Business Intelligence Developer with more than 10 years combined experience in Report Development, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Database Development as well as Financial Analysis in Manufacture, Distributor, Wholesale and Retail domain. Core competencies include:
- Data Modeling and KPI Analysis
- Database Designing and Developing
- Data Analytics
- BI Tools (OBIEE, Power BI, Tableau)
- ETL Tools (ODI, SSIS, Pentaho - Spoon)
- Designing Customized Interactive Dashboards
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Data Warehousing
- Database Administrating
- Systems Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
Database: Oracle 11q/12c , MS SQL Server, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, MYSQL, MS ACCESS, PostgreSQL
Database Tools: SQL Developer , SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler
BI Tools: OBIEE 11g/12c, BI Publisher, BI Delivers, OBIEE Dashboards, SSAS, SSRS, Microsoft Power-BI, Tableau, SAS
ETL Tools: SSIS, ODI, Pentaho, INFORMATICA
Microsoft Software: Office, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint Server 2007, Visio, Dynamics NAV, Visual Studio 2015
Other Software: Intuit QuickBooks Enterprises, Intuit QuickBooks POS
Confidential, Reston, VA
Consultant - Power BI Specialists
- Implemented solutions using Microsoft Power BI tool suite using data connections to SQL, Excel, CSV, One-Drive and other formats.
- Designed, developed, and maintained business intelligence data visualizations using Microsoft Power BI.
- Performed Data visualization, Dashboard design/implementation, Reporting, Self-service BI, extraction, transformation, migration, and integration and other analytics.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of Daily Cash and P & L.
- Collected and interpreted business requirements from various groups to produce actionable tasks.
- Created complex measures using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) query.
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power bi service.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Created Parameterized Report, Dashboard Report, Linked report and Sub Report by Year, Quarter, Month, and Week.
- Created Drill Down Reports, Drill Through Report by Region.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query’s in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Developed high level matrix data model based on business requirements using multiple data sources.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
- Performed data quality analysis and data migration from csv to MYSQL.
- Designed Power BI data visualization using cross tabs, maps, scatter plots and other available visualization templates.
- Designed and developed Business Intelligence, data-warehouse from transactional database.
Environment: MYSQL, SharePoint, Power BI
Confidential, Fort Collins, CO
BI Solutions Developer
- Designed, developed and maintained Oracle database for calculating and tracking employee payroll.
- Developed Web based form and MYSQL database to enter leads for tradeshows.
- Designed and developed Repository in Single and Multi-user Environment using Physical, Business Model and Mapping and Presentation layer in Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Created Physical joins, logical joins and Hierarchy in physical and BMM Layer
- Created reports and interactive dashboard using Pivot, Table, Prompt, Filters and Chart in OBIEE front end OBI Analytic Server.
- Developed Financial Dashboard, Charts, KPI analysis and other reports using SSRS, Power BI, OBIEE and Tableau Tools
- Install and troubleshoot Oracle 12c database, WebLogic/FM ware Server 12c, ODI 12c and OBIEE 12c.
- Created stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries.
- Created, maintained and migrated web catalog.
- Create indexes on the tables to retrieve data faster and to enhance database performance.
- Mentor and train Oracle Database Architect and OBIEE to junior employee.
- Develop and manage e-commerce website and web applications for online segment of adventure clothing business.
- Continually analyze website traffic using Google Analytics and usage to expand reach and increase revenue.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, OBIEE 11g/12c, SQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau
Confidential, Dallas, TX
System Developer/Data Analysts
- Conducted major stakeholder interviews involving business analysts and other stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and the SDLC using Agile methodology.
- Designed and created Dashboards and Reports including matrixes, charts, and gauges in SSRS
- Designed, developed and implemented ETL framework using SSIS, stored procedures, functions for extractions into SQL Server.
- Designed, and implemented ERP application (Microsoft Dynamic NAV)
- Build and maintained SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Created test and execution plan to optimize SQL query and Server load.
- Involved in Data mapping and migrating activities from different sources (QuickBooks, flat file, excel) to SQL, NAV Native
- Used SSIS for ETL variety of data sources.
- Created and developed Data Modeling, Work flow diagrams, Activity Diagrams and process flow diagrams (flow charts) using MS Visio to identify and analyze process flows.
- Implemented and train users on system software including Navision 3.7, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 and Microsoft Share Points.
- Researched, planned, installed, configured, maintained and upgraded operating systems, hardware and other productive software as per requirements.
- Researched and recommended hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolved hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Installed, configured, and upgraded desktop hardware and peripherals to include; network cards, printers, modems, mice and add-in boards.
- Developed and Maintained companywide WAN/LAN-infrastructure.
- Networks troubleshoot security issues and data backup.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, MS SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Windows 2003/2008 server, MS Visual Studio, MS Dynamics NAV, MS SharePoint ServerConfidential, Dallas, TX
- Conducted and documented complex financial analysis.
- Performed operating budget planning, forecast and actual analysis.
- Performed manufacturing cost planning, forecast and actual analysis
- Responsible for financial statements planning, forecast and actual analysis & reporting.
- Prepared financial information (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow) to the senior executives.
- Developed standalone applications using VB and MS Access to track check deposits and checks on hand.
- Developed and maintained the database for tracking payroll, timesheet, rates and invoice.
- Developed intranet based Financial Dashboard for CEO’s and CFO’s using Microsoft SharePoint and SQL database.
- Used Excel, SQL Server for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Created Commission Report and payrolls
- Created Tax Report for different states
Environment: Intuit QuickBooks, MS Dynamics NAV, MS SharePoint Server