Accomplished IT professional, MBA with successful track record in designing and deploying end-to-end enterprise Data Warehouse, Analytical and Business Intelligence solutions. Architecting end-to-end data analytics and business intelligence solutions implementation along with working experience in enterprise data architecture, proof of concept, gap analysis, system capacity planning, applications/system DR assessment, SLA, vendor engagement and planning. Dedicated individual and team player with a unique blend of expertise in functional, technical, infrastructure planning and setup, integration and project management.
Specific expertise in:
- Business Intelligence Certified
- Data Warehouse Certified
- Enterprise Architecture - TOGAF
- Strategic IT Planning
- Enterprise Solution Architecture
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Architecture Data Design & Modeling
Databases – Netezza, Oracle 11g and SQL database Server
BI Tools – OBIEE, HFM, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos, Tableau
Design Tool – Erwin data modeling, Enterprise Architect
ETL Tools – Informatica, Data Stage, AB Intio, ODI, Talend
OS - Unix, Linux, Windows
Provides Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Analytics professional services – designing and implementing broad range of BI projects roadmap, BI tool set, data architecture, BI best practices processes and data integration services for an organization that provides airlines carriers around the world with services focused on improving operations by leveraging aircraft performance data and performing predictive analytics to reduce operational losses.
- Working effectively across organization boundaries and cross functional teams in driving enterprise business analytics and finance projects from business strategy, objectives and requirements a to a sound technology solution and documenting the different technology layers that encompass the integration of Tableau OEM tool with client ASN Prognostic tool which includes physical layer, application layer, data layer, change management, governance and interfaces.
- Established Data Integration and Data Transformation strategy – setting up ETL environments, data mapping, data load strategies, data integration services layer and change data capture strategies.
- Leading Analytical project architecture design effort in standing-up front-end business intelligence and back-end DW architecture design and facilitating information architecture technology roadmap with the organization CTO. Documented and publishing data architecture best practices and processes guidelines to ASN Wiki site – which includes BI/DW architecture roadmap, metadata architecture, naming standards, data architecture (logical/physical DM) consolidation processes (ETL) and procedures to properly manage BI/DW practice reports, dashboards, users and data life cycle.
- Led Proof of Concept for different technology tools for business analytics such as Tableau and Treasury Management System (Wall Street) and presented recommendation and project execution plan and cost. Conducted Tableau OEM PoC, engaged vendor, negotiated pricing, SLA and end-users training engagement to ensure successful deployment of Tableau at the client site.
- Build solid relationships with stakeholders and developing solutions cost structure for different project such as data integration, analytics and financial systems by identifying all cost points relevant to solutions such as development cost, initial investment cost, on-going support, software/hardware licensing, acquisition/implementation plan.
Confidential – Plano, Texas
Sr. Principal IT Architect
Managed business process reengineering information-gathering sessions to determine and assess BI/DW project requirements, identifying best-fit architecture and technology solutions that are in line with enterprise architectural standards and business needs in order to deliver enterprise finance DW and BI solution.
- Implemented BI technology roadmap covering Finance, Sales and Operational data. Built standards and processes for a DW/BI enterprise reporting solution aggregating multiple divisional ERP applications data for BI reporting and analytics. Generated corporate data models, data dictionary and subject area BI reporting models for KIPs, dashboards and metrics
- Treasure system environment architecture design and support of HFM V11 (500 + global user environment) including disaster recovery (DR), capacity planning and upgrade roadmap.
- Conducted Gap Fit Assessments, Business Process Reviews and provided strategic thinking and drove architectural recommendation and implementation. Created, reviewed and evaluated design requirements documentation as they pertain to a client engagement.
- Provided oversight in design and development of BI data layers, ETL requirements/transformation and designed robust back-end enterprise data model (normalized and dimensional data model) using Erwin data modeling tool
- Reviewed BW/BI vendor products (Oracle, SAP) for functionality and compatibility in existing technical landscape. Supported vendor management concepts including SLA’s, SOW, change management and problem management
- Defined security architecture, and applied enterprise standards, policies and reference architectures to all solutions including disaster recovery (DR), disaster simulation exercises, business continuity and fail over processes
- Provided technical leadership and hands on design leading solution/vendors evaluation, M & A, and worked with 3rd party vendors to define and deliver applications.
