Committed, goal oriented and results driven professional with over Seventeen years experience in Software industry with Five years in Application Development and over Twelve years in Quality Assurance. Experienced leader of multiple projects and assigned duties for over Eight years. Tackles assignments with a proven ability to multitask, solve problems, work under pressure, and meet aggressive deadlines. Quick Learner with the ability to adapt to change. Able to communicate well verbally and in writing. Experience across multiple industries: Mortgage Servicing, Banking and Insurance. Completed MBA in Financial Planning May, 2010.
Confidential,California 07/1999 to Present
TEAM MGR SYSTEM/SOFTWARE QC
Project: LMAI (Line of Business Managed Applications)
The Line of Business Managed Applications and InfrastructureGovernance Program was initiated in February 2009 to provide remediation for an enterprise severity one audit issue. This audit issue highlighted the risk associated with applications that are managed within Line of Business teams. This risk exposure to the enterprise could impact information protection, data quality and business continuity. The LMAI program strives to mitigate risk to Bank by enforcing ‘Enterprise LMAI policy’ across the company.
Project:Reverse Mortgage Loan Origination (RevStar)
Homeowners over age 62 can convert a portion of their home equity into cash without having to make monthly payments, sell their home or forfeit title. Repayment is not required until all borrowers no longer reside in the property. At that time, the mortgage is paid either through the sale of the house or from other assets from the owners estate. Various products supported were HECM (Home Equity Conversion Mortgage) Monthly/Annually, Countrywide Simple Equity.
Project:Global Servicing System (GSS)
Countrywide Global Technology Services provide complete IT support to their respective clients. Development teams provide analytical and technical support; assist the Client with defining solutions to business problems and/or enhancements through modeling, business case development, requirements definition, analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation and post- implementation support. Implementation support includes but is not limited to implementation planning, change management, and developing documentation to support all computer operations such as job streams, report distribution, delivery schedules and calendar job scheduling. Post implementation support includes, but is not limited to production break-fix services, ticket review, reporting, tracking, and analysis.
Project:Global Origination System (GOS)
This was the origination system to board new loans for the Woolwich PLC. Loans originated through this system were boarded on the ILP main frame system for servicing which were later converted onto GSS for servicing.
- Managed testing efforts where usually testing occurs on multiple platforms (both web and AS/400 based) and across applications. .
- Budgeting, sizing, scheduling and maintaining project progress and reporting status
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Business interaction, Requirement Analysis, Software Architecture, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation phases and the Role of QA.
- Trained and managed offshore resources in India for regular testing activities.
- Expert in build management, optimization of the build processes and consistently improving the process to achieve safest builds possible, in the shortest time feasible
- Prepared Traceability matrix to map requirements to test conditions, to make sure all the requirements are covered in testing and for root cause analysis.
- Planning resources and schedules for functional, integrated and regression testing.
- Hands on experience leading all stages of testing efforts, including preparing Test Plan, Test model ,test cases and testing and led team to complete multiple projects and tasks.
- Represented project team for CAB meeting for emergency and normal code promotions to Production.
- Involved in implementation tasks, Post production validation and signoff process
- To meet the tight timelines went to India and completed the Reports development using Crystal reports. Managed both Development and QA teams and played key role in establishing off-shore testing team.
- Worked as Unit test lead and performed white box testing , before moving code to QA on AS400 applications.
- Provided subject matter expertise to the department and other groups.
- Extensive experience Developing and executing automated testing scripts using QTP, WinRunner, Test Director, LoadRunner and HP Quality Center.
- Instructed quality professionals and project team members on quality practices and principles used to support the defined SDLC processes.
- Developed and tested applications of complex existing applications and enhancements.
- Wrote several SQL scripts to validate the data integrity in the application in DB2/400 and DB2.
- Worked with business clients and other infrastructure groups to resolve business and systems issues.
- Responsible for the systems development life cycle on large size development and enhancement projects.
- Supported and assisted in the design, testing, system documentation and user training functions of the project.
- Developed and maintained project documentation using the standard templates and the guidelines established by the project.
- Provided testing services of a highly complex nature for the servicing and origination applications of the project.
- Assignments were release-related and task-oriented, but included testing and other analysis outside of specific release cycles.
- Used own initiative, experience, and knowledge to locate anomalies in functionality of assigned issues.
