System Security Engineer Resume
Silver Spring, MD
- Over 8+ years of IT experience as Security Administrator, Information Security, Network Security, Data Securityand Security Engineer in IT Infrastructure.
- Strong proficiency in planning, designing, and implementation of Information Systems and Network security Technologies.
- Skilled & technically proficient with multiple firewall solutions, network security, and information security practices.
- Experience in Network Intrusion detection/Intrusion Prevention System and Firewalls.
- Experience in Implementing & managing Symantec Data Loss Prevention.
- Experience in implementing application security solutions
- Practical experience in configuration and installation of IOS security features and IPS.
- Hand on Experience in Cisco Switches and Routers Configurations.
- Hand on Skill in TCP/IP suite and routing protocols, such as OSPF, andEIGRP.
- Experience in troubleshooting and application support.
- Conduction of Security Awareness and Network training for EU and CBE staffs.
- Experienced Checkpoint Firewall, Security and Network Administrator as well as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), routing and switching.
Platforms/Applications: Windows Server NT4 - 2012, Exchange 5.5 - 2010, IIS 7.5, Microsoft SQL 2005 - 2012, SCCM, Unix/Linux, PowerShell, MS Clustering, Enterprise Antivirus & Disk Encryption solutions
Networking: Conversant in LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Fiber, Firewalls/IPS/IDS, OSPF, BGP, RIP routing protocols, QoS in checkpoint.
Hardware: Dell, HP, CISCO, IBM, CheckPoint, SOPHOS email appliances
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/ 2000/2003/2007/8/10 , MS-DOS, Linux
Protocols: TCP/IP, L2TP, PPTP, IPSEC, IKE, SSL, SSH, UDP, DHCP, DNS
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP-2, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing
Switching: LAN, VTP, STP, Inter VLAN routing &Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging
Database: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
Security Tools: Cane, Wire shark, MS Visio
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
System security engineer
- Provide security engineering for implementation in the Check Free enterprise network.
- Directed the software engineering effort for the Dragon IDS/IPS network sensor.
- Design, implementation, support and administration of multiple security products, supporting the installed product base, and internal engineering teams.
- Perform individual site evaluations, technical hands on design, installation and implementation of Secure Track
- Implement SSL and IPSEC VPN design connection and protocols, IPSEC tunnel configuration, encryption and integrity protocols.
- Responsible for providing consultative, pro-active and sometimes reactive support to internal areas such as Network operation Center (NOC), Security Operation Center(SOC) and Solutions Architecture team.
- Provide Security Consulting to customers around border security, data security and intrusion detection
- Checking server and firewall breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conducting user activity audits when required.
- Technical lead and participation of field services team during the implementation phase.
- Assist customers in the design of key Managed Services, to further the goals of the company.
Confidential, Washington DC
Network Security Engineer
- Designed Security Systems and deployed custom data collection, monitoring, and configuration validation software for critical security and network infrastructure.
- Managed, maintained, and implemented systems in all areas of the company Infrastructure and provided second level support to the Help Desk team, other infrastructure team members, and end users as needed
- Utilize Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to Identify, track and manage security incidents throughout the delegations.
- Responsible for managing the security tools such as Checkpoint Firewall, RSA Security, ISS Site Protector and Nortel Connectivity VPN Server.
- Specialized in Network Security technologies (Firewall, IPS/IDS, Content Filtering, Proxy and Cisco network products).
- Designing, deploying and troubleshooting enterprise data network as Network engineer and expert in configuring and troubleshooting L2 protocols such as VLAN, VTP and port security and Cisco Switches.
- Regularly performed firewall audits around Checkpoint Firewall-1 solutions for customers
- Provided tier 3 support for Checkpoint Firewall-1 software to support customers
- Supported mission critical 24x7-365 Siebel/SQL servers, ensuring & maintaining optimal uptime & efficiency
System Security Officer
- Determine if security incidence occurred; examine all available information and supporting evidence related to an incident or event.
- Logically determine scope of security event and the potential impact to the bank and network; recommend appropriate course of action for managing security incidents and participate in the confinement, resolution and remediation of security incidents.
- Installing, Upgrading and configuring (Checkpoint) firewall.
- Manage enterprise equipment to include: addition, modification and/or deletion of firewall rules; proxy rule sets that are an exception to global baseline
- IPS/AV signature updates; RADIUS/RSA user and group management; remote VPN assistance / VPN Management/Monitoring / creation of user accounts/tokens for remote access VPN
- Monitor Service Center queues for customer reported requests or incidents; access tickets for applicability and assign to subject matter expert, as required.
- Remote Administrator for Cisco Pix firewall
- Perform operating system, network and application vulnerability assessments to identify security exposures in the environment.
- Established protocols for backups, server space management, security, virus protection and other procedures essential to eliminating downtime or data loss.
System Administrator/Network Administrator
- Ensuring Data Integrity and accuracy and maintenance of application at the Station.
- Efficiently handling the maintenance of LAN/ WAN, Cisco routers for data & voices for network traffic.
- Designed, implemented, and supported LAN, WAN, different applications and wireless networks. Install (Win2K/2003), clients (windows 98/Win 2000/XP) and client/server applications, including backup and restoration of data, OS upgrades, and security patches, and user account creation and maintenance.
- Backups using HP Backup tape and Network-attached storage (NAS)
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes