Highly skilled software development professional bringing more than 5 years in software design, development and integration using advanced knowledge of COBO, JCL, IDMS and CICS. Software Developer skilled at technical leadership, communication and presentations. Experienced in full project life cycle from design to implementation and integration.
Languages: COBOL, CICS, JCL and CICS
Tools(S/W): INTERTEST, OLQ, DMLO, FILE MANAGER, ELIPS, CA7, FTP
Operating System : MVS, Windows
Database : IDMS, VSAM, DB2
Middleware : MQ Series
Project : XPD2 (IESC - Applications Support)
Type : Enhancement, Maintenance and Support
Platform : Mainframes
Software : CICS, MVS, JCL, COBOL, FILE MANAGER, MQ
Tool : CA7, ELIPS, DMLO, OLQ, INTERTEST (CICS debugging tool by CA), FA (Fault Analyzer)
Data base : IDMS
Client : Confidential
Role : Senior Programmer
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, highly available and modular application programs.
- Modified existing application programs to correct errors and improve performance.
- Drafted comprehensive reports to document bugs and design flaws.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs.
- Performed regression and system - level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Maintained existing applications and designed and delivered new applications.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Developed code fixes and enhancements for inclusion in future code releases and patches.
- Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
- Evaluated and responded to incoming sales leads and requests for technical support assistance.
- Resolved customer issues in a clear, courteous and straightforward manner.
- Identified and solved technical issues with a variety of diagnostic tools.
- Conducted research to address customer concerns.
- Activated accounts for clients interested in new services.
- Provided documentation on start-up, shut down and first level troubleshooting of processes to help desk staff.
- Consistently met deadlines and requirements for all production work orders.
- Monitored Database areas and took the appropriate action by coordinating with DBA.
- Monitoring nightly batch and taking required action in case of failure.
- CA7 job scheduling and running specials.
- System upgrades testing.