Direct and lead a role to strengthen business opportunities through strategic technology planning and enterprise roadmaps. Highly proficient and successfully proven to preserve margins and return on investment
Leadership & Management roles | Efficiency Processes & SOPs Reengineering | JD EDWARDS Systems Implementations | Application Development & Deployment | Project Management | Customer Satisfaction | Strategic Planning | Cognos | Vertex
Confidential, 03/07 - Present.
Associate Director - Order to Cash - JD Edwards Architect.
North American Industrial Gases - Customer Financial Services
Management & Leadership Responsibilities
- Direct, lead, develop, and motivate groups of business and IT people (AVG 11~ 15 direct reports) to provide outstanding results. Empowering staff and acknowledge the work to complete duties aligned with the company local and global visions. Improving overall professionalism and morals.
- Lead, provide guidelines and manage business and IT projects to ensure successful implementations and productive solutions.
- Develop and maintain departmental and project plans, estimates, activities and budgets. Create and implement policies and procedure to improve performance, and track key metrics.
- Prioritize, strategize, plan and propose departmental business and IT projects objectives and present directions to the upper management.
- Prepare scheduled meetings updates to the executive committee to ensure effective communication and make sure all calculated risks are taken into account.
- Interview and assemble third party project teams ensuring the most qualified skills and candidates are assigned to the work. Perform annual evaluations and confirm annul goals.
- Leveraging ERP solutions to acquisitions.
- Develop business processes and IT blueprints. Manage and control projects ensuring efficient utilization of business personnel, IT resources and administrative resources. Maintained financial and ERP system integrity.
- Accountable from both a business and technical perspective to improve efficiencies and provide enhanced value for all JD Edwards OTC technology, including identifying means to lower cost stacks and improve Working Capital.
- Lead and oversee day to day order to cash operations, ERP and business processes for customer financial service of North American Industrial Gases and ensure flawless customer experiences. Major business and IT process re-engineering and redesigning.
- Manage Sales contracts, Accounts Receivable (90+ cash hit rate with very low unapplied cash), Credit & Collections (DSO <4 days beyond terms), EDI handling, taxation process and deductions.
- Develop technical tools and JDE Custom applications to manage, analyze and communicate pricing plans. Developed very complex JD Edwards pricing and revenue forecast modules to support and analyze company's pricing strategies.
- Build and analyze financial reports utilizing Congas, Hyperion and SQL language.
- Developed a shared services center for the North America businesses; basically consolidating the US and the Canadian order to cash processes and roll them under one umbrella with a centralized electronic filing center storing all business related documents.
- Perform yearly PWC audits ensuring all SOPs are in line with Sarbanes - Oxley act. Green belt Six Sigma - Managed and implemented several 6S efficiency projects.
- Continuously designed training materials (300+ white papers) and manage classes to improve end-users skills and built a centralized knowledge base.
IT & Business Project Manager - JD EDWARDS
- Yearly Order to cash JD Edwards customization and enhancements built based on gaps identifies annually by the business users.
- Global pricing Escalation and revenue forecast module in JD Edwards XE, 8.12 and 9.0 and forecast module for North America, Mexico, China, and India.
- Implement JD Edwards 9.0 Inventory Management, account receivable / collection and advance pricing for Praxair Mexico.
- JD Edwards General Ledger restructure.
- Implementation of Shared Services - Global OTC implementation to consolidate US/CAN financial offices.
- Develop cost to serve module for North American Gases.
- Implementation of ImageNow (Electronic Imaging) software for Accounts Receivable.
Project Lead - JD Edwards
- Provide guidelines, design and manage workshops to implement JD Edwards for sister companies.
- Implementation of North America Order to Cash JD Edwards upgrade to 9.0 for North America.
- JD Edwards XE Sales Order processing implementation for Praxair Puerto Rico (2012).
- Praxair Western Europe JD Edwards version 8.12 Global Price Escalation implementation (2008).
- Lead Chart of Account restructure for North America. (2007/2008).
- Integration of Pipeline Billing Interface System (PBIS) into Praxair's North American JD Edwards XE environment (2009).
- Implementation of OTC JD Edwards XE for Praxair Puerto Rico replacing old green screens including sales processing, inventory management, product data management, receivables, and advance pricing (2006).
- JD Edwards XE OTC implementation for Praxair's bulk gas business in the US and Canada (2003/2004).
- Integration of Vertex taxation system to JD Edwards along with developing tools to maintain tax analysis and processes (2004 & 2008).
