- 8+ years professional experience as a Business Analyst in Insurance domain
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with excellent understanding of business analysis methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP and Agile etc.
- Experienced in gathering Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Surveys and Questionnaires Development.
- Created and transformed business requirements and functional requirements into the designing business models by using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Data Flow Diagrams and Flow Charts.
- Experienced in facilitating Joint Requirement planning (JAP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups.
- Skilled in performing GAP Analysis
- Worked closely with the project stakeholder, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and staff to understand and accelerate the business process.
- Strong background of SQL, using for data validation and system testing purposes.
- Strong skills in Use Case Walkthroughs,
- Experienced in creating User Interface wireframes, Business Process Flows and Mockups based on UML Methodology.
- Experienced in Regression Testing, Progression Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Experienced in Quality Assurance (QA) in developing and reviewing in test plans, test requirements, test cases and test reports.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, focus on details and great teamwork spirit.
Business Tools: MS Office, Power Designer, Justin Mind, Smart Draw, MS Project, MS Visio
Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile, UML
Languages: SQL, UML
Database: MS SQL
Testing Tools: Jira, SILK Central
Operating Systems: Windows 8/XP/Vista/2000, Mac OS X
- Broadly worked in an Agile environment comprising of Actuaries, Brokers, Customers, Underwriters, Rating Specialists etc. to analyze existing agent management system with Vertafore ImageRight.
- Accountable for creating, maintaining and ensuring User stories to have reportage on business rules, story points and acceptance criteria.
- Dexterously helped development teams to break down large user stories beginning with a ‘Single Sign - On’ to ‘Credential Manager’ for execution.
- Advocated product owners, scrum masters and teams to improve their ability to create good Product Backlogs to prioritize features and subsequently created Sprint Backlogs for integrating specific features.
- Actively served in the acceptance and validation of the stories by partnering in testing of delivered stories.
- Provided in-depth User Interface Document to the development and testing team for clearly understanding reporting and dashboard features.
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs with the development and test teams to ensure clarity on sprint back logs.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries
- Formulated and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace technical requirements to their business requirements and the test case to their functional requirements.
- Worked closely with the QA Team and played a key role bringing in best practices of test driven development in an Agile environment.
- Actively took part in the Daily stand up and Weekly status meetings.
- Extensively used task board, poker planning for understanding individual level of effort.
- Administered User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that insurance agents can use application with ease.
- Actively took part in Post Production Validation (PPV) and performed smoke testing for critical features.
- Prepared thorough user manuals and conducted extensive agent training sessions.
Environment: Agile, Power designer, Smart Draw, MS Visio, UML, JIRA, SQL.
- Utilized the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to migrate different products to POINTS and its communication with peripheral systems mainly Underwriting rules engine.
- Laid down the guidelines for a smooth flow of the different project elements in P&C domain, in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Successfully performed Requirements Gathering and Analysis, interviewed the SME (Subject Matter Experts), for Personal Auto and ensured regular agreement on specifications from key stakeholders.
- Expertly performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Actively involved in brainstorming and JAD session with the client in order to identify all the business requirements for P&C project development.
- Gathered specifications to effect improvements to the dexterously managed the Requirements, performed requirements analysis along with the creation of Use Case Scenarios.
- Designed Use Case modeling, drafted Narrative Use Cases and created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Flow Diagrams (Business/System) using MS Visio.
- Primarily responsible for Documentation in each phase of RUP Methodology. Developed Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing BRD and FRDs.
- Conducted Walk-throughs with the development and testing teams for knowledge transfer and any clarifications.
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of progress in modules, Project Status, Deadlines, Environment Request, and Compliance Issues.
- Worked closely with PM during RACI review process and release management for seamless integration.
- Partnered with testing team towards Test Plans, Test Cases and Expected Results, to verify implementation of new features and enhancements, per expectations. Performed Defect Tracking using JIRA.
- Garnered technical prowess on Change Management by performing Impact Analysis for Change Requests obtained during Claims processing lifecycle.
