Senior software engineer with six plus years of programming experience including database systems, Y2K verification, COBOL programming, and system support. Demonstrate ability to complete projects meeting specification and deadlines. Expertise in determining customer needs and effectively translation those needs into software solutions. Knowledge of operating system functions and technique.
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle.
- 6+ years of software development and system integration experience including COBOL,
- CICS, DB2, JCL, MVS, TSO-ISPF, Xpeditor, Endeavor, Syncsort, SQL, Abend-Aid,
- WORD, ACCESS, AND EXCEL.
Confidential,Lincolnshire, IL 2006 - 2007
Setup Configuration Analyst
Provided business to business service updated employees’ retirement benefits packages. Analysis, configuration and documentation changes for existing system. Wrote and ran SQL queries to change and update current database for retirement members of JCPennys and Target members.
- Setup Configuration on Conversation of application on new changes.
- Data research and data mapping to determine feasibility of supporting requirements.
- Test the full configuration of the system.
- Find and Setup test cases for testing.
- Testing new and existing requirements test cases.
- Document configuration updated changes.
- Write & run SQL pre and post solution queries.
- Change & Update Database.
Confidential,Maywood, IL 2004 - 2006
Substitute Teacher K – 6 [March 2005 – April 2006]
Data Specialist [November – December 2004]
Taught curriculum according to set lesson plans. Explained studies in various techniques to reach different levels of students in same class.
Data modeling and analysis of student data files for training and learning for the Maywood/Melrose Park School system for nine schools. Evaluated and test database corruption problems. Analysis on existing system.
- Coordinated with District’s class listing per school.
- Data modeling of files for system software.
Confidential,Warrenville, IL 2001 - 2002
Senior Programmer Analyst
Client: Discover Card, Lincolnshire, IL
Wrote and design and debugged COBOL program to update existing Credit Bureau reporting for millions of cardholders. Led business staff and end users to develop business requirements for development and coding.
- Translate business needs to solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Coordinated and/or executed technical testing to ensure solutions the needs of the
- business prior to deployment.
- Design , review program and Code application specifications for a Credit Reporting.
- Installed hardware and software changes.
- Provided system and application support.
- Maintain and enhance large relational database for credit card holders.
Programmer/Analyst 1998 - 2000
Design, developed and maintain current membership system which is used by everyone that has health insurance with Blue Cross/Blue Shield in HMO and PPO. Served as liaison between programmers and department users for modification and updates to the system. The primary function of Membership System is to keep current card-holder and dependents file updated, Y2K conversion for Year 2000.
- Provided alternative solutions for client software issues.
- Documentation of requirements, application changes.
- Data conversions requirements, coding and testing.
- User and system bridges and interfaces.
- Identify obsolete or ambiguous code and testing strategies.
- Coordinated with user groups and technical staff during analysis and implementation
- during various phases of the projects.
- Gathering requirements, systems analysis and developed for Y2K and testing.
- To design, develop and implement program changes.
- Provided system support for new or added software changes.
- Provided production support for the current membership program.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing database.
MS, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science