With over 6 years of software testing experience seeking a challenging position as a Senior Software QA Engineer based on strong analytical background, extensive experience in US Government, Financial and Telecom industries.
- In depth knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle and its different types of methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum).
- Expert in writing, documenting or reviewing Test Plan, Requirement Document, Design Document, Technical Specification Design, Functional Requirement Specifications and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experienced in Manual and Automated testing for Web and Client/Server applications.
- Extensive experience working in Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Experienced in developing business based functional test scenarios.
- Skilled in System specification analysis, testing methodology and test plan formulation.
- Strong experience in different types of testing such as System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Back End, Positive, Negative, Performance, Black Box, Load and Volume.
- Experienced in using various HP/Mercury testing tools such as, QuickTest Pro and Quality Center.
- Very strong in writing complex SQL queries and testing all the database applications of RDBMS in ORACLE, SQL Server & MS Access.
- In depth knowledge in SOA.
- Expert in developing automated test scripts.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked as a Production Support tester and completed tasks on time under very tight deadlines.
- Experienced in working with the Business Analyst to understand the business process and develop Test Strategy.
- Closely worked with the developer and the other team members to solve any technical and end user issues.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills as well as strong problem solving skills and a great team player.
Confidential,Suitland, MD September 2011- Present
Sr. Test Engineer (SERCO Temp Contractor)
CBS developed 30 + applications for Federal employees and Bureau Contractors. I was involved in testing major enhancement of various Client server applications, such as Employee roster, Senior Employee Coordinator, COTR+, Parking/Travel subsidy.
- Analyzed Functional requirements, design documents and developed Test Plan, Test Scenarios also wrote detailed test cases.
- Created test scripts and test cases to cover wide variety of scenarios, also written new test cases for the changed requirements and functionality.
- Executed test cases in the Quality center and logged defectsin Serena/Team Track, also Involved in trouble shooting the issues.
- Involved in database validations and performed negative, smoke, boundary, regression, Positive, Ad-hoc testing.
- Tested front and backend of the application, also documented the test procedure.
- Documented expected Results in the Test Case Document and Captured Actual Results as part of Validated Testing.
- Extensively used TOAD to write SQL queries with different DB instances (PIITEST & ALTTEST) to build and validate expected test results as well as consolidated test data.
- Arranged walk thorough of the test cases for review/approvals.
Environment: Oracle 10g , Team Track , Serena, Unix server, Quality Center 11, Windows XP professional, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad 10.6.
Confidential,CA June 2007 – July 2011
Sr. QA Analyst
MediaFLO Mobile TV
Qualcomm, Inc developed and provided subscription for MediaFLO mobile TV technology for Verizon and AT&T wireless subscribers. QXDM & MobileView application widely used by RF engineers for design, optimize and troubleshoot the wireless network and web base application was developed for wireless subscriber’s web portals as a supplementary information source for mobile TV entertainment. I was involved in end to end testing of complex softwares and web based applications.
- Analyzed system specifications, requirements, Test Plan, Test Scenarios and wrote detailed test cases , created and maintained test plan documents.
- Reviewed functional requirements and created test cases.
- Reviewed the test cases with developers, Business Analyst and created new test cases on request.
- Created new test cases for the changed requirements and new functionality.
- Executed test cases and logged defects in the Quality center as well Involved in trouble shooting the issues.
- Testing of different Client Validations, Database validations and Performed negative testing and boundary testing.
- Generated automated test scripts using QTP and parameterized the test cases.
- Created different type of check points such as standard check points, text check points etc as needed.
- Verified Role based testing/Security testing for different role.
- Tested both front end and backend applications.
- Documented Expected Results in the Test Case Document and Captured Actual Results as part of Validated Testing.
- Generated automation scripts for Regression Testing using QTP for Data Driven Framework.
- Written complex queries for Backend testing, verify and validating data storage accuracy.
- Added conditional statments and loop statements as needed.
- Arranged walk thorough of the test cases for review/approvals.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team in testing.
- Expertise in writing the test plan, test summary reports and documenting all the test data.
- Coordinated with different teams in system integration testing.
- Experience in Agile methodology testing.
- Document and communicated test results to developers.
Environment: SQL Server, Java, XML, XML Spy, WebSphere, Quality Center V8.2/9.0/9.5, Windows XP, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL,Toad, QTP.
Confidential,NC April 2005-June 2007
RBC Centura conversion project of Flag Bank that offers loan products and programs for commercial real estate financing and commercial properties includes office, industrial, mini-storage, retail and hotels. RBC Centura has direct access to the most aggressive lending sources in the country. RBC Centura works diligently to structure financing terms that best meet clients\' needs.
- Designed and executed quality Test Plans and Test Cases to verify Reliability, Accuracy and Compatibility of application.
- Worked with web based Commercial loan applications to get approval on Test Cases and tested loan app functionality.
- Identified defects, entered required information into Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Performed Functional, Smoke, Regression, Positive and Negative testing.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing and automated these scripts using Quick Test Pro.
- Created, executed and updated automated test scripts using Mercury Interactive Quick Test Pro.
- Verifying offers of smaller commercial real estate loans through capital partner program with BMC Capital and Commercial Direct.
- Analyzed customized financing solutions for commercial investors nationwide.
- Verified the need to refinance existing commercial property or acquisition financing.
- Involved in executing the SQL Queries for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non Duplication Testing.
- Performed direct correspondent of several lending institutions, client’s benefit by receiving direct pricing from each capital source.
- Managed requirements with Test director.
- Participated in design enhancement reviews and submitted status reports on the progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, UNIX, VBScripts, J2EE.
Confidential,NC July2003- Feb 2005
Performed telecommunications and network consulting services, drive tested data collection and trouble shooting on the field(BTS site) by using data collection tools; XCAL,TEMS and GSM/GPRS handset testing.
- Draw and analyze Drive route using MapInfo 8.0 for new build, SWAP, Cluster, Verification drive as well checked the functionalities.
- Checking for Intracell & Intercell handovers and outgoing handovers for newly integrated sites.
- Perform Observing and troubleshooting system issues like excessive drop calls, handover performance, access failures, high number of blocked calls, poor quality, call setup, TRX test.
- Analyze performance data and drive test data from BTS.
Education & Certifications
MS in Computer Science