Staff Accountant III, Confidential,Malvern, PA October 2009-April 2012
- Extensive utilization of U.S. GAAS and U.S. GAAP during two years of public accounting experience in the insurance, financial institution, and higher education industries.
- Solid background in auditing, reviewing, and compiling financial statements on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Proficient in testing the reliability of client-developed internal controls, particularly in the areas of receipts and disbursements, payroll, and sales.
- Performed various analytical procedures, including budget-to-actual variance analyses, and substantive testing procedures on all balance sheet and revenue and expense accounts.
- Proficient in posting and testing journal entries, including posting adjusting and revised journal entries, and well versed in the review and testing of account reconciliations (including investigation of reconciling items).
- Performed and supervised compliance audits of for-profit clients participating in the Housing for Urban Development (HUD) housing and lending programs.
- Currently working towards obtaining the CPA License and will obtain the Certified Fraud Examiner Credential shortly thereafter.
Tennis Professional, Confidential,West Chester, PA June 2008-2009
- Use of communication skills to conduct all types of tennis instruction including group lessons, private lessons, junior development camps, and adult tennis clinics.
- Organized, scheduled, promoted, and managed tennis events at the country club via the internet, email, posted advertisements and personal interaction with members at the facility.
- Provided techniques essential to the preservation of an effective and efficient high level tennis program.
- Managed tennis coaching along with personal academic, tennis practice and tournament schedule within the parameters of quality time and reliability.
- As a NCAA Division I collegiate tennis player, I volunteered my time and skill to assist with the general athletic and intellectual development of youth in my community.
Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting
Member, Young Professionals Network – Philadelphia, PA, November 2010-Present
Member, Beta Alpha Psi-National Honors Fraternity for Accounting, February 2007
Member, Institute of Managerial Accountants, December 2007
President\'s Honor Roll, 2005-2006
Scholarship Athlete, NCAA Division 1 Tennis Team, September 2004 – 2008
Atlantic 10 Conference Tennis Player of the Week, Spring 2006
Atlantic 10 Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll, Spring 2007
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), Temple University, Fall 2006 -2007
SKILLS & LANGUAGES:Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint Pfx Engagement Audit Software; CaseWare Audit Software; ACL Audit Software; BNA Fixed Asset Software; Great Plains Accounting Information Software; POM (Project/Operations Management) Software
- Spanish – Conversational
- Musician – Attained first trumpet chair for 10 years in elementary, middle, high school and regional orchestras and jazz bands; play trumpet and drums.