Highly regarded and commended person with, expert in seeking a challenging position as a Junior Software Test Engineer or Junior Quality Assurance Analyst so that I can best utilize my expertise.
- Over 4 Yrs of Software Testing experience on Web –based, Client-Server and Standalone applications on different environments.
- 3 Yrs of experience Both manual and automated testing in Windows and UNIX platform,
- Comprehensive knowledge of a QA Methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked with software development, business analyst, and end user to test and document new product and product enhancements.
- Uses of Manual and Automated Testing Tools of HP (earlier Mercury) Interactive products like Test Director, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional and Load Runner, Defect Management and Bug Reporting. Developed automated Test Scripts and automated various Business Flows for the applications.
- Strong expertise in establishing QA Policies, Procedures, strategies, metrics developing appropriate process and team to ensure the quality of product.
- Submitted testing reports for discovering software bugs & reporting bugs and verifying bug fixes.
- Well versed in conducting different kinds of tests such as System test, Functionality Test, Regression/Load Test and Sanity Tests.
- Performed test under different lifecycle environment development, User acceptance test, Performance Test and integration Test.
- Successfully worked with the clients Quality Assurance team to get the Application tested and ready for production under a tight deadline.
- An efficient team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Familiarity with C, SQL, VB script C++, VBScript, Java, HTML.
- MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, Oracle 8.x/9.x, MS Access 97/2000/2003, My SQL
- Bug Tracking Tools
- Bugzilla, JIRA,
- QTP, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, Test Director, Familiar with Selenium ,Microsoft Project
Source Code Control
- Source Gear (Vault5.1.2 version )
- Office software
- MS Office, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoftwindows95/98/NT4.0/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7,UNIX,Linux, ,WebOS.
Duration: April 2011– Present
Position: App Test Engineer
Software QA Engineer Served as a team member in the QA group, testing web site that caters to the casting and modeling segment. Involved in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on product that was actually released for public consumption.
- The process of preparing and uploading more number of questions and answers for the benefit of the Candidates appearing for examinations on these subjects.
- Tested cross browser compatibility, usability, navigation, links, images, forms, etc.
- Developed test suites, executed structured and ad hoc tests against new releases.
- Filed bugs and follow through until resolution using Bugzilla.
- Written and executed test cases in HP Quality Center for the release
- Performance testing : Stress test and response time graph under different load condition
- Tested the application using water fall methodology
- HTML Code validation using w3 school HTML validator
- Broken Links Testing with scripting and automation.
- Experienced in black box and grey box testing.
- Iframe and image loading optimization
Environment: ASP.NET, Windows 7,C#, SQL SERVER 2008, Global Web Login/Vault (Version 5.1.2 control), Microsoft Project and MS-Excel
Confidential,VADuration: March 2010– March 2011
Position: Test Engineer
- Software Jr. QA Engineer, Served as a team member in the QA group responsible for testing “Multitax Calculator Application, a tax Calculator preparation software (client-server application), from the initial stage to different life cycles.
- Responsible for testing the ‘Tax Calculator Software’ for core functionality & Usability.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and Installation Testing and also involved in Grey box testing, wrote SQL queries to perform Server testing. Created a test suite having 1000’s different scenario to test
- Involved in project planning, processes and procedures to improve QA methodology and setup test data.
- Created Virtual Machines using VMware Lab Manager for testing.
- Used both Test Director/Quality Center & QTP 11 for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution
- Collaborate with developers, program managers for bug resolution and bug reviews
- Code review and performed automated and manual regression tests on the frequent customer releases.
Environment : JAVA, Oracle, JDBC, Different APIs, Mercury Quality Center, CARE/TLG Clients, ETQC API Web tool, Global Web Login/MY PRISM (version controller) and MS-Excel
Duration: June 2009 to January 2010
Position: Junior QA Analyst Manual
- Performed the tasks of preparing QA process by using test management tools and techniques
- Assigned responsibilities of maintaining test result reports for reference in future
- Handled the tasks of creating bug reports by coordinating with software testers and developers
- Assigned responsibilities of supporting Senior QA analyst manual tester in the development and execution of QA continuous process
- Performed first level system testing by coordinating with QA team and business analyst
- Functionality, performance, regression and user acceptance testing for features
- Involved in writing the Project test plans for this test effort by using the sample Template and attempted in collecting the team meeting minute.
- Handled responsibilities of load and regression testing to ensure efficiency in product delivery
- Apps tested – HOME, Contacts, Calendar, Memo, Tasks, Email, Feedback, etc.
- Environment: PHP, MySQL, MS Access 2003
Position: Junior QA Tester Manual
This project was a Web application enhancement project. It is a Book Bureau where Users can search and Enquire books their enquires and it was online 24*7. Clients can access and view the details of their book enquiry and Website Provides all list in stock of books users and their links in form of logo. Users can reserve the book online via credit card. For Credit card validation
- Involved in Preparing Test Scenarios, Test Conditions and Test Cases based on the Functional specifications, Design Documents and Use Cases.
- Involved in Functional, Regression Testing of web-based application developed in Java.
- Analyzing the Business Requirements, Functional Specification and Design Documents
- Test Scripts Identified the Test Cases to be and lead the effort for Manual testing process. Validated request/response data using Turbo Load.
- Developed User-Acceptance Test scripts and assisted users in conducting UAT
- Actively participated in daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers diplomatically to ensure high quality of the application under test.
- Conducted defect management by tracking and reporting bugs throughout testing phase.
- Review system requirements and product specifications adherence to methodology and standards.
- Performed web specific testing like: Link checking (external, internal), Browser page testing, Application testing, Security testing
Environment: Windows, Java, Turbo Load 6.5 version.
- Completed several undergraduate courses with a concentration in computer/Human Resources