- Integration of EDI inbound/outbound of sales orders and bank information into Praxair's North American JD Edwards XE environment using WebMethods (2004 & 2005).
- Provided multiple lead roles for all of the above project to convert data from legacy to the new JD Edwards.
Confidential, 05/05 - 03/07.
OTC Operation/IT Consultant - JD Edwards Architect.
Architect responsible for the evaluation of business requirements and information technology processes for enterprise application integration. Developed Regional implementation processes to drive efficiencies and eliminate redundancies.Prepared essential ground work, develop test schedules, reviewed testing plans and tracks, and documented the development and results of these plans. Led or managed several projects to implement JDE billings modules.
Acted as functional point of focus between all internal and external parties associated with ERP/non ERP programs or projects (coordination, decisions,) Ensures integration of projects and adjusted project scope, timing and budgets as needed to meet business objectives. Develops benchmarks and measures the ongoing effectiveness of relevant processes and systems.
Conducted interviews and workshops to solicit clients' requirements and evaluate potential risks and issues of importance and presenting them in workflow diagrams. Designed, tested, and implemented new applications and reports to automate many of the business processes to increase efficiencies.
Continuously designed training materials (300+ white papers) and conducted classes to improve end-users skills and built a centralized knowledge base. Responsible to manage the OTC cycle billing and collection for 3B division and 13 direct reports.
Developed interface from multiple systems to JD Edwards different modules, such as sales, purchasing and AR to facilitate system integration of new acquisitions and business processes. Improved the communication process between the parent company and its affiliates and assisted in reconciling the inter-company accounts to ensure integrity.
Maintained the integrity of the system by ensuring complete and accurate setups and developed integrity reports, reengineering of the End of Month processes. I made major changes to simplify the EOM process with minor monitoring.
Confidential, 04/02 - 05/05
Functional Consultant / JD Edwards.
Contributed to operational, tactical and strategic planning in support of the business plan. Monitored and completed tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Developed benchmarks and measures the ongoing effectiveness of relevant processes and systems.
Implemented JDE Billing Modules, which resulted in time and cost savings. Configured, assessed, proposed and tested major custom applications, such as automated A/R spread and automated Cancel/Rebill of orders to ensure they worked properly and met the business requirements.
Used JDE developing tools to create and modify versions, menus, processing options and
UBEs for JDE. Mapped both business data and EDI outbound/inbound assuring successful interface
and data conversion. Created and designed Automatic Accounting Instruction for Sales Order Processing and Account Receivable to fit the company's Chart of Account and ensured appropriate posting to the ledger. Designed and ran integrity reports to confirm the new system has clean data.
Developed Step by Step documentation that includes all of the users' major daily tasks, to direct and assist them in completing and comprehending their transactions successfully.
Worked heavily with the end-users on a daily basis to help them understand the integrity of the system, solving their problems, facilitating the process, and proposing new solution to the business to ensure best practices are implemented. Designed security roles for the end users.
Confidential, 01/00 - 04/02
Helpdesk Analyst III
- Responsible for Local Area Network administration, helpdesk at the university campus providing general IT support to faculty and students.
- Developed and maintained web sites for the university Computing Center.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation and white paper for troubleshooting to help solve an array of technical problems.
- Supported SQL /QMF Database Environments.
Education & Certificates
- BS Business Computer Information Systems (Received Academic Excellence Award).
- University of North Texas, Denton, TX 5/10/02 (Honor Student - 3.54 GPA).
- JD Edwards Certificates in sales, receivables, distribution, payables, inventory and IT.
- Personal Profile
- Result oriented and highly proficient Finance and JD Edwards professional, with over 11 years of progressively responsible positions in finance, information technology and project management.
- Proven successfully to preserve margins and return on investment with proven history of cost reduction. Built into my background is a high degree of creativity, initiative and personal accountability. I have the ability to think critically about the goals, priorities, deliverables and lifecycle plans for the ERP system to ensure alignment with business requirements. Working as a team, made a noticeable difference in the ERP implementations and architecture, designing SOPs and processes for back offices that resulted in tremendous cost saving and increased efficiencies. Honesty, integrity, solid knowledge, team player with the ability to translate roadmaps to executable programs of work are the drivers behind climbing very successful years of accomplishments. Strong commitment and high enthusiasm to make a difference while earning high performance ratings and credibility within the business. Eye capturing opportunities for business development and efficiencies.