- An outstanding, self - motivated professional with around 5 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Linux/Unix administration and Software Configuration and Production Support of various applications on SUN Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience in Linux Administration Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux
- Troubleshooting skills with network protocols such as DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP & SNMP.
- Hands on experience with ticketing tools such as Remedy, BMC service desk express and Quick base.
- Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat/ Web logic on Linux database installation includes Oracle, SQL, and MySQL.
- Administration of networking devices such as Routers and switches
- Extensive implementation and troubleshooting experience under Client Server Systems.
- Monitoring and administering Sun-Solaris servers and Red hat Linux servers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as a team member.
- Provided on-call support and worked with Vendors on system issues and bugs for its resolution.
- Proficient in System administration, System planning, co-ordination, commissioning, setting up security hierarchy and capacity planning.
- Experience in installation of Operating systems, packages and patches, adding peripheral, maintaining user accounts. Systems security, backup/recovery, performance tuning, troubleshooting at various levels.
- Extensive experience in Solaris, Confidential - UX, Redhat Linux, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, AIX and Windows (XP, 2003/08/12) Administration.
- Monitor Disk space and space as needed in LVM. Setup and administration of VERITAS Volume Manager and HA cluster.
- Worked on flexible hours for production, backup and on-call support for 24/7 environments
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients
Cloud: Amazon AWS (EC2, Auto Scaling, ELB, SNS, S3, Cloud watch, IAM)
Database: MySQL, Oracle
Languages: C-language, Java
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (RedHat 5/6), Sun Solaris (10/9/8), IBM AIX 5.x, Windows 2000/2003 Sever/7, VMWARE ESX/ESXi
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SSH, SFTP, ARP
Storage: LVM, SCSI, SATA, Ext 3, Ext 4, OCFS2 and NAS and SAN, Net App filters
Hardware: Dell Poweredge Series, HP DL Series servers, Sun Fire Servers - E25k, E15k, 12k, E280R, E480R, V240,420R, V440, V480, V490, V880, V890 and 4800, Data Centre Servers - E250, E450, E3000 and E3500
Confidential, New York, NY
UNIX/LINUX System Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of Red Hat Linux, Solaris systems.
- Setup and maintained NFS, NIS, and TCP/IP network, configured the systems for TCP/IP Networking with the existing LAN, setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other Red Hat/UNIX hosts.
- Working experience on Windows Active Directory and LDAP.
- Maintained network and data security, maintained security compliance policies on the OS for SOX and internal audits.
- Installed and configured VMware ESX server instances for virtual server setup and deployment. Responsible for creating VMware virtual guests running Solaris, Linux, Windows.
- Integrated the Linux environment with Active Directory providing a Single Sign On (SSO) solution.
- Deployed Redhat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Prepared Windows/Unix security standard preparation document and system check procedures to keep the systems secured and updated.
- Taking snapshots in the environment.
- Installed, maintained and finetuned the Apache-Tomcat server and Websphere Application Server in Linux Platform
- Creating templates as per various business requirements.
- Wrote Perl and Python scripts to generate statistics and monitor processes.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell, and Perl scripts.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris 8,9 &10 and LINUX/ Cent OS/Redhat 6.X
- Created and maintained user accounts in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and other operating systems
- Installed and configured Ubuntu for Testing the applications
- Configure cluster, failover cluster, troubleshoot cluster issues, add/delete resources, service groups
- Configured LUNs From VNX to Solaris and Linux servers using unispear for VNX storage
- Set up CVS environment for Oracle stored procedures that increased efficiency of version control
- Install Apache/Web logic server on Linux server
- Performed combines multi-node software deployment, and hoc task execution, and configuration management using Ansible.
- Hands on experience in building servers and automating the provision of OS by using Kickstart for RedHat and Jumpstart for Solaris.
- Troubleshooting network administration, IIS configuration, DNs setup and modifications.
- Experienced in Server builds and automating the provision of OS by using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for RedHat (RHEL).
- Installed and configured servers using RedHat Linux Kickstart method.
- Experience in using VMWare vMotion to move VM’s from one datacenter to another datacenter.
- Work on secure internet transmission protocol (FTP w/SSH/SSL, HTTPS)
- Setup the QA, integration, UAT and Production environment for 200 Linux nodes
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
UNIX / LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN
- Take direction from the team lead and work within a team-environment to achieve organizational goals
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using crontab.
- Provide technical solutions to wide range of problems and user request through the established system
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation
- General understanding of Linux internals like system calls, file systems, processes
- Familiarity with complex Linux environments
- Knowledge of Network Infrastructure including VPNs Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancing and Switches
- Backing up and restoring files across the network, wrote technical documentation for various projects and worked with technical writer to finalize the documents.
- Monitor system performance parameters using iostat, vmstat and fine tuning.