- Very professional, analytical and motivated Redhat and AWS certified cloud Engineer with experience in installing, upgrading and maintaining Hardware and software systems.
- Proficient in providing support to an assortment of operating systems such as Windows, Solaris 10, Red Hat and Centos.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to work with a team and provide solutions to complex system - level issues
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
Linux Admin /Windows Admin/ AWS solutions Architect
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment with tools such as AWS cloud formation.
- Used AWS Cloud Former to extract existing infrastructure and modify with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Analyze the jobs in detail to determine the right instance/cluster type (storage, compute,memory optimized) for cost efficient performance.
- Automation with Ansible.
- Maintained user accounts with IAM policies.
- Monitoring with cloudwatch and cloudtrail.
- Performed p2v and v2v conversions for cloud migrations.
- VPC Network design and implementation with security groups and NACLs for security.
- Created AMIs for critical production servers.
- Design highly available, scalable and efficient systems with EC2 combined with Elastic Load Balancers(ELB), Auto Scaling Groups .
- Deployed Docker containers with ECS.
- Worked with distributed teams to design and develop frameworks, solution accelerators and proofs of concept .
- Deploy web solutions with API Gateway, AWS Lamda coupled with EC2, ECS, RDS, and Elasticache.
- Fast distribution systems with AWS cloudfront.
- Used Route 53 alongside ELBs and ALB to provision highly available architectures
- Setup Hybrid solutions with On-prem and cloud solutions linked by site-to-site VPN.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lamda, Amazon Simple Queue Service(SQS) and Amazon Simple Notification Service(SNS) .
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, architect solutions and pricing).
- Used Dynamo DB and Redis elasticache for the stateless architecture setups.
- Used RDS implemented with MySQL, SQL server and Oracle for multi-tiered application setups.
- Data migration to the cloud using AWS snowball devices .
- Implemented storage solutions with volume and file gateways.
- Setup of hybrid environments with on-prem and Amazon AWS cloud components for efficiency and ease of management with Amazon S3 for storage and EC2 for compute.
- Installing and upgrading Red Hat 6.x, 7.x and solaris 10 on various virtual and physical systems with kickstart.
- SELinux troubleshooting with sealert.
- Firewall management with Windows firewall, Firewalld and IPtables.
- Responsible for remote support of over 100 Linux, solaris and Windows Machines.
- Used cron to schedule jobs.
- Bash, shell, python scripting.
- Configured raid with ZFS and LVM.
- Configuration and maintenance of NFS, DNS, LDAP, FTP, HTTP and DHCP servers.
- Ansible for provisioning, deployment and maintenance of linux systems.
- User creation and management with Active Directory and LDAP.
- Autofs and NFS for user account management.
- Used Active Directory for User management .
- Group policy for centralized management of work environments.
- Remote access and management of Linux and Windows machines with SSH, RDP, SCP and SFTP.
- Performance monitoring in Windows and Linux/Unix with Task Manager, top, ps and netstat.
- Using ACL and file permissions to restrict user access to content.
- RAID configuration in linux with raid 0,1 and 5.
- Disk management with fdisk, gdisk and parted.
- Package Management with Yum,rpm and pgkadd.
- Network troubleshooting with iperf, wireshark and portqry.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Technical support Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of the Confidential Backup availability suite.
- Experience with hypervisors such VMware Esxi/vsphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and KVM.
- Physical tape library setup with vendors such as HP, Quantum and Dell.
- Virtual tape library setup with software such as Quadstor VTL, solarwinds VTL and AWS VTL.
- Critical analysis of customer’s Virtual and Physical production Environments in order to provide well tailored solutions for backing up Virtual and Physical Machines with Confidential Backup and Replication.
- Implemented Disaster recovery scenarios for Enterprise environments.
- Actively monitored and generated reports for backups using Confidential Backup and replication and Confidential One.
- Log diving for break/fix purposes.
- Worked with various NAS devices such as Synology, Buffalo and Netapp .
- Setup conference calls with various vendors for troubleshooting purposes.
- Worked with Storage snapshots for faster backup and recovery.
- Worked with deduplication appliances such HPE storeonce and Dell EMC.
- Setup cloud backup infrastructures using Confidential capacity tier, Confidential backup for Office 365 and Confidential backup for AWS.
- Agent type backups with software such as Confidential Agents .
- Detailed analysis for log files for troubleshooting failed backups.
- Collaboration with various vendor support personnel to quickly mitigate broken backups and restores.
- Worked with teams to efficiently solve problems.
- Tape backups for the Air-gapped backup.
- Implemented Virtual Tape backup solutions with AWS VTL gateways.
- Provided training for client employees.