Dynamic, proactive, and results - oriented professional with extensive experience as a highly successful business and operations leader across multiple industries. Proven ability to establish and maintain key relationships to promote long-term, sustainable growth. Leverages exceptional organizational skills during budget development to achieve stated objectives while minimizing operational costs. Possesses both foundational and expert knowledge of accounting processes. Excels both independently and in team-oriented, collaborative work environments.
- Strategic Leadership
- Staff Training/Development
- Process Improvement
- Project Management Interdepartmental Collaboration
- Financial Planning
- Workflow Management
- Strategy Development
- Operations Management
- Relationship Management
- Budgeting/Cost Controls
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Manager of Student Accounting,
- Supervised, trained, and motivated operations and accounting staff; coordinated employee work schedules and conducted performance evaluations to ensure adherence to high-efficiency workflow processes.
- Key contributor in designing strategies to assure prompt billing and collection of payments for tuition/fees, third-party payments, and miscellaneous business transactions.
- Monitored online payment transactions to coordinate controls and tracking protocols.
- Analyzed receivables/bad debt and prepared status reports to continuously enhance and improve collections.
- Fostered positive working relationships with Financial Aid, Student Records, Admissions, and Information Technology Systems offices to streamline information exchange and optimize interdepartmental workflow.
Confidential, Ypsilanti, MI
- Cultivated progressive relationships with vendors to negotiate cost-effective contract for goods and services.
- Ensured sufficient operating cash flow to cover church expenses and financial obligations.
- Established financial objectives in coordination with church leaders to prepare the budget and reduce debt.
- Supervised church personnel; developed and introduced HR policies to promote a healthy work environment.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Business Services Account Clerk II & Lead
- Utilized expertise in specialized accounting software and computer spreadsheets/databases to accurately track debit, credit, and total account balances.
- Gathered and collated a wide range of data to create reports for management perusal.
- Negotiated between County and third-party agencies to solidify and implement various contracts.