevant for the project, Updated offshore Team with the same.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (Excel) to centralized SQL Server databases which involved cleansing, data mapping, data conversion using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to a centralized SQL server using OLEDB providers from the existing diversified data sources through ETL tool.
- Created Complex Chart Reports, Parameterized Reports using Expressions and Functions, Grouping the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Modified OLAP Cubes to add Dimensions, Creating User Defined Hierarchy, Partitioned fact Measures using query in MOLAP structure, created new calculated members using MDX Expression as per the business requirement.
- Wrote Unit Test Cases for SSIS Packages, Modified Design document to add more details specific to reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2008, Team Foundation server 2008, Visio 2010, Windows NT/2003.
MS SQL Developer
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of MS SQL Server on various environments.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various DTS packages.
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation.
- Developed stored procedures and T-SQL code to accomplish various tasks.
- Created the different user defined functions in the application.
- Performed backup/restore, database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views.
- Tuned SQL statements and Stored Procedures.
- Combined a few simple, unrelated Database Accesses to improve performance.
- Managing disk space on Windows NT systems.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities/deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, DTS,.NET Framework, HTML, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Visual Basic 5.0, and ASP/VB.NET
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes