IT Software Report Developer
An experienced Report Developer/Analyst with demonstrated success in designing, developing and publishing custom reporting solutions for various Lines of businesses within an enterprise.
- Excellent Analytical, Logical and Programming skills.
- Diagnostic Ability - Ability to go to the core of the problem, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Expert in figuring out &understanding business needs, focusing on the important/real Issues, translating them into technical actions and implementing a resulting Report.
- Expertise in developing complex reports and ensuring accuracy in Corporate, Production and Data Warehouse Reporting with through knowledge in Crystal Reports, BO XI, SSRS, Cognos reporting tools.
- Experience in developing Dynamic Dashboard reports using Crystal Xcelsius, Cognos Business Intelligence, Dundas Dashboard
- Expert in installing, creating and designing SQL databases by drawing entity relationship diagram (ERD), writing complex SQL, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Advanced Experience in SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS(Analysis Services), SSMS(SQL Server Management Studio)
- Strong in using office applications especially Excel, MS Visio, MS Access
- Excellent communication skills to interact with people of all technical levels to gather business requirements.
- Excellentproblem resolution skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Experience supporting technical/business teams, gathering requirements, writing functional/technical requirements, writing test plans and leading JAD/RAD sessions and assisting Project Management activities.
- Extensive experience supporting client server/web environments with full SDLC experience.
- Extensive experience in BI suite - using integration services (SSIS) for ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading), reporting services (SSRS) for creating different types of reports
Database & Tools: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 9g/10g, IBM DB2 and DB Visualizer.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, VB.Net.
Systems: Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 2000
GUI Tools: Crystal Reports 8.0/8.5/XI/2008, SSRS 2005/2008, CognosReportNet, Cognos 8 BI, Visual Basic 5.0/6.0 and VB.Net
Desktop Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
Additional Information: Member of the SAP Business Objects Support Community Network, Windows Live and more other forums.
Analytical & Logical Expertise:
Demonstrates Initiative - Follows Thru, Lead, Detail Oriented, Flexible Team Player, Works Independently, High Professionalism, Manage Multiple Tasks, Strong Interpersonal Skills, Strong Organizational Skills, Strong Sense of Urgency, Deadline Hitting, Strong Verbal - Written Communication Skills.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Confidential, New Mexico
Environment/Tools: Windows XP, SQL Server 2005 & 2008, Crystal Reports XI, BO XI, SSRS 2008, SSIS
- Analyzed data models and worked with data architects to further define and create new models to support on-going reporting business needs
- Support the ongoing project with reporting solutions.
- Worked with BA and collect the requirements. Designing new reports as requested by the client.
- Create ad-hoc queries using SQL Server databases for custom reporting needs
- Produced high efficiency reports based upon the resources available.
- Fixed the procurement reports that had problems.
- Developed custom T-SQL stored procedures, views, functions (Table Value Functions) used by reporting services
- Developed reports on various projects Performance Budgeting, Financial and couple more upcoming projects using Crystal reports XI.
- Highly responsible for development and management of SSRS projects
- Deployed Reporting Services RDL’s to test, staging and production from Bids
- Worked with Data architect and business users to understand business processes, document project requirements and translate them into functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Analyzed old reports designed in crystal reports and transform those reports into SSRS report with proper mapping and error handing.
- Built efficient SSIS packages to extract, transform and load (ETL) data with complex integration of SQL Server, oracle and flat file sources
Environment/Tools:Windows 7, Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, Business Objects XI
- Studying and mapping the relationship within data, conducting meeting to gather business requirements, Generalize them on developing On demand Business Objects Web Intelligence documents for Business Analysis
- Follow the process of coining the data relationship and build models for the requirements and bring them live using Crystal Reports 2008 using links and querying the under lying data source.
- Install Business Objects Enterprise and Crystal reports server. Build parameterized, graphical user controlled reports for maximized benefit. Create and use Business Objects Universe for On Demand Web I and Desk I documents for immediate reporting solutions.
- Troubleshoot and develop java port let for the PPM Applications using HP Workbench.
Environment/Tools:Windows XP, IIS 5.0/6.0, MS SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, IBM DB2, Cognos 8 BI , MS-Access 2007, MS-Office 2007, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, Microsoft Visio 2003, Visual Source Safe, Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports 2008, Crystal Xcelsius, Business Objects Web Intelligence 3.0
- Design and develop Business Reports gathering requirements from Business Analysts translate business requirements and or use cases into well documented fully attributedmodelsto meet end users reporting needs, identify problems and gather suggestions for improvements.
- Expertise in trouble shoots Production reports, get into the core of the problem, and resolve issues in the timely manner.
- Increase performance by redesigning data connections/table links/code/layout. Creating Stored Procedures, Functions to meet the complexity of the requirement.
- Create Dashboard reports by coding in SSRS, Dundas Charts using MS Visual Studio 2005 custom assembly for decision making by the Business Management.
- Establishing new and modified reporting techniques, providing trends to improve the report content and completeness of information. Standardize and Create metrics for Reports. Strong experience in combining reports by using filter criteria to limit the information available for various business lines.
- Migrating production reports to current/new data sources, initiate fixing up unforeseen issues.
- Maintain Back up for report files using Visual Source Safe (VSS). Import and Automate Data from other applications/environment to the Reporting Repository. Design, Develop & Trouble shoot test reports constituting various project installation and automation.
- Automating report process, develop DTS packages and create, schedule job agents, documenting the process throughout the cycle. Develop SSIS Packages for ETL processing.
- Generate, troubleshoots and fixing up the HR reports usingCognos 8 BI.
Environment/Tools:Windows 2000/2003 Servers, IIS 5.0/6.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, Crystal Reports 9.0/XI, Business Objects XI, CognosReportNet, Cognos 8 BI, MS-Access 2000, MS-Office 2003, Business Objects Web Intelligence 3.0, Micro strategy 9
- Designed and developed various activities throughout the project.
- Collected requirements from end users worked with programmers on technical and functionality issues. Create, testing and deploying Business Objects Universe and call them for powerful reporting in Web I
- Design and deliver Crystal Reports using charts, graphs and video files to visualize data containing SQL stored procedures, functions and complex queries. Produce ad-hoc reports using Microstrategy 9 and Web Intelligence 3.0
- Review Login and Administration Module.Integrating the reports into web application for access to the end users. Documented the steps of installing and configuring the Crystal Enterprise.
Environment/Tools:Windows NT/2000/2003, IIS 5.0, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0, Crystal Reports 8.5/9.0 MS-Access 2000, MS-Office 2000, Cognos ReportNet.
- Primarily involved in creation of applications by using vb.net and enhancement of the projects for .net applications, creation of the reports with the help of the crystal report tool and presentations of the projects.
- Produced performance reports using Crystal formulas, Parameters, Selection criteria, Sub reports, Graphical Representations etc.
- Developed views using base tables and customized them to use it in the reports.
- Was responsible to make changes on reports with issues, and include the changes in the Current Build for the release of the next version.
- As a developer involved in developing search module, which enables all users to customize, their search by selecting the necessary fields.
- Involved in creating and designing stored procedures and triggers to customize reports according to specifications in SQL 7.0/2000.
- Tested and implemented SMTP email and FTP scheduling feature of Crystal Enterprise 8.5.
- Supported conference calls for Development in Test (DIT) and User Acceptance Test (UAT).