SKILLS Detailed oriented with excellent research, investigative and reporting skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Independent judgment and flexibility; maintain high level of confidentiality. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Calendar Management, LexisNexis, Westlaw and Quickbooks.
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice June 2011
Pre Law Boot Camp 2 Certificate
Confidential, NY, NY 06/2012-07/2012
Temp Legal Assistant
- Assisted General Counsel and various staff members as needed.
- Properly filled out certified mail labels and processed it using postage meter within the office.
- Archived closed case files and produced excel worksheets.
- Sort and organize documents for filing.
- Proofread Notice of Default letters ensuring that the dates and address were correct using the Property Tract software.
- Scanned and renamed Certificate of Insurance to database for updating client information.
- Prepared UPS labels online to package envelopes for mailing.
Confidential, Onuoha, NY, NY 02/2012-05/2012
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Drafted legal memorandum and memos.
- Attended to incoming calls for general inquiries and other relevant information.
- Assisted lawyer with filing documents in court.
- Filled out various immigration forms for clients.
- Proofread legal forms and documents for accuracy.
Confidential, Living, NY, NY 10/2011-05/2012
IT Administrative Assistant
- Scanned medical documents to archive in the client's database.
- Creating/opening new cases in data base.
- Prepared reports.
- Traveled and worked independently to various sites.
- Trained employees from each site how to upload documents into database.
- Exceeded or met dead lines for each scanning project.
Confidential, NY, NY 10/2007 - 07/2011
- Maintaining communication with internal and external contacts.
- Arranged delivery of office stationary and bulk supplies.
- Create and maintain calendar for attorney and manage travel plans.
- Aided with a broad range of reception duties which included, answering multi-line telephone system, composed, proofread correspondence and reports.
Confidential, Queens, NY 03/2006 - 07/2007
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Organized and maintained law library, documents, and case files.
- Handled incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and
- distributing mail.
- Prepared and distributed invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- Reconciled monthly budgets into Quickbooks database.
Confidential, Woodbury, NY 10/2005-01/2006
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical and other records.
- Maintained records of clients case progress.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Witnessed initial consultation between attorney and prospective client.
- Communicated with attorney on select legal issues.