- 7 years of experience on OBIEE 11g OBIEE 10.1.3.x and Siebel Analytics 7.8 in designing Dashboards, Answers, Administration Tool, and Analytics RPD.
- Experience in the Siebel Analytics/OBIEE RPD metadata i.e. Customized Siebel Analytics Repository, defined Physical Data Layer, developed Business Model and Presentation Layer using Siebel Analytics Administration Tool
- Business Intelligent Solutions using Data Warehouse and OLAP Techniques.
- Data modeling experience using Dimensional Data modeling, Star/Snow flake schema, Fact and Dimension tables, Physical and logical data modeling.
- Experience using Informatica PowerCenter 8.1/7.1.
- Good hands on experience in using BI Publisher to create reports from BI Answers, BI server.
- Strong working experience in using OBI/Siebel Delivers which includes configuring Delivery Devices, creating and configuring iBots, and building Alerts.
- Extensively used different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Sorter, Update Strategy, Lookup, Joiner and Sequence Generator.
- Proficient in Installing and configuring Siebel Analytics/OBIEE and Informatica.
- Strong expertise in Implementing MUD Multi User Development Environment.
- Expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Reporting, ETL, Data Modeling, Development, Maintenance, Testing and Documentation.
- Worked extensively on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and ETL Processes.
- Experience in Oracle 10g- design and developing Stored Procedures/Packages, Database Triggers, Cursors using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Good knowledge of SQL Loader for extraction of Data from legacy databases.
- Good Knowledge in Performance Tuning of Dashboards and on database side.
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
RDBMS : Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access.
Languages : C, C , SQL, PL SQL
ETL Tools : Informatica Power center 8.1/7.1 , Oracle OLAP
Analytics : OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics 7.8
Tools/Utilities : SQL Loader, TOAD, SQL developer
Web Languages : HTML, XML
Operating systems : Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista, Unix, Linux
Senior OBIEE Developer
- Duke Energy
- COX Cable
- National Science Foundation
- Software Engineering Team Lead on OBIEE, ETL, DAC, OBIA and ODI
Senior OBIEE Developer
- Monitored ETL batch jobs and did performance tuning
- Debugged complex SQL queries.
- Carried out hands on DAC scheduling and monitoring
- Conducted root cause analysis and resolved the issues within SLA.
- Presented permanent solutions to IT.
- Estimated efforts and carried out some ITIL support processes.
Sr. OBIEE Developer OBIEE 11g
- Effectively interacted with the end users for requirement gathering and defined requirement specifications document
- Assisted with the upgrade of OBIEE10g to OBIEE11g
- Worked extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Created numerous executive level reports. 'Dashboards' were generated to provide insight into the financial data.
- Designed Schema/Diagrams using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables, created Kimball Matrix
- Created different types of Customized Reports Drilldown, Aggregation to meet client requirements.
- Built Business model and established relationships Foreign Keys Physical Logical between tables.
- Created business reports using BI Answers as per requirements.
- Generated various Analytics Reports using global and local filters.
- Identified the aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregates.
- Added users and configured security in web logic console of OBIEE 11g.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements
- Setting up LDAP authentication to enable SingleSign on for Users in Development environment leveraging Analytics Repository.
- Used Informatica Mapping Designer to create/update mapping using different transformations required to move data into data warehouse.
- Created workflows for full load and incremental loads to be used by DAC, worked with two offshore developers to ensure delivery and accuracy
- Assembled subject areas and created execution plan and accommodated the new Informatica mappings.
- Monitoring Incremental Full load through DAC.
- Trained End Users and Pilot Users about OBIEE Tools.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, developing, support and maintenance of the BI APPS.
Sr. OBIEE Developer OBIEE 11g
- Worked closely with the business users to identify various KPI's and designed solutions to enhance business decision-making.
- Worked on Oracle BI EE Administration tool for customizing the Physical layer, Business layer, Presentation layer and modifying it according to the business requirements.
- Worked with the physical layer to create Connection pools and imported physical tables and defined joins.
- Developed and customized some of the existing multiple Dimensions Drill-Down Hierarchies Logical objects in Business Model Layer, and creating the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Created Global/Local Prompts, Narrative Views, Filters, Charts, Pivot Tables, Compound layouts to design the dashboards.
- Created Security settings in Oracle Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also manages security for groups in BI Answers.
- Developed Dashboards for each of Metrics by embedding Reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics in providing summary and detail reports.
- Used OBIEE Delivers to automate iBot queries, obtain weekly reports and to send alerts to related managers and secured team members.
- Worked in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Participated in complete life cycle of the project from project initiation, to development, to production support and maintenance.
- Enhance performance of Reports/Dashboards by implementing the Aggregate tables, Table execution path by making use of hints, Creation/Re-building of Indices and Cache Management.
- Created and saved several BI Publisher reports by selecting an Answers request as the Data Source.
- Built multiple execution plans in DAC for weekly and daily loads.
- Created comprehensive and easy-to-understand Documentation of the complete implementation of the Customer Sales Business modules Reports, Dashboards, Security and Star schema .
- Build test cases and tested the Reports / Dashboards by comparing the SQL Output on the Data warehouse to the values in the Reports/Dashboards, documented the test results.
Sr. OBIEE Consultant
- Part of an OBIEE configuration and development team, ensuring design, development and testing work is completed to standard and on time.
- Capture and document Management Information/Business Intelligence requirements from clients, via interviews/workshops, ensuring suitable balance of business needs and delivery feasibility.
- Design, configuration and documentation of Logical and Physical Data Model and ETL process mapping configuration.
- Managed and provided Permissions for Reports and Dashboards in OBIEE Presentation Services Web Catalog.
- Developed Metadata repository .rpd that consists of Physical, BMM and Presentation layer, external table security with session variables, tested and validated the business model repository level calculations using Oracle BI Administration tool.
- Performance Tuning using optimization efforts such as re-organizing the data, aggregate navigation, Cache Management, indexes and report changes.
- Developed several Dashboards and Reports using different Views Pivot Table, Chart and Column Selector, Narrative and so on , with drill-down and drill across capabilities, guided navigation and dashboard and page prompts.
- Preparation for and execution of Component, System and User Acceptance testing, including bug resolution.
- Creation of Reports, Dashboards, Customizing login screen, and Portal banner.
Environment: Oracle 11g, MS SQL, OBIEE 10.1.3.3.2, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Visio, MS Excel
- Worked closely with Business Analysts in understanding the Analytics Requirements and created Business Models for Generating Reports as per the requirements.
- Involved in creating the Star Schema, Logical and Physical Modeling.
- Built the Analytics repository Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer .
- Created Complex Joins, Alias Tables and Views.
- Tuned OBIEE Reports and designed Query Caching and Data Caching for Performance Gains.
- Developing Calculated Measures and assigning these Aggregation levels based on Dimension Hierarchies.
- Developed Month Ago, Year Ago Measures for Comparison of Sales and Used Time Series Functions and To Date Functions Extensively.
- Created Aggregated Tables and Configured the Content in Business Model Layer to use the Aggregate Tables for better Performance.
- Worked extensively on Answers, Delivers, and Interactive Dashboards for Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Developed Various Dashboards and Reports and Created the Business Model for Ad-hoc queries using Oracle BI Answers and assigning them to application specific dashboards.
- Designed the Row Level Security for the Managers to View the Reports pertaining to their Region.
- Extensively used Repository Variables, Session Variables and Initialization Blocks for Configuring the Data and User Security.
- Involved in Testing the reports and writing Test cases for Reports developed.
- Installed and configured Oracle BI Publisher and it's integration with Oracle BI Presentation services.
- Analyzed the Functional specifications provided by the Data Architect and Created Technical Specification Documents for all the mappings.
- Developed Logical and Physical Data Models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using ER Studio.
- Converted the data mart from Logical design to Physical design, defined data types, Constraints, Indexes, generated Schema in the Database, created Automated scripts, defined storage parameters for the objects in the Database.
- Defined various Facts and Dimensions in the data mart, Aggregate and Summary facts.
- Extensively used Power Center/Mart to design Multiple Mappings with Embedded Business Logic.
- Created Transformations like Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica Designer.
- Created Complex Mappings using Lookup, Sorter, Aggregator, and Router transformations for populating Target Table in Efficient manner.
- Prepared the ETL Mapping Spreadsheet and Fact Dimension Matrix simultaneously prior to performing the ETL process.
- Created Mapplet and used them in different Mappings.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache.
- Maintained Warehouse Metadata, Naming Standards and Warehouse Standards for future application development.
- Extensively Used Sql queries, Triggers, Indexes, Oracle Functions.
- Customized New Subject Areas and Included New tasks to load Custom Tables.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, Informatica 8.1.1, OBIEE 10.1.3.2, DAC, BI Publisher, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL, SQL Loader,