- Worked under the pressure of strict time constraints and constantly changing priorities.
- Part of Disaster Recovery team from QA.
- Extensively analyzed SSIS packages and stored procedures to prepare test conditions for remediation projects.
- Worked on test management and bug tracking tools like HP Quality Center and other bug tracking tools like TeamTrac etc.,
- Involved extensively in the configuration of XI with SAP system and non SAP system and extracted the data from non SAP to SAP systems
- Involved inIntegration Builder (Integration Repository (IR), Integration Directory (ID), in SAP PI.
- Developed specific Adaptors, Integration scenarios, Mapping Objects, Message Interfaces, Message types using Integration Builder
- Good knowledge of ETL process, SSAS, SSRS and verification methodologies.
Project: Midas-Surcouf Interface development 08/1998 – 12/1998
Surcouf project used to monitor all IT expenses and provide IT Managers as well IT customers
Within the business a thorough picture of expenses and projects. All IT expenses are being booked by all branches to MIDAS system and IT expenses are being monitored manually via MIDAS GL accounts. Surcouf system needs to be updated regularly to reflect all these IT related Postings. Because of differences in data structures between SURCOUF and MIDAS, mapping tables are required to convert MIDAS information to SURCOUF format. Therefore there is need
For an interface from MIDAS to SURCOUF.
- Involved in Analysis and Design of new Specifications and database design.
Developed Maintenance programs using subfiles and reports for daily and monthly reporting. Maintenance of the existing applications which involves coding of new programs.
- Involved in unit testing, end user testing and year 2000 compliance testing.
Project: CFIG Merger and Y2k Conversion project for GE-Capital 04/1998 – 07/1998
The project was to merge two independent application systems running on the AS/400‘s, The Consolidated Insurance
Group (CIG) and Financial Insurance Group(FIG) into a single application. It also included the Y2K conversion project for
GE-Capital (Consolidated Financial Insurance group). Field expansion techniques were used on the file fields and I/O fields
in the display files. The printer file fields have been windowed or renamed taking the base year as 70.Powertools-2000 has
been used to perform the impact analysis of the whole system.Bypass200 has been used to perform the conversion.
- Worked as a Module Leader, involved in setting up of the conversion Environment using Powertools-2000, Y2K conversion using Bypass2000 and Y2K Testing of the application.
Project: Stock Exchange Singapore (SES) 01/1998 – 03/1998
Transactions are entered directly to Stock Exchange Singapore (SES) on daily basis. These are downloaded on a daily basis for internal processing by stock brokering company. The data downloaded are used for internal reporting such as daily balance sheet statement. Trading data from SES is downloaded and integrated in to JDE financial database automatically to get online information directly from job General ledger. Processing of data involves two steps :
1. To convert SES trading data in to JDE interface file.
2. To process converted transactions in the Interface file in to JDE general ledger and they will be posted in to their respective accounts.
- When the daily interface program is run, it will generate exception error list if it found any error. It may be because of multi currency problem, changed field length, contra for records etc., have to check where error occurred using joblog and do the corrections using journal entry revisions.
- Modification to standard JDE programs to suit client’s requirements.
Project: Y2K Conversion Project 01/1997 – 12/1997
To convert all date fields stored in databases to zone data fields of new format. The physical file access path will be sequential and fields will be defined in separate permanent logical file. All applications will access the database through
logical files alone. The converted programs that will access the database with the expanded date fields and the program that are not modified yet will access the same database, in order to run both modified and unmodified programs we
created two logical files, one is with expanded fields and the other is same as old file. The later one will be deleted after completion of conversion.
- As a team lead, involved in Analysis of date field expansion techniques.
- Involved in creating Logical files with expanded date fields so that the modified programs and programs yet to be modified will access same database.
- Made changes to RPG,CL programs using check list provided by the client and then peer reviewing the programs and then submitting for final testing.
Project: Shares Management system 08/1996 – 12/1996
To maintain details of share holders, system helps to oversee the allotment of shares, payment of individuals and taxes, transfer of shares etc., It helps the company to keep the record of all shareholders details such as number of shares held and other personal details. It also helps keep track of shares transferred and to maintain record of new shareholder.
- Involved in Application analysis, Design of the Specifications.
- Developed programs in RPG, CL.
- Developed screens using subfiles and reports.