- Supported vendor management concepts including SLA’s, SOW, change management, problem management and evaluated commercial-of-the-shelf packaged solutions for BI and Finance
- Generated corporate data model, data dictionary and subject area reporting models. And reviewed BW/BI vendor products (Oracle, SAP) for functionality and compatibility in existing technical landscape
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Manager, Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse
Led end-to-end hands-on design and implementation of Aleris first Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DW) project that resulted in capturing Line Of Business (LOB) customer profitability by item in order to increase revenue margins and drive down production cost.
- Captured business BI requirements and designed OBIEE BI dashboards, reports, metrics, DW ERwin logical/physical data models, data marts dimensional modeling (star/snowflake), slowly changing dimensions, ETL Staging, Informatica mappings to outsource data from different manufacturing systems, performance tuning, created DDLs, front-end reports and conducted training
- Developed Hyperion Essbase cubes for finance BI reports and front-end OBIEE enterprise reports, dashboards, architected back-end data warehouse, ETL and data integration processes
- Collaborated with the business leaders and IT in developing shared vision and roadmap for the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse initiative across the organization
- Managed the Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence production environment which included vendors management, tools selections, capacity planning, disaster recovery, and licensing control
- Devised and implemented a Business Intelligence technology roadmap for a global organization, set-up BI environment utilizing Oracle OBIEE BI tool on the front-end and Oracle 11g, and Informatica ETL tool on the back-end
- Facilitated JAD sessions, and provided data architecture and project design reviews and technical direction for Analytical reporting, KPI, dashboards, scorecard metrics, and ad hocs needs.
- Met with business leaders and assisted in designing custom end-user training sessions to increase BI analytical visibility across the organization and assisted in building BI standards for documentation
- Implemented company wide data standards and data dictionary to unify data management across the organization
- Supported and maintained OBIEE and Oracle DW production environment for 100+ BI user community. Managed environment capacity planning, support and disaster recovery expectation
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Lead -- Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse
Coordinated and participated in the consumer lending DW design for Capital One to ensure the overall data warehouse architecture meets management analytical needs
- Participated with business owners/partners to ensure initiatives were implemented to promote EDW across the enterprise rather than departmental
- Analyzed business processes and identified functional and technical system requirements and communicated project scope, deliverables, budget and development needs to an off-shore team
- Implemented a full cycle DW project to meet the organization strategic business initiative adhering to Ralph Kimball methodology and managed a staff of seven employees
- Evaluated current technical architecture and backend design and worked with off shore development team to resolve technical issues
- Coordinated with teams DW design review to ensure reliability, performance, scalability, fail-over and backup and recovery
- Led technical architecture reviews in evaluating DW technologies, wrote high level design documents and presented recommendation based on business needs
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Data Warehouse Architect/Project Manager
Designed and implemented Confidential first DW which captured manufacturing processing lines granular data such as the electrical characteristics of wafers during manufacturing processing in order to enhance future chip design.
- Outlined the DW project life cycle implementation phases from inception to delivery which included business need assessment, data source definition, data source analysis, physical design, technical architecture, data staging and loading, and end user acceptance testing
- Managed Data Warehousing project which included risk assessment, roadmap planning, developing project time lines, budgeting, researching material, writing specifications, locating suppliers, team management, analyzing customer needs, and requirement gathering
- Participated in custom software package commercialization effort for the semiconductor market segment. Researched and analyzed competitors’ market segment
Confidential, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Manager, Information Systems
Managed Oracle manufacturing databases, network infrastructure operation (LAN & WAN), helpdesk operation and a team of seven employees.
- Coordinated global deployment initiatives with Bosch global IT team in deploying IT infrastructure changes company wide and assisted in defining and implementing IT procedures and guidelines
- Managed vendor’s selection and installation of EMC Storage Area Network (SAN) company wide
- Led the design and upgrade of company wide network infrastructure Fiber Optic backbone and the upgrade of data center Cisco network switches
Previous Employment History
Confidential, Grand Rapids, Michigan – Systems Engineer
Confidential, Denver, Colorado – Systems Analyst