A highly motivated, team-oriented public administrator with more than 10 years of hands-on post graduate - level experience in marketing, advance researching and extracting complex data, negotiating contracts, interpreting philosophical principles of healthcare administration, grant writing and budgeting. Work experience includes over 6 years of emergency management, project management for state, local and federal government entities, and strategic planning. Able to quickly identify problems and successfully implement solutions.
- Ph.D. HealthCare Administration
- M.P.A. Public Administration,
- B.S. Therapeutic Recreation
- Diploma General Studies
- Recruited over 500 volunteers in one year for an assisted living facility
- Developed an evacuation plan as a graduate student for a 500-bed hospital which was recommended for use at Our Lady of the Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Negotiated service and research & development contracts between state and nonprofit organization.
- Designed "from scratch" a volunteer policy and procedure manual that is utilized for guidance.
- Created memorandum of understanding (MOU) between local & state government.
- Directed and coordinated the successful launch of several key projects in the federal government where quick thinking and working under strict timelines were essential.
- Recovered over $20 million as a result of a federal reconciliation audit.
- Successfully audited an $88 million federal project.
- Manage multiple projects value range from $100k to $100 million.
- Member of the American Heart & Alzheimer's Association, assists in special events and conferences.
- Active member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, developing multiple programs for poverty stricken citizens, providing assistance to disabled and hurricane citizens throughout Louisiana. Conduct mentor workshops for youth girls.
- American Society for Public Administration, attending conferences, and networking.
- Highly Proficient in quantitative and qualitative research methods, applied research statistics, Microsoft 95/98/00/03/07, excel, SAS, SPSS 14.00, Outlook, spreadsheet software, access and project, the National Emergency Management Information System and the Louisiana Public Assistance database (LAPA).
- Able to conduct research using human participant through the Institution Review Board.
- Interpreting philosophical principles of healthcare administration through research and extracting data from key databases and other useful resources.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Extensive experience in team building and negotiation.
- Able to develop & manage federal project for reimbursement.
Baton Rouge, LA. 70802 40 hrs a week
- Create federal grants to reimburse state and local governments in response and recovery from disasters.
- Trained new employees
- Liaison between federal, state, nonprofit agencies.
- Negotiate contracts for project formulation that includes: manage cost estimate, scope of work
- Investigate and recommend strategies that can enhance the overall recovery efforts
- Promote public health prior to a disaster in preparation of n emergency.
- Ensure proper procurement or cost analysis.
- Coordinate between various departments to assure timely and accurate regulatory reporting.
- Execute post-award actions, including cost reimbursement and incentive arrangement.
- Review and monitor contracts between nonprofit and state government.
- Provide business consulting, knowledge expertise in strategic performance, manage methodologies and process assessment work.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication between federal, state & local government.
- Create & identify amendments needed for project
- Maintain continuous scope alignment with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify programs
- Facilitate and monitor the overall recovery process at the state level for disaster recovery assistance.
- Disburse federal grants to public assistance applicants.
- Follow up with necessary audits to ensure disaster related work is completed.
- Coordinate and implement site inspections
- Coordinate preliminary damage assessments to verify damage and estimate the amount of supplemental assistance that will be needed.
- Identify floodplain management issues, insurance requirements, hazard mitigation opportunity, environmental concerns, and historical preservation issues.
Applicant Services Specialist (Manager)
- Coordinated the successful simultaneous development of several projects
- Taught Congressional, housing, & public safety courses
- Provided support in the following areas: tactical planning, execution, and operating management for coordinated emergency response.
- Created more efficient ways to utilize emergency management resources
- Reviewed project status reports during each project phase
- Performed statistical analyses required for the funeral assistant program concerning applicants needing assistance to bury there love ones after Hurricane Katrina. Duties included statistical analyses, coding and derivation of variables, and preparations of reports and presentation. The report resulted in more than $5M in assistance in just twenty-four months.
- Directed and coordinate activities of projects through delegated members of projects teams.
- Coordinated with HUD representatives to assure disaster applicants are approved for rental assistance.
- Researched, analyze & process Congressional and Civil Rights cases.
- Prepared narrative reports containing a statement of observations, options for change/recommendations for action to supervisor.
- Served as the Direct Housing Assistance Program (DHAP) point of contact to ensure applicant transition to permanent housing.
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA 10/02-07/05
- Taught Alzheimer's & health & Safety awareness.
- Recruited volunteers to assist in residents' daily living.
- Provided support in the following areas: tactical planning, execution, and operating management for assisted living.
- Developed and reported all health care plans to family members for the programming department. All reports described health risk, improvements, and suggestions of a new care plan that met the needs of the patient.
- Provided financial consultants to family members requesting to open a leisure account for patients.
- Pubic Relations- Coordinated marketing and sales efforts for new residents. Helped direct and coordinate PR activities that specialized in targeting resident promotions.
- Coordinated development of design and ad copy for all promotional materials for the volunteer department.
- Represented company at city-wide fairs, and conventions.
- Managed & prepared monthly financial reports for the corporate office.