- Developed exceptions report which were then submitted to project lead and stakeholders.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and performed Post Production Validation (PPV)
- Documented User Manuals and conducted training sessions.
Environment: RUP methodology, DOORS, SQL, MS Visio, UML, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Jira.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Busine ss AnalystResponsibilities:
- Identified shortcoming in current system and areas for improvement while working with Business Users, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Business Analysts.
- Designed and developed project documents based on RUP methodology.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements.
- Prioritized actual business needs and documented improving areas to meet the end state requirements.
- Conducted Elicitation and Focus Group Sessions with several business user groups to determine and gather requirements.
- Created other requirement documents like Functional Requirements Document (FRD) from several Use Case scenarios modeled in Smart Draw.
- Wrote Business Cases for the Stakeholders to understand the functioning of the new Underwriting System.
- Prototyped the application changes using Justinmind Prototype for developers.
- Designed and developed various UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams to both management and development teams to ensure uniform understanding of business and functional requirements .
- Used SQL queries to retrieve various records for testing purpose.
- Experience in handling Change Management.
- Widely used Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Level as well as the Test Case Level.
- Assisted testing teams in preparation of test cases , test scenarios and Regression testing.
- Adequately executed Smoke testing and User Acceptance Testing of each build during the various phases of the application.
- Extensively used Borland’s Silk Central for defect management that included bug tracking, review, assignment and reporting.
- Created detailed periodic Status Reports to provide the progress about the project to end-users and top management.
- Organized and participated in Release walkthroughs, demos & presentations of the new releases and documenting the feedback.
- Supported in development of User Training materials for the upgraded version of the existing system technology.
Environment: Power Designer, Microsoft Office Suite, Justinmind Prototype, Microsoft Visio, Smart Draw, Borland Silk Central, Java, Oracle, Windows XP, SQL.
- Involved in creating targeted questionnaires and interviews for SME’s and business users to prepare standard documents and user manuals.
- Developed Use case diagrams, functional Requirements, System requirement specification and Design specifications.
- Performed GAP analysis on existing application.
- Created wireframes and UI Mockup Screens using MS Visio.
- Developed UI design documentation functional requirement and facilitated testing.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders.
- Involved with teams for root cause analysis activities and data collection plans.
- Documented meeting outcomes, and coordinated with all internal and external teams.
- Liaised with business and functional owner, SMEs during requirement gathering.
- Responsible for writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required for development/ modification of the software.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update analysis artifact for Software Change Requests.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrix
- Wrote SQL statements to extract data from tables to validate data flow.
- Participated in the integration, system, regression, performance and User Acceptance Testing. Closely worked with the testing team and also conducted smoke tests.
- Participated in production support and handled issues appropriately.
Environment: - RUP Methodology, MS VISIO, SQL, Objects, JIRA, MS Office
- Involved in developing the business model for expediting the claim settlement process
- Defined frameworks for the application development and analyzed the areas of improvement
- Interacted with the software development team and claim settlement experts to liaison the business requirement to ensure that the application under development confines to the business requirement
- Involved in the analysis of the functional, technical specifications, data mapping document and conceptual diagrams
- Identified critical areas of business risk and modified the business process to reduce the same
- Defined business metrics and base lined the QA process
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of the development and QA team by preparing status report, charting out schedules, allocation and management of technical and human resources using MS Excel and Project
- Conducted walkthrough with the development team and stake holders
- Analyzed the security implementation of the application with respect to users perspective
- Wrote Business Requirements, analyzed them and tested them.
- Prepared test data for the functional test cases. Evaluated test results and prepared test summary reports
- Analyzed user problems, including automated and manual business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes
- Interacted with developers & various members of my team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities
- Investigating the bugs and interfacing with the developers to resolve technical issues
- Performed bug tracking
- Communicate with users and technical staff to bring projects and issues to resolution.
- Work closely with management to support various projects through the SDLC methodology and knowledge management including analysis, requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation and training.