Information Management Professional with over 15 years of library-related experience in a Fortune 100 company. Expertise in a variety of roles including all aspects of technical and automated services (cataloging, acquisitions, serials and electronic resource management), reference services and project management. Successful in supporting customer needs and building strong customer relationships.
- Integrated over 20 libraries, including international locations into the Merck Library Network utilizing a centralized library management system, saving the company time, money and staff resources by reducing redundancy of valuable company resources, increasing utilization of existing resources and reducing support staff by centralizing cataloging functions.
Professional ExperienceConfidential,Information Management Senior Analyst (2004-2009)
- Provided customer support for data repositories and tools used by the Library and Reference Services Group. Tasks involved business requirements gathering and analysis and developing/performing User Acceptance Testing, producing ad hoc reports and metrics using SQL and other reporting tools.
- Provided IT support of library systems. Successful team projects included:
- Implemented OpenURL technology which provided immediate access to journal articles and other published information, saving researcher time.
- Developed document delivery management system (managed 250K documents annually).
- Supported upgrades and enhancements to the Integrated Library System/ Library Catalog.
- Led exploration of electronic resource management system options.
- Webmaster for digital reference library.
- Maintained In-house alerting service for Merck researchers.
- Transitioned from SciLit to Web of Knowledge literature search service which provided additional features and improved usability.
- Set up electronic resource management database using eRoom tool.
Confidential,Literature Resources Network Coordinator (1993-2004)
- Project management of library networking project included evaluation and integration of new libraries and information centers.
- Served as Head of Technical Services at main research library in Rahway, NJ.
- Supervised 2 FT employees, 2 contract employees.
- Go-to person for troubleshooting cataloging, circulation, serials, acquisitions and general library system projects for company libraries across New Jersey, Pennsylvania and international sites (UK, Italy and Canada).
- Member of core Integrated Online Library System (IOLS) implementation team that evaluated, purchased, set-up and rolled out new library automation system.
- Analyzed legacy system Non-MARC record structures and re-defined into MARC standard records.
- Established policies and procedures to maintain quality control of cataloging records and database.
- Redesigned Public Access interface and provided training of staff and clients.
- Provided Reference Service at main research library.
- Collection Development and Acquisitions duties including regularly recommending purchases for main research and satellite libraries, weeding collections, and reallocating resources after evaluation of collections.
Confidential,Rahway , NJ
1992 - 1993
New Participants Project Coordinator
- Primary cataloger for new project involving library collection integration into centralized Library Automation System.
- Cataloged, mostly original and some copy cataloging, over 2,000 MARC records for five specialized libraries including law, business intelligence, environmental and safety, public affairs and corporate archives.
1990 - 1992
Special Collection and Archives- Contract Librarian
- Provided reference services for the Special Collections and Archives Department.
- Selected and ordered materials for major collection (Sinclair NJ collection).
- Searched RLIN for MARC records and loading into Library Catalog (GEAC system).
- Created library reference materials.
- Provided technical services support for Sinclair NJ collection.
Confidential,New Brunswick, NJ
1991 - 1992
Senior Project Assistant for Sinclair Recon Project
- Supervised three graduate students in pilot retrospective conversion project on major collection.
- Converted over 6,000 catalog cards into electronic MARC records to be placed into Rutgers library catalog.
- M.I.S, Masters in Management of Information Systems
Professional Development and Training
- ESI: Use Case Modeling (2009)
- Construx: Requirements Boot Camp (2008)
- PALINET: Future of Cataloging (RDA and FRBR) (2008)
- ESI: Business Analysis: How to Gather and Document User Requests (2007)
- In-House: Project Management Toolkit (Using Microsoft Project)
- PALINET: Rules and Tools for Cataloging Internet and Electronic Resources (2006)
- METRO: Metadata for Digital Libraries (2006)
- PALINET: Integrating Resources Cataloging Workshop (2005)
- ACM (Association of Computing Machinery (2001- present)
- Special Libraries Association - Sci/Tech and Pharmaceutical Division (2001-present)
- NJ Chapter Employment Chair (2002-2004); Secretary (2004-2005)
- Toastmasters International- Singles Speak Up! District 19
- Past VP Education (1999-2000)
- Merck Activities Club
- Past Treasurer (2000); Past Events Coordinator (2000-2001)
- Somerset County Association of Young Professionals (2001-2007)
Additional Skills, Qualities and Accomplishments
Fluent in Ukrainian; Excellent communication skills(oral and written),"people skills" and team player; Knowledge of AACR2 and Library of Congress Subject Heading (LCSH); Familiar with MeSH, Dublin Core Meta tags; Familiar with RDA and FRBR framework; Proficient in searching OCLC, Dialog and literature search databases; Horizon System Administrator skills; SQL, Sybase, UNIX, HTML; Web authoring tools- FrontPage and Dreamweaver; Bryce; Internet Searching; Keen interest in new technologies.