Data/Reporting Analyst – Expert (Contract)
- Developed Operational Dashboards for executive management using Microstrategy.
- Coordinated development of web dashboards with development of mobile dashboards to ensure consistency.
- Created intelligent cubes and advanced external metrics/filters for other analysts to use.
- Created reports for internal analysts when complexity required the use of more advanced features of Microstrategy (i.e. use of pass-through SQL using Apply functions).
- Provided ad hoc reports when needed.
- Assisted with manual legacy Excel/Access-based report preparation when internal resources not available.
- Automated some manual report processes using Microstrategy.
- Trained internal TWC employees on Microstrategy and Data Warehousing concepts and experiences.
- Provided Business Intelligence expertise to internal employees when applicable.
Lead Business Analyst – Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- Documented Data Warehouse project scope and approach documents.
- Performed source systems and data analysis.
- Collaborated with Systems and Data Architects in assessing Business Intelligence and data virtualization tools.
- Created logical and physical data models to integrate financial/sales planning, POS, invoicing, and product master data from Home Entertainment division into Enterprise Data Warehouse to support domestic and international operations.
- Created EDW source-to-target mapping and report requirements documents.
- Interviewed business units and created business process flow charts.
- Worked with BI architects and report developers to ensure EDW physical design (Netezza) was compatible with Microstrategy architectures and met reporting requirements.
- Worked with application team to incorporate application changes into EDW.
- Worked with ETL developers in designing and validating transformation logic.
- Model testing, data validation and ETL testing.
- Trained others in EDW design and usage.
- OBIEE/Business Objects to Microstrategy report and Universe/metadata conversions.
- Debug data and reporting issues.
Business Intelligence Analyst Lead
- Provide sales/financial/strategic analytics support to internal executive management and marketing/vendor management/ Business development/Accounting/Legal departments, to give insight into trends within the online distressed real estate marketplace provided to the mortgage servicing industry.
- Collaborated with business/product development departments and various client account managers to consolidate customized business and system workflows specific to each of 150+ clients, for the purposes of defining industry-wide KPIs.
- Collaborated with internal departments to define company-wide KPIs.
- Collaborate with and provided business perspective to Data Architect and ETL developers in Data Warehouse design sessions to ensure effective data models that meet current and future analytics requirements.
- Define BI department roles/responsibilities, forecast needed staff levels, led recruitment efforts, and train new recruits.
- Discussed with VP and Director of BI in developing department goals, strategic roadmaps, and product revenue models.
- Manage and allocate team resources in execution of projects.
- Provide mentoring support to team members.
- Oversaw Microstrategy platform build out.
- Used various source system, workflow, and functional decomposition analysis techniques (including SSIS, SQL, and ColdFusion source code debugging) to uncover Data Warehouse, ODS, and client reporting requirements, as well as to provide data mappings and ETL logic for internal/external ETL/report developers.
- Logical and physical data modeling.
- Data cleansing logic and strategy.
- BI/reporting/data consultation for external clients.
- Gathered ODS/Reporting request requirements from internal/external clients, and provided estimated LOE/ETA and technical specifications.
- Provide ADHOC reports to internal/external clients on request.
- Created and maintained source-to-target data mapping, ERD, and other technical documentation, and distributed to both internal and external customers on request.
- Provide ODS/OLTP training to team members, other internal employees, and external clients.
- Provide other internal and external ODS support on demand.
- Provided data extracts/reports from MS Great Plains database and worked with Accounting department to resolve any GL entry/invoicing reconciling issues.
- Develop/modify SSIS packages, stored procedures, and table views used in ETL process.
- Research data issues found within Microstrategy, Data Warehouse, ODS, and/or ETL process.
- Support other existing reporting products and oversee global enhancements for workstation Ad Hoc reporting component, dashboard reporting, and customized data transfer files.
- Provided functional Business Analysis support to hazard insurance division of service outsourcing provider to the mortgage industry.
- Gathered and documented requirements for systems and process changes through interviews with business units.
- Collaborated with developers in performing source systems analysis to determine scope and feasibility of change requests.
- Coordinated with multiple development teams when change requests impact multiple systems.
- Performed QA and UAT and assisted with systems design to ensure functionality.
- Coordinated with developers and network administrators in setting up testing environments when changes affect multiple systems. Prior to testing, ensured that software versions of all systems reflect versions that will be in production after release date.
- Coordinated with development teams to ensure migration of systems changes occur on the same release date if multiple changes are co-dependant.
- Trained business units affected by business or insurance tracking systems changes.
- Used tools such as BusinessObjects XI, MS Access, MS Excel, and MS SQL Server Management Studio to perform data analysis and research, and to validate data integrity.
- Performed source system analysis and data validation for newly released data warehouse.
- Trained team members on the design and use of the data warehouse.
- Performed detailed analysis on ADHOC and automated reports requests.
- Assisted financial analysis department in how to use the data warehouse for monthly and AD HOC reports.
- Researched and analyzed system and manual processes, and prepared written recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Documented procedures for newly designed processes or systems.
- Provided product support to business units.
- Performed marketing, sales, and operations analysis using Business Objects, TOAD SQL Client, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- Provided daily, weekly, and monthly sales and operations reports to executive management and various department managers.
- Provided strategic ADHOC reports to executive management.
- Assisted finance department and treasury department in preparing monthly forecasts.
- Used ERwin DataModeler and Microsoft Excel to create Dimensional Data Models that reflect the loan origination business process and allows for measurement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Trained Reporting Analysts and Data Miners in business processes, information technology processes, analysis tools, and using Enterprise Data Warehouse system.
- Alerted project managers to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Gathered requirements through interviews with business owners and end users, workshops, and existing system documentation/procedures.
- Analyzed preliminary business and information technology processes and prepared groundwork for Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Performed source systems analysis and created data mapping documentation.
- Provided data ETL logic to Enterprise Data Warehouse developers.
- Performed UAT before any Data Warehouse changes are released into production.
- Used industry standard analysis techniques to uncover client requirements such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, and object modeling.
- Performed periodic audits of data and report efficacy to ensure modifications of business processes are accurately reflected in Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehouse system.
- Delegated workflow to other Reporting Analysts and led projects to completion.
- Designed, implemented, and managed online direct-to-consumer sales and processing operations.
- Researched, planned, and implemented Internet marketing strategies.
- Analyzed performance of marketing strategies.
- Gathered requirements for, developed, and installed e-commerce sites for clients.
- Developed web-based inventory control system.
- Analyzed and implemented changes to business processes to increase efficiency.
- Created, modified, optimized, and maintained company databases.
- Trained employees on any new features to existing systems and installation of new system.
- SAP BusinessObjects XI-R2
- Microstrategy 9.5
- Some Tableau Desktop
- OBIEE 10.1
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, Project, Visio
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Oracle 8.1/9i/10g/11g
- Netezza 7
- Aginity Workbench
- Quest Toad
- Quest Toad Data Modeler
- ERwin DataModeler
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Serena Dimensions
- MKS Integrity
- Frontpage Heat
- Some Microsoft SSIS
- Some Informatica Powercenter 9.5.1
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Relational database design.
- Data Warehouse design (Star-schema and snowflake)
- Some HiveQL
- Object-oriented programming and data structure design.
- Java, PHP
- Metrics analysis of strategic/financial/operational performance and efficiency.
- Understanding of open market mechanisms and some financial derivative instruments.
- SDLC methodologies