Innovative IT Management Executive with 15 years of achievement in balancing process improvement and technical development to provide effective, pragmatic, and sustainable solutions for business problems. Relies on broad background to provide long-term strategic leadership and a clear vision for how technology can best promote the goals of the organization but can also directly manage project tasking and contribute with hands-on technical skills in the trenches when needed to meet a deliverable. Champions innovation without losing focus on maximizing return on investment, designing the most effective approach given time/capacity/priority constraints. Strong leader with demonstrated ability to build team capacity through continuous improvement and mentoring individual team members. Proven areas of expertise include:
| || || |
- Reorganized department to increase technical capacity and capability, going from 9 FTEs 7 contractors to 17 FTEs 4 contractors while saving 300K annually.
- Took over failing performance metrics dashboard, replaced .NET/SQL Server design with standard LAMP stack and AJAX front end improving availability and timeliness of data as well as hugely speeding up application performance and scalability by well over 2000 response time went from >5 minutes to less than 20 seconds
- Created Data Integrity Management system that greatly improved very manual, time-consuming data correction process by consolidating all error reporting, increasing correction rate five fold
- Created Operational Data Store to consolidate all student data into one reporting system. Greatly improved speed and effectiveness of reporting. Published standard data reports to reduce work-load on reporting team and increase self-sufficiency of program staff
- Put in place more explicit requirements gathering process and instituted best practices for application development, thus improving of development efficiency and reducing confusion
- Put in place Knowledge Management solution to consolidate all system documentation in one place and institutionalize policy, processes, definitions etc
- Successfully made the case to city government to obtain 12 million in new capital funding for replacing current Student Information System
- Analyzed business processes and advised on business process improvement
- Advised business users on technical implementation as well as hands-on code development.
- Lead IT consultant for 100 Quickbase applications 6000 users, 20 agencies .
- Directed the activities of other contractors and interfaced with other district resources as appropriate
- Provided technical advising for various application development engagements to help maximize ROI
- DCPS, Special Education Group Created numerous other workflow and project management applications with functionality ranging from simple task/activity tracking to complex workflow and reporting. Created perl scripts to clean up data and import into back end database
- OCTO Call center application used in to log calls, track responses, etc. built and deployed in less than one day
- Securities Portfolio Reporting system Led team which reverse engineered existing reports and created requirements for new portfolio performance tracking system. Gained significant experience in understanding of standard securities performance metrics Time Weighted vs. Dollar Weighted returns, risk vs. return and efficient frontier plots, etc
- Developed metrics reporting system for telecommunications infrastructure firm. Complex metrics were analyzed in order to be mapped to database tables. Target audience were external clients so interface sophistication and report clarity were critical
- Developed a Six Sigma metric display dashboard Business Objects/Teradata for large logistics company wrote all SQL code and created business objects universes and reports
- Six Sigma metric evaluation and roll out.
- Creating applications to support consulting initiatives Process improvement and training/belt certification
- Data systems triage to identify low hanging fruit opportunities to improve data quality
- Completed process mapping and identified audit needs and control points
- Documenting process and procedures and creating reference/training materials for Financial Services firm
- Survey design and implementation - multi-path, 360, facilitated, online offline for various clients
- Business Process Mapping/Re-Engineering/Implementation activities for various clients