- Advanced experience in information technology with the last 12 years as an Senior Business System Analyst/Developer in the areas of Healthcare, Marketing, Finance, Ecommerce, government healthcare initiatives and logistics, warehousing and inventory control of a multi - Terabyte systems with the emphasis on IT development of complex SQL database queries as well as gathering software requirements, software specifications, unit testing, and utilizing use case/test case development standards.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite of tools including: Access, Word, Excel, Outlook Express, PowerPoint and Visio. Reporting tools experience: Oracle Reports, Oracle Discoverer, SSRS, Hyperion and Crystal Reports; excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Excels at keeping management and stakeholders informed of status changes and project progress. Actively coordinating all areas of the development effort with peers, professional staff, senior level executives and internal customers.
Methodologies and Concepts: Agile, Waterfall, OOA/OOD, SDLC, CMMI, Unit and Module Level Testing
Databases: Oracle (6i, 7, 8, 9i, 10g, 11g, 11i, 12), MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MySQL, exposure to DB2 and Sybase
Software: Oracle Designer, Oracle Discoverer (Administration and Design), Oracle Forms and Reports (6i, 7, 8, 9i, 10g), SQL Loader, TOAD for Oracle and SQLServer, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, Visio. Configuration Control utilizing PVCS and Oracle CM control tool, SharePoint, IBM Rational tools: ClearQuest. ClearCase, RTC.
Languages: Ada, Basic, COBOL, FORTRAN, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, TSQL and Unix Shell scripting.
Operating System Environments: Microsoft, Unix, Linux, Red Hat
System Platforms: Microsoft Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP, 7, 8), SUN OS, DEC VAX
Confidential, Winter Park, FL
Business Systems Analyst IV
- Collaborated with various business units and third parties, to investigate and analyze location and management requests for additions or changes to the system. Defined requirements were designed and developed taking into consideration all relevant HIPAA and government privacy regulations.
- Captured, compiled, reviewed, defined, validated and documented business processes and software requirements. Assisted the software developers through the designing, coding, testing, and deployment phases by providing Oracle SQL queries and step by step processing for the development effort.
- Mentored and trained junior Business Analysts on adopting best practices and in the various software development and verification activities and how to plan, analyze, design, test and document software and contribute to system integration
Confidential , Orlando, FL
- Collaborated with technical staff and SME’s to understand the technical problems and provide solutions then translate those business requirements into a design enabling the technical solution.
- Leadership providing root cause analysis, problem definition, requirements and functional design, testing, technical and end-user documentation and training, and implementation and post-implementation phases CRS software development and software package implementation projects.
- Developed test plans, post-implementation reviews, updated user guides, resolution of customer issues and provided solutions.
- Main contributor providing additional support reviewing and editing various company generated documents in support of production implementation releases.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Directed the technical analysis, technical writing and authoring a variety of ProPath/PMAS technical documents, for various VA Veteran Healthcare initiatives. All documents were designed and written to follow the VHA Privacy, HIPAA and HITECH guidelines for dealing with and/or having access to VA PHI
- Responsible for planning, designing, writing, editing, proofreading and finalization of documents such as BRDs, PMPs, OAPs, RSDs, and SDDs, technical manuals, specifications, change management, creating of user stories and use cases, unit test cases and test plans.
- The lead analyst overseeing various technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents that consisted of requirements specifications, software design document, unit test cases, test evaluation summary, user manuals, training materials, user guides and provided supporting presentation materials and documents per VA requirements.
- Provided technical analysis support to other company projects and clients that required creation of a variety of VA required technical documents while adhering to VA PSI and HIPAA requirements concerning the veteran’s sensitive electronic Healthcare records, and provided many technical writing skills that involved quality assurance checks for all document deliverables.
- Managed the tracking and flow of all documents, from inception to distribution of final copies, to all Integrated Project Team (IPT) members.
Confidential, Cape Canaveral, FL
Senior Business Systems Designer Staff
- Managing the resources, project planning, and the tutoring and training of junior engineers and analysts
- Requirements gathering, system concept and design, and deployment
- User, management and customer interface in various software development and verification activities of the development lifecycle.
- Development of the local SAP data extraction process and the Oracle download interface
- Authored all MAS and CEP business requirements documentation (BRD), requirements specifications (RSD), user guides and maintenance manuals. Updated all affected documents with each new software release via configuration management tools within ClearCase and Serena.
Senior Oracle ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Part of a multiple-person team responsible for systems requirements analysis and required DoD documentation.
- Involved in all aspects of system design, development, deployment
- The lead developer/analyst that was directly involved in creating unit and module level test plans for implementation of database tables, functions, procedures, custom triggers and custom PL/SQL packages.
- Provided technical support in tracking the flow of required documentation within the project and